Infertility

December IVF anyone???

Re: December IVF anyone???

• I’m hoping to start my second cycle in December. We have an appt with RE on the 1st to talk about my protocol and what to change the second time around. **TW I had my first cycle in October and had a BFP on Nov 8th but ended in a chemical pregnancy. So we have to see what to change next go around TW** 
    RE mentioned possible genetic testing but I’m not sure that we have the money for that. Are there drugs that can help with egg quality? I hope so. I’m still a little disappointed the last cycle didn’t work but hopefully for a new and better cycle in December. 
  • dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited November 2017
    @bassetlover1 Hey! So sorry about the chemical... losses are never easy, and it definitely makes you question things going forward.
    some say it’s just a numbers game... it could be that was just an unlucky embie. If they suspect something with egg quality there are some things that can help (though most of it takes a few months to take effect) i think I’ve posted all my supplements somewhere (if you’re interested, i can message you) otherwise, as far as meds, I’m using HGH with my past two cycles which is supposed to increase egg quality basically right away.
  • Loading the player...
  • @dragonette505 That would be awesome if you messaged me. Is HGH something you bought or something your RE has you taking? I have a list of questions to ask my RE this time around. Including what type of protocol. I never asked last time.
    I keep telling myself it wasn’t really a pregnancy since there was no implant but for those few days it felt real. I’m determined to stay positive. I think if ladies like yourself who have continued to stay positive after all you’ve been through. 
  • @Happyin14 So sorry to hear about your loss. 

TW I lost my sister 17 years ago when she was 20 and watching my mother go through such a heart ache was probably the most horrific thing I’ve ever seen. I can only imagine what you two have been through. END TW

@Happyin14 and @mandurz  love and light to the both of you.
  • @mandurz So many hugs to you, but I am glad you are in a better space now. Good luck with this cycle!

@bassetlover1 welcome! I am so sorry about the CP

AFM- last night was day 3 of stims and this morning was my first u/s. I stopped the estrogen 36 hours ago and I currently have 9 very small (<10 so unmeasurable) follicles. Someone please tell me thats normal and not a low number. I am just a bit disappointed as I was hoping there would be a bunch.
  • @kiwi2628 I would say that's a pretty good number. Day 3 is hard to tell how many will perk up and be ready in the end. My RE is trying low stimulation this time so our goal is 4-8 eggs total
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    History in the spoiler (child and pregnancy loss mentioned)
    IVF #1 - Jan 2015 - 25 eggs retrieved down to 4 blasts to freeze
    FET #1 - March 2015 -- BFP twin boys
    Lost one twin June 2017
    FET #2 - August 2017 -- BFP single girl
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #2 - Jan 2018 - 13 eggs retrieved down to 1 blast
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF
    FET # 4 - Unknown start date, waiting to finalize everything

• @kiwi2628 no advice here, sorry .. I should be starting in the next week or so.
  • @kiwi2628 9 seems like a good number. I just finished my first cycle and i think around day 3 I had about the same. I think by the time I triggered I had 14 or so and they extracted 18 eggs. I completely understand the stress of the first cycle. I feel like I’ll be able to handle it all better the second time. Lol we shall see. Good luck!
  • Hey friends! Sorry I have been MIA! I was going to do my best not to research, compare, & stress this time! But here we go ... :blush: today was my first ultrasound after 3 nights of stims. There were 14ish follicles - and doctor said they’re progressing faster than he wants them to. We are lowering dose from 125 to 100 of Follistim and starting Ganirilex tomorrow. Keeping Menopur at 75. Has anyone ever has their doctor say this and how’d it turn out? I’m guessing too fast of growth and the follicles won’t mature?! This is my 2nd round of IVF and I didn’t have this issue last time! 

Next appt is Thursday! 
  • @krenee124 I’ve had cycles where the meds have been dialed back for several reasons. I wouldn’t worry about it so early in the game... they should be able to slow you down. You’ve got a lot of follies right out of the gate so you wouldn’t want to rush it. 
  • Ugh so my finance coordinator called to tell me they can’t authorize my payment for the cryopresevation , biopsy or CCS till after my SO gives his second SA... umm like WTH does that have to do with running my CC  to pay for the stuff? He was supposed to go last week but work came up, and then he was supposed to go Monday but work stepped in again now he’s doing it thur. 
  • @ndz2018 Ugh, how annoying! I'm sure it's some policy thing so they have all bases covered. Least he'll be going Thursday, so not far away! :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @ndz2018 ugh so annoying. Thursday will be here soon!

