Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekday Randoms 11/28-12/1

How did we not start this yesterday?  Sup mah ladies?

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
--------------------------------
LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
Me: 33 | DH: 41
Married: March 2016
TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
PCOS dx January 2018
Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
BFP 3/10/2018! 
-------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

Re: Weekday Randoms 11/28-12/1

• @skilledsailor that’s fantastic that you have someone going through a similar TTC journey to talk to IRL. I feel like the second time around I will be a lot more open with the fact that we are trying, where as the first time I felt really isolated because I didn’t want to know for some reason.

Its already Wednesday! This week is flying by. It’ll be Christmas before I know it, yet I still have so much shopping to do. And trying to do it on a budget while DH keeps buying things for himself is a pain in the ass...

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • @SkilledSailor That is really nice you have a friend who is going through the similar situation as you right now. I can only imagine how help it must be to bounce info off of each other, as well as just have the support and understanding. Glad your RE appointment went well yesterday and you have a plan moving forward. Although not exactly what you were expecting. 

@meggyme I fell ya girl! I am super behind as well and don't know what to get MH, but I have a couple ideas now. 

AFM... My sister is still putting pressure on us to head down to Florida for the holidays, even though we have said it doesn't work for us financially atm. She is putting major guilt on me because she doesn't know when she will see me again. My reaction is, "Well you have lived a two day drive away from me for four years. You are self employed and can work from anywhere. But lets count how many times you have come to visit me? Zero." 
    I loath the family guilt trip. Maybe it has something to do with being the youngest? Gggrrr
  • edited November 2017
    @jsnakehole that's awesome!  What type of trip are you planning?  Aquarium? Zoo? Planetarium? Farm? ETA: I found this gif earlier today and feel like it especially applies to you this week :D  (in spoiler)

@nitnat007 Ugh... I am so sorry for the family guilt trip.  If you and YH cannot make something happen due to finances they should respect that decision unless they plan to cover the cost for you.  I always feel bad when I have to decline something for that reason, but realistically that's the adult decision not to go.  Maybe she'll get the point and come visit you soon? :(  GL with that.  Speaking of family, how's the MIL sitch? ;):D 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Just found out maternity care is going up around $500 next year with my healthcare. Any other US military folks on Tricare Select?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts Oohh score! I hope that they myo-inositol works for you. Love spaghetti squash! So good. My sister and her family are leaving the US and going sailing soon, which is why she is trying to put pressure on me. But I can't do a trip if it is going to give me financial indigestion! It is going to have to be a no. 
    MIL, well she is still being a bitch whenever she can be. She completely ignored MH a couple weeks back when he tried to greet her (I don't bother trying). And she was extremely snarky to him when he messaged her regarding plans with DSS. At this stage I am not even sure if MH is going to bother patching things up with her before he leaves. I will make sure that he spending time with FIL though, as he is still being good to us. I just feel so bad for him as he suffers with this drama. 

@jsnakehole AWW! What great news! I second the, what trip are you planning?
  • @nitnat007 - my mother is fond of using guilt to get her way so I feel ya. I have two aloof brothers, though, so I don't get it from them. I try to avoid using guilt on anyone because it sucks to be on the receiving end! I'd rather someone do something for me/visit with me/whatever because they WANT to, not because they feel like they have to in order to ease their guilt, you know?

So my random thought... have you ever listened to a song from your youth that you used to LOVE and then question the lyrics as an adult? I was listening to #1 Crush by Garbage the other day and paid attention to the lyrics. I used to think it was so romantic but now I'm like... wow, this is CREEPY. You'd die for your crush? Steal ships for them? You'll never be ignored? What is THAT supposed to mean? Yikes.

Oh, and the song "Bitch" - I used to think it made the singer sound fun, cute, and exciting. Now I'm like, dude, she is a hot mess. When women say they're "complicated" it usually means they're loose cannons. Stay away.
  • @holly321 Thank you. I think it is because I am the youngest and up until the last few years, was single, so I was alwasy the one that did the travelling. The expectation is still there. And yes, Florida is way more fun than Canada. Sigh.
    Ooh Yay!! You deserve all the wine! Enjoy it  :)

@jsnakehole That sounds like a really cool trip. The kids will love that! 

@wishiwaspreggo My sister definitely learnt the art from my mother. They are one and the same! But totally agree with you. People should never do things out of guilt. So bad. 
    Hahaha there are so many songs that I give the head tilt to now that I am older. @eleven_ "Looking in her big brown....." Yeah, so wrong! lol  :s
  • @holly321 and @eleven_ Lol I used to sing inappropriate songs, too, without knowing what they were about! The first time I heard David Banner's whisper song without censors I blushed deep red. My parents would let me watch things that are definitely inappropriate for kids that I didn't understand: Spaceballs, Poltergeist, Tales From the Crypt, and Perverted Science are the most memorable. I watched them later as an adult and thought "Omg, how could my parents have let me sit and watch this??" Ah, good times. The 80's and 90's were so free.

@lurvleybunchococonuts - UGH, I hate that song, too (Lips of an Angel)!!! I was that girl being led on by my ex when he had another girlfriend. Our relationship had a long, painful death. But we were teenagers. He liked having a side chick. I think it made him feel hot. And also, no to the "body like a back road" - DW and I said the same thing when we listened to it!
  • holly321 said:
    Do the original posters get warning, or just the people they offended?
    This is what I’ve always wanted to know. Oh well, it was worth getting my jab in.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I thought the same thing.

@wishiwaspreggo I'm so jealous right now. Indian food is my favorite.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @offtoneverland So awesome you got your Christmas shopping for your in-laws done! I agree that the post office is terrible. LOL to the Stephen Colbert gif. 

@lurvleybunchococonuts Those do look pretty easy. Let us know how they work out!  
    TW

• I have to do a "share" this Monday in our departmental meeting. We all take turns sharing something about ourselves and then once everyone is done, it starts all over. I've gone 3 times now and I truly despise it. I think everyone does. I think I might share this Christmas craft I've been working on. Lame! I can't think of anything else though. I'm pretty boring. 
    TW

• @eleven_ I love that idea!!!! We don't have a mantel and I never know what to do with our stockings. I totally want to make a north pole for myself! 
    @jrm_14 I always love a good angel food cake. The box mix always turns out really well (imo) and I usually make a glaze with powdered sugar and lemon juice to pour over top. It's so good! I guess it's kind of summer-y though. Or maybe a key lime pie? (I totally pasted the recipe for slutty brownies before I read your comment about negative points for too much chocolate. Boo!) 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland What are slutty brownies?!  MH is weird. He doesn’t care for chocolate, lemon bars, or delicious things. He may actually like the angel food cake idea , though!!