Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk/Questions Thread w/o 11/27

This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here! 
Image result for question cat gif

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
--------------------------------
LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
Me: 33 | DH: 41
Married: March 2016
TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
PCOS dx January 2018
Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
BFP 3/10/2018! 
-------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

Re: Chart Stalk/Questions Thread w/o 11/27

• edited November 2017
    I started this thread rather selfishly because I need opinions (or maybe just to vent/talk it out lol).  My cycle is a hot mess.  According to the OB I saw last week, I may have PCOS, he didn't do any testing (other than draw blood for thyroid testing, still waiting on those results, harrumph), but based on weight, abnormal hairs, acne, cycle irregularities, ann-ov, etc he assumes that it's highly likely to be PCOS.  I'm suppose to "work on losing weight" for a few months and see if my cycle changes at all.  Okay, cool.  Implementing a moving more, eating less "plan".  Also, did some research and found out that Myo-inositol may prove to be helpful or at least tends to not harmful, so started taking that as well.  Anywho, FF seems to think I O'd on CD42 (dotted CH).  Not temping CD 44 really kills it for the "what if's" (shame on Coconuts not temping that day).  I've tried putting in a low temp and it gives me solid CH's for CD44, a similar temp as the day before and after and it takes away CH's, and high temp takes away CH's.  I know that I just need to wait it out and see what happens.  Time will tell. But does anyone have an opinions or thoughts on this?  FX I O'd, but honestly, I realize it's most likely yet another fake out.  
    Also, any thoughts/opinions on myo-inositol?  I'm taking it in powder form (dissolved in water), ~2000mg in the AM and another ~2000mg in the evening.  So far HOLY SORE TA-TA's.  Also I think it's completely coincidental timing wise.  If I really I did O I know it's not directly related to the inositol.

My Ovulation Chart

ETA: wording

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm not convinced you O'd yet.  Your temps are still well within range of your "pre-O" temps.  Sorry your body keeps faking you out!  As for the myo-inositol, I've tried it in the past and it really helped me although I don't have PCOS and I only took 2000 mg per day 

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Loading the player...
  • josie12367josie12367 member
    edited November 2017
    @lurvleybunchococonuts +1 on another fake out. Doesn't look too convincing for O'. ((hugs)) Hope your body figures out what it's doing soon. Can you put in a telephone consults with your OB, and see if he'll give you an RX for Provera to get yourself restarted? 

ETA: Nevermind....you're not at CD 60 just yet. For some reason I thought you were...oops!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @lurvleybunchococonuts, I also don't think you O'ed yet.  How long have you been taking myo-inositol?

AFM-. Any recommendations for books or resources on info on how to get your body healthier to TTC?  I haven't been able to take prenatals and haven't felt well enough to eat healthy in a while, which hopefully will change soon. 
  • @holly321 @lulu1180 @josie12367 Thanks ladies!  I think you're right in that I haven't O'd, I just needed to talk it out/hear it for some other's as well :)  Darned body.

@holly321 I JUST started the inositol on Wednesday evening so as I said, really doubt it has any impact as of yet lol.  I've been taking PNV's/coq-10 since before it's indicated on my chart, but I just randomly decided to start marking it down/to remember when I started the inositol :D 

@josie12367 lol no worries, it just FEELS like this cycle has been going forever especially since my previous cycle was non-O and 43 days lol.  I'm gonna wait out the 60 days and see what happens, I'll call them if no AF by then.  I still haven't cancelled my appt with the other clinic (Dec 15), so if no AF and the current OB doesn't want to do anything then I'll keep that appt/get a 2nd opinion.

@lulu1180 thanks :)  If you don't mind me asking what were you taking inositol for in the past?  I know it's suggested to be beneficial for a number of things.  

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @holly321 Have you already read It Starts with the Egg? It's a bit overwhelming, but there are some really good suggestions in there.
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited November 2017
    @holly321 I third It Starts With The Egg. One small change at a time can make a difference! ETA:  Also, the podcast How to Get Healthy And Pregnant (or something like that?) and Beat Infertility have several good episodes on general healthful lifestyle tips. 
  • MH & I are headed to the RE in 2 weeks. He was scheduled for an SA next week that includes volume, count, motility, and morph. The REI office mentioned he could wait until after the appt in case she wants something different. Do we go ahead and have him do it or wait?  
  • @jrm_14 YAY! Glad you got an appt scheduled and it's not a super long wait!  Hmm... I'm not sure if there's really anything additional they would order for an SA, so I think it'd be pretty safe to have him do it now.  Maybe someone else with more knowledge would know.  I'd think if there's additional testing usually ordered with it, I'd wait so he doesn't have to repeat it, but if morph, vol, count, motility are it, than go for it.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @jrm_14 I think SAs are pretty standard, so it would probably be worth it to do it sooner rather than later.
  • @jrm_14, you should be fine doing the SA before the appointment, and it might even be beneficial to have the results for the consult. Initial SAs are pretty standard with count/morph/motility being the main things they check for. That said, different labs measure things like morph and motility differently. As long as you're going to the lab the RE would send you to, it shouldn't matter.