AFM- still stimming. Tonight is night 5 (!) and tomorrow AM is my next u/s. I am hoping we see at least 15. 15 would make me feel comfortable. Come on ovaries!
  • @kristimh80 I think I’m just frustrated and PMS is starting...sooooo I’m a little ticked off at the world right now lol
  • I know some of you have seen the post in the November thread, but my November cycle got cancelled on CD3 due to some non-IF related pain I was having. I hope to get it all sorted out in the next 10 days so that I can get clearance to go ahead with a December cycle. If so, I would be looking at starting the estrogen priming around December 10th/11th a CD 1 on the 19th/20th and an ER around New Year's Eve/Day. I am super disappointed about my cancelled cycle and spent Saturday night in tears, but I'm trying to look at the positives. I have almost 2 weeks around Christmas/New Year's booked off so I would be able to just take it easy toward the end of my stimming and for the ER without any of it interfering with work. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 Well that just sucks. Sorry to hear that.. but I like How you’re looking at the postives :) 
  • @tosh24 I am so sorry again your cycle got cancelled, but I am so glad you are able to get in an IVF cycle since before you weren't sure you ever would! I am missing you as my cycle buddy, though
  • @tosh24 I am sorry your cycle got cancelled :disappointed: sounds like the end of December could work out so well for you! I really hope all goes as planned and you’re back on track. I know the anticipation of waiting and being cancelled. 
  • @ndz2018 I feel you girl! I'd be ranting too!!

@tosh24 So sorry!!! I hope everything gets worked out so you can begin this next cycle on a good note!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @ndz2018 wow that sucks and I agree why would one change how the cc is processed. Hope it gets worked out. 

@tosh24 sorry you got cancelled before. And hope that things work out for this time and good thing about scheduling work off so you can just relax. 

@kiwi2628 I really hope you get the numbers you are looking for. I remember the first ivf I did I would chant to myself "let's get to 20" or "come on eggs grow" telling my body to do what I wanted. One thing I will say is staying positive does help, or at least helped me. 

AFM just sitting twiddling my thumbs til Dec 10th. I am so ready to start but need to wait to make sure my body is ready after the loss. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @tosh24 I’m sorry your cycle was cancelled. I hope the pain you had is gone and you feel better.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017

@mandurz I’m twiddling my thumbs as well... have been for a few weeks now just waiting for AF to start ... I feel It coming and expecting it early next week.

@kiwi2628  GO OVARIES GOOOOO!! Also how are the meds going? I have Yet to hear what my protocol is or instructions are .. I guess They are waiting for SOs second SA and then the payment which i have given them but won’t process till after the SA and i guess we will get going with instructions Fri maybe early next week. Ugh idk i wish someone would tell me what’s going on. Thinking about calling my nurse today to find out 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    Wow I feel like a total air head right now! Ok so the authorization is for SOs second SA, he has low count and 0% morph so they need insurance to authorize the ICSI.. DUH! Wow I feel like my hair color fits me at the moment.  She did make me feel much better telling me that if by chance AF comes before the insurance authorizes it she will start me on BCP but we will def be doing our ER this month. Needless to say I feel much better about all this.
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited November 2017
    So I had my monitoring this AM and its not exactly what I was hoping, but maybe I am hoping for too much. Last night was day 5 of stims and I have 3 on my R (14, 11, 11) and some smaller ones, and on my left I have one (11) and some smaller ones. I am fairly disappointed as I was hoping for like 10 measurable at this point, but my nurse said to stay positive and its still early. Tonight I up my menopur to 150 and start the ganirelix and I have another monitoring appt on Saturday.
  • @kiwi2628 Nurse says it still early... maybe it’s still early.. Try not to compare yourself to others or what you’ve read as all our body’s are different. That being said, I’m sorry for your dissappointment and my FX that things pick up!! 
  • Ladies - weird and TMI but .. wiping today I passed a large CLEAR clot/something. Has this ever happened? I’m afraid I ovulated or something but started ganirilex last night! :o
  • Addition - maybe I’m being crazy and it was just a lot of CM. Anyone else? 
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited November 2017
    @krenee124 I have had so much CM its insane

@ndz2018 I hear what you're saying, but I think my nurse is being annoyingly optimistic and hopeful instead of realistic
  • OK! SOs semen analysis is dropped off! Let’s hope things start falling into place And the ICSI get authorized ASAP!! I really wanna get this moving AF is due early next week. 

Question.. has anyone personally called their insurance company to see if they will authorize things faster?!
  • @ndz2018 I have called insurance to check on things yes, not sure if it would get it processed any faster but it couldn't hurt. I hope it gets approved fast.

@kiwi2628 I know your bummed but keep hope alive, it could change dramatically on your next scan. 

@krenee124 honestly I don't remember that from last time but I am sure it was the CM. For me, anything I was super worried or unsure about I would call the nurse cuz it was my first round and didn't have any experience with what should be normal. If you are nervous about the amount just call and let them know, they can evaluate and let you know if they feel it's normal or not.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• Well there a chance we may be out this cycle. SO semen analysis came back and still low, which we knew but there wasn’t enough sperm per high powered field to read motility and morph. We have to repeat again, however, insurance usually says we was have to wait two weeks but finance will see if they will approve it so we can do it in a few days rather than 2 weeks. If we can do it on Monday I may still be in this upcoming cycle, if not we will have to wait it out till Jan :( I’m super bummed but trying not to let it upset me as we won’t know for sure till tomorrow. If we can get the SA done next week she will start me on BCP till insurance approves the ICSI.
  • I'm sorry @ndz2018. I know exactly what it's like to have a cycle yanked from you before you even begin. I hope you are able to have the other SA done on Monday so that you can still squeak a cycle in this year. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 I spoke to my finance coordinator and she was like, well Since we had nothing to submit you can totally go on Monday  :)  . Which is awesome but what we are really waiting for is the insurance to authorize the ICSI. Her and I discussed it and we decided we are going to get on the insurance company if they don’t get back to them in 2 days!!! We’ll pretty much annoy them till we get the green light lol. Seriously, I’m loving my team at the clinic! So I’m holding on to hope! It still looks like they’re gonna have to put me on BCP on CD 3 till it get approved, but I’m totally ok with that. FX that this all falls into place. 
  • @ndz2018 here's hoping that it gets approved quickly!
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @ndz2018 prayers it gets approved fast!!

thanks to the ladies who sent me info last night! I had an appt today - doctor said CM is going to be really heavy with the response i have. Estrogen was 1500 so they lowered my meds again but all follicles were between 10-14 and a few 15s in there! ER is scheduled for 12/5! Nurse said theyre lowering the dosages to try to prevent OHSS... anyone here had this before? Do you recall your estrogen level? 

She said there isn’t a right and wrong number - it needs to correlate with the number of follicles so I was just curious. I realize we are all so different! 
  • I am sorry about your loss. I wish you lots of baby dust this round! I will be doing IVF in December as well. I am currently three days into the stims phase. I will be doing PGD. It will cost around $5,000 for the biopsy and testing but I must get it done ***TRIGGER WARNING - bfp mentioned*** December 2015 I had a successful round of IVF, however out of 9 embryos I had 1 available for transfer after the results came in. I can't imagine how many FET rounds I would have had to do to reach my DS.
  • Great my nurse called and told me she is leaving the practice and her last day is TODAY!! She told me that I will be assigned a new nurse today probably, latest Monday. Ugh I really hope this doesn’t screw things up for our ER. I’m already all stressed out that I’ve gotta wait till Monday for our 3rd SA for insurance to approve the ICSI now this... not to mention AF is supposed to show up like Monday/tue she did send BCP to the pharmacy already just in case. 
  • @ndz2018 switching nurses shouldn't matter. My original one left 2 weeks before I started IVF and I had issues with getting drugs so that was fun, but it all will work out!

AFM- next ultrasound is tomorrow! I tried to do one today to myself at work, but since it was abdominal and not transvaginal I couldn't see anything. Oh well. Seriously hoping my ovaries are working a bit more and popping up eggs and that my estrogen gets higher! Pleeeeeease. Also, can I just say, adding in an add'l menopur and that ganirelix make these injections HURT. Like, my stomach is so sore and sensitive to the touch. Ugh, I hope this cycle isn't a bust.
  • @kiwi2628 Omg that’s hilarious that you tried it yourself! I would’ve too!! So the two injections you added in last night that hurt, how long do you have to do them for?
    I still have yet to receive my protocol or meds, but the pharmacy isn’t far so I could go get them when I need Them... they also ship overnight for no charge.
  • Hello ladies- an update for me: I received my meds on Wednesday but some of it was missing so waiting on the rest today.   On Tuesday my clinic called me and said that my referral had run out and that I couldn’t start until we got an updated one.  This is after I had an ultrasound and blood work- so now I have to pay for that visit out of pocket.  Usually the office just calls to get referral extended so not sure what happened this time.   I called my primary care physician and they submitted a new referral.  I then had to call insurance today to see why it hasn’t been approved but luckily I was able to get them to expedite approval once I spoke to someone higher up.  Now I am just waiting to make sure that the clinic received The fax so I can start stimming tonight!