January 2018 Moms

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @conineml oh heck no! This is the perfect opportunity for your DH to set some boundaries before LO gets here.  Because, unexpected guests: just a world of no's!

This has been such a supremely shitty day already:
    1. DH has been out of town for a week plus already and isn't coming back for another week
    2. DS2 woke us all up at 5:45 this morning
    3. I finally got the car in for maintenance today and was so excited to cross something off my to-do list...and 2 hours later someone hit my car in the nursery school parking lot.  So now I need to deal with insurance AND taking my car to get in to be service
    4. Our water bill is astronomical and I'm pretty sure we have a leak in our irrigation system, so we're just throwing water away and our irrigation people (while great at the their job) are not great about the communication aspect of things and are taking forever to get back to me.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    jasonsgirl92jasonsgirl92 member
    edited November 2017
    @conineml Wow, just wow. I would have been super mad. Especially not dressed to be in front of other people! I've had the landlord come over when I just got out of of bed (aren't they supposed to call first?) and repairmen come when I am literally about to get in the shower, but that sounds worse because you have to let them in  :'(  

MBF: DH works with FIL in his small remodeling business. I've been running ads for them for the past couple months so they get more work in and it's been going great. FIL phone rings off the hook and DH is working 6 days a week. Lately, for some reason unbeknownst to anyone on earth, FIL has been dillydallying at these job sites (IE, people's houses...that they live in) forcing the entire workload on DH. They just got a new guy to help, which DH says has been great, but unless the job is finished no one gets paid. FIL told these people their bathroom would be done in 3 days. Today I think is day 5 or 6 and all that's left is paint the bathroom which does not need more than 6 hours to do! It's a bathroom! (DH and worker guy wasn't there, they were doing another job)

I'm really upset because he hasn't gotten paid in what feels like an eternity, 2 bills are due next week, and the laptop I want for Christmas (before I never get to buy anything for myself ever again  :'( ) is only on sale today. 
    Oh yeah and we have $18 :disappointed:

edited for clarification
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• Options
    coninemlconineml member
    edited November 2017
    @KatieEl I feel ya!  I told him I totally didn't mind them coming we just really needed some notice from now on and in his defense he was so not feeling it either and would have mentioned it had he known, but they blindsided him too.  I think we were both so blown away by them showing up in general we didn't know what to do.  I mean, his grandmother literally said last time I was here you didn't even have curtains...that was 5 years ago when we moved in...
    I'm hoping I was either enough of a bitch saying my house was a disaster they got the point or...maybe not and DH will have to discuss it.  FX I made my point!  She even said now you just go about whatever it was you were in the middle of, don't mind us.  Like I'm going to clean while you're here...plus you're in the room I need to clean.  Should I just vacuum under you?!  Think I'll pass.
    Also, FX you don't have a lot of damage @KatieEl It's bad enough dealing with someone at the shop for normal maintenance (mansplaining anyone?!, Just change my oil and let's move on with our day right? I don't need all your extras because I'm a woman and you think you can scare me into things that are wrong with my car.) I hate to have to deal with extra car stuff when DH isn't around. Hopefully, it doesn't take up too much of your day.
    ETA:  @jasonsgirl92 because we must have been typing at the same time!  Yes super frustrating, but how do you say no!  If it had been a random person, I would have just ignored the door completely lol
  • Options
    @jasonsgirl92 Hugs. Finances and being low on money are always stressful... but I find it is three times as bad when I am pregnant. I hope FIL gets a fire lit under his butt. At least you know money WILL come... so that's something. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    Hugs to you all. What a rough Monday.

I posted in last week's symptoms thread about having food poisoning, but now I'm pretty sure it's the flu. I've been sick since Friday night with no end in sight. Trying to push all the fluids I can, but I'm feeling really weak since all I've been able to eat are crackers and yogurt. DS is still moving like crazy so that's some reassurance that he's ok. This just sucks on top of the extreme heartburn and just general aches and pains that 3rd tri brings.
  • Options
    @schaze Sorry you are feeling so rough!  Hopefully it passes soon!  
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I've concluded that I hate commuting, but there's a decent chance I'll end up doing it after the baby is born if I can't find any local jobs. Kudos to you for making it a whole hour! At about 45 minutes I'm totally over it.
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I think everything is three times more stressful pregnant  :D
    If the fire doesn't get lit soon, I'll light it for him XD
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• Options
    I have ugly cried at least 10 times today. The process of DH going back into the military is not going smooth and we hit another bump. I have no idea when I won’t be living in limbo anymore. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Dani0329 Hugs. That sounds complicated  :(
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    Creepy internet hugs to you, @Dani0329 :(