Generally they don't do more in depth testing (like DNAF for example) unless there's a problem indicated by the initial SA, and even then they typically require a repeat SA to confirm the results first.
  • I have my EP Laparoscopy follow up appointment thursday, and I'm wondering if I should bring my DH or not. Do you/would you bring your SO with you too follow up appointments if they were able to come?  Sorry if this has been asked before. Which I'm sure it has. I used the search and anything with the term "DH" comes up with everything under the sun.  
  • @galactickates H comes with me to pretty much any appointment he can. We think of different questions and balance each other out very well in these instances. Plus, it's nice when we both already have all of the information. 
  • @SkilledSailor - I think that's a great idea about being on the same page and questions.  It probably would be helpful to have him there.  
  • holly321holly321 member
    edited November 2017
    @galactickates, my DH comes to some of my appointments, but not all.  What I would take into consideration, is how comfortable are you with the doctor you are seeing?  I know you had understandable issues with ones you had seen, but not sure about the one you are seeing. 
    ETA, not sure I made the point I was going for.  I adore my doctor, and I know I can always call whenever if DH or I had questions or concerns I didn't remember at an appointment.
  • @galactickates I have nothing to offer really but this...if it were me, I'd want him there for moral support too. I think it's completely normal to have your dh at any appointments even if for no other reason than you just wanting him by your side. Good luck on Thursday. So many hugs to you
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• more of a curiosity, but have any of you had FF lower your CL? I'm 15dpo, likely today will be CD1 and FF lowered my CL this morning after I put in the temp. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai That’s odd - no idea why it would do that

my question - I know that your LP is usually consistent and shouldn’t vary by more than a day or so. Mine is usually 12 days but ever since my HSG (so two cycles, just started AF to start the third), it jumped to 15/16 days. Any idea why that would happen? I haven’t changed any supplements or taken any meds (fertility or otherwise). 
  • zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited November 2017
    @Avrilmai I haven't noticed FF lowering my CL but I have noticed FF's algorithm's have seemed different lately. 
    @Sailing_Mama I don't know why that would be but I have noticed some slight cycle changes as well post HSG. I have had two cycles post HSG and have noticed changes in my CM and also potentially have lost my lifetime of ovulation pain on my right side (although I don't know that for sure). 

Question: eta The question was - has anyone else used iProven brand OPK's, and what was your experience? I bought OPKs and HPTs on Amazon called "iProven" just to try something new. I definitely O'd this cycle because I was able to see a sustained temp shift and changes in CM, but for the first time since I have tracked I did not get even one positive OPK. I got closer and closer to positive, and then back to very clear negative on the evening of O (was checking OPK's 2-3 times a day as I usually do so it seems unlikely I just missed it). I have re-ordered my trusty Easy @ Home aka Wondfos for next cycle and might do a side by side experiment. I like that the dye on the iProven is more consistent (that was why I was shopping around, bad dye lots on Wondfos) but if I can't turn a positive OPK they are not much use.

(TW the iProven HPTs are pretty good but not quite as sensitive as Wondfo but I would say can detect at 25 miu, I feel like I could write a consumer guide on HPT's at this point end TW). 
  • @sailing_mama Interesting, I've never heard of that before! Let us know what your doc says. I'm very curious.

• Has anyone experienced a significantly heavier than normal flow after coming off progesterone?
  • @zamora_spin I use iProven. I just had my first cycle with them where I didn't get a positive OPK but I think that's due to a short LH surge. I personally prefer them. I've never gotten an indent line for HPTs with iProven whereas I have with Wondfos. 

@avrilmai FF changed my cover line this past cycle too. Don't know why. 
  • @darkstar42, mine wasn't thicker, but progesterone should thicken your uterine lining, so theoretically, you would have a heavier flow.
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts Yay for O!!!  :)

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree