July 2018 Moms

The Almighty First Tri ULTRASOUND THREAD!!!

Re: The Almighty First Tri ULTRASOUND THREAD!!!

• Loading the player...
  • sopranoalisopranoali member
    edited November 2017
    Congrats to all mamas so far! My first appointment isn’t til December 19 :neutral:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sopranoali That's the same day as our first appointment too!
  • Just got caught up! Yay for everyone!

those with twins- did you have any beats drawn? We they high if so? 
  • Just got caught up! Yay for everyone!

those with twins- did you have any beats drawn? We they high if so? 
    I did have betas drawn. They were not at all in the high range. I’m not sure if it makes a difference whether they were from one embryo that split(causing later high Betas perhaps after you stop having them drawn) vs two embryos(high betas from beginning?) though?? Anyone know?
  • @elizabethrn87 Research apparently has said high betas can just mean a healthy Singleton so to not go off of that, but my doctors did say my betas were high so they wondered, that coupled with my commenting that my ms was much worse than with DS. I compared my betas with my DS and he was actually slightly higher for hcg but my progesterone this time is much higher.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @karasmile that is fantastic!  Look at that cute little bean!!
    Congrats @Kenya715!  Beautiful little baby :)
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @MrsRucinski85 and @bradybunchmom89 congrats on twins! That’s so awesome! I’m secretly hoping for twins!
  • @Kenya715 @sm05-2 what great pictures of your babes! My lo looks all squished up lmao. Hope it’s comfy in there. 
  • @donutsprinkle what a perfect Sprinkle! 

I love all the different terms we’re using for our tiny babies! 
  • Congratulations on all the beautiful pictures here! Love all the names too, ours is "Blubs" - short for blueberry, because that's how big she/he was at first ultrasound.
  • ashbub714 said:
     I’m secretly hoping for twins!
    Same! I have no reason to think it's twins but I totally hope it somehow is!  <3<3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited November 2017
    ashbub714 said:
    Same! I have no reason to think it's twins but I totally hope it somehow is!  <3<3

edit because bump cut me off. Also stuck in a box... 

haha same! I’ve always wanted twins! But the thought of having them during my last pregnancy makes me scared, so I don’t think I want them anymore.. I’ll love on everyone else’s twins!
  • I just wanted to pop in and let you all know - I'm a noob so maybe this isn't news- that I found a few reputable ultrasound labs that specialize in u/s in between visits for moms who want to connect with their little in between ob appointments. They run ~60 to ~100 dollars. I personally prefer having a doctor there vs a technician but I'm also from another country -italy- where doctors don't nickel and dime me for an additional visit if you want peace of mind.  A friend of mine actually told me about this service when I told her I wished my next appointment was before my upcoming work trip to Wyoming. Even though the doctor said everything is great, I'm a FTM and a bit of a hypochondriac and I would have loved to see my baby again before I get on that plane ;)
  • sm05-2 said:
    Congratulations @Kenya715! What a beautiful, clear picture! I love your nugget, too, @karasmile!

I'm 8 weeks and 1 day today, measuring a bit ahead. Baby looks good with a hb of 174. Having PGAL brain, I was nervous for this u/s, too. This is the furthest I've ever made it along in any of my pregnancies, so I am feeling a little more hopeful, now. And the good news is the SCH seems to have resolved. Here's the nugget now
    Congrats @sm05-2! So happy for you and your little nugget looks perfect. :)

imageimage

• Congrats to all the mamas who have seen and heard their little Beans! And all the twin mamas to be - so exciting for you!

I need some extra thoughts today. I woke up with some bleeding. More than spotting but not like a full flow and it seemed like old blood. Didn’t really have much in the way of cramping so trying to stay hopeful. I go in tomorrow afternoon to hopefully get some answers. Just feeling sad and down about it all. 
  • Congratulations @ckmb_knottie

@stlmegs Hooray!!! SO happy for you!
  • @smm1118 sending positive vibes. Spotting and even bleeding can happen during pregnancies and many times it's nothing to worry about. Nevertheless I can imagine it's scary. Try to send your baby happy thoughts and let us know what happens tomorrow.
  • Woohoo for the beautiful babes. 

@stlmegs so thrilled to see you had a good u/s after your scare this weekend. What a beautiful, clear shot of your little one!

@smm1118 I am sorry you are dealing with worry but am happy that it is old blood (that's a weird sentence to type). FX your appt goes well tomorrow. 
  • @smm1118 Did you call your doctor? They might run bloodwork for you to verify that your numbers are rising. I found that to be reassuring. Also, it's obviously alarming and makes every pregnant woman anxious, but it's also pretty normal. 
  • @smm1118 I am sorry you are dealing with that. Hopefully it is nothing and you can get in to the dr to give you some piece of mind! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • ashbub714 said:
    @runsomewhere there’s always a chance! My moms a twin and we only want two kids so it would be perfect for us  <3

• smm1118 said:
    Congrats to all the mamas who have seen and heard their little Beans! And all the twin mamas to be - so exciting for you!

I need some extra thoughts today. I woke up with some bleeding. More than spotting but not like a full flow and it seemed like old blood. Didn’t really have much in the way of cramping so trying to stay hopeful. I go in tomorrow afternoon to hopefully get some answers. Just feeling sad and down about it all. 
    @smm1118 thinking of you! Hope everything’s okay! 
  • @safire3, I wish they could have scheduled me for another us around this time too, but I have to wait until the 10th week! I'm 8w3d now.

@kinslersmom congratulations! Such a cute little baby in there, and what a relief!