TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL 11/20

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in The States!!!

1. Introduce yourself
2. Status?
3. Rants/Raves
4. GTKY. When do you start holiday decorating (if you decorate)? Are you minimalist or do you go all out? 

Re: TTCAL 11/20

• Options
    1. Not new, 3 losses 
    2. Ovulated super late CD23/24, but officially in my first TWW after being benched forever 
    3. No real rants, raves: I am on vacation this week, but working a little this morning to clear my inbox. Then I get to go do all fun things I want! Pedicure, target, and wander aimlessly. 
    4. We usually are pretty minimalist in that we decorate but we don't have much space for knick-knacks and things, although Home Goods convinces me I could find space :) 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• Options
    1. Not new, 2 consecutive losses (11/16 @ 9w; 07/17 @ 6w)
    2. 10 DPO. BFN today. Not stressing about it. Currently on Estrace pills prepping for the start of my IVF cycle
         next week. 
    3. I think my ubiquinol is giving me killer heartburn. I didn't notice any side effects with the ubiquinone I was on,
        but then I switched to ubiquinol and I'm pretty sure that's what's doing it to me. Maybe I should find another
        brand. Ouch!!!! 
    4. I bring a few smaller pieces out on, like, November 1st lol! Tree usually goes up around now. The season is so
        short (or feels that way because there is so much to do) that I like to enjoy it as long as possible. I'm fairly
        minimalist in terms of knick-knacks - we don't have many of those (clutter gives me anxiety), although my
        ultimate goal is a Christmas tree in every room!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1 - Not new.  I'm fresh in TWW

R/R - Just booked a gig for our quartet to play with a church on their xmas eve service which is awesome!  Also have booked 3 weddings in the last week and waiting for the paperwork to come in the mail.  I'm loving this - usually this is a little bit slower time of year for booking weddings.  No rants other than I only have 2 days before DD is on break so I gotta bust out some major cleaning.

We decorate for xmas after thanksgiving.  I just don't like the xmas tree being up for so long and we take it down shortly after new years.  We might actually do the outside lights Friday.  Its supposed to be warmer that day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @honeybeebub Fx for your first TWW with a shiny new ute. 
    @tosh24 Yuck. I usually take my CoQ10 with breakfast as I had read that helps. What brand are you using? 
    @vlagrl29 Awesome that you have so many gigs coming up!

1. Introduce yourself - Not really new, three first tri mc's, most recent ended in d&c on 11/3. 
    2. Status? ???
    3. Rants/Raves - tl;dr: If you were me would you wait to hear your RE's thoughts before trying again?
    Long story: We are scheduled for a follow-up with our RE but not until December 14. It's possible I will be able to O before that appt date (in fact, it's likely that I will but you never know, I could have an an-O cycle), and I'm having trouble deciding if we should try this cycle or not. Originally we were going to form an action plan once we got back the results from the d&c - if the embryo had been genetically "healthy" we would have tried putting me on Heparin, if not we would have moved to IVF with PGS. But the results were inconclusive so we learned nothing and we are still flying blind. From our past conversations with the RE it seems like there won't be anything additional she would recommend to do in subsequent spontaneous pregnancies (I am on baby aspirin and I use progesterone suppositories after O, plus a pile of supplements) because I don't think Heparin is something to mess around with, although I don't know that for sure. Our loose plan is to try one more spontaneous pregnancy and then move to IVF with PGS. I'm leaning towards just going ahead and trying this cycle because I honestly don't think it matters at this point what I do or don't do, it probably won't work out and I don't think there is anything additional my RE would do to help me, but maybe I'm missing something? I didn't get instructions on whether to wait for one cycle after the d&c and didn't really think to ask for them at the time. 
    4. GTKY. When do you start holiday decorating (if you decorate)? Are you minimalist or do you go all out? We will put up some lights, we have a wreath up already, and we will have a tree. We may get a fake tree this year because I'm tired of having a sad dried out tree in my living room for a month after Christmas. 
  • Options
    2. Status? CD 26 TWW - 3 DPO. 

3. Rants/Raves - Progesterone biopsy scheduled for next Monday! Final test and then off the bench (hopefully)! Personally I'm excited for a short work week and then Thanksgiving with my family.

4. GTKY. When do you start holiday decorating (if you decorate)? Are you minimalist or do you go all out? I usually do most of my decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving; however, it depends on my mood as to how much I put out. 

tosh24  Sorry for the heartburn!  Awful heartburn is no joke!

zamora_spin  That's a tough position to be in. I know we NTNP the cycle before we met with RE and when we went in to see him he asked where we were at... and when I told him he said "Do you WANT another MC?!?" I almost freaked out. NO bedside manner! However... now that I've been through what feels like a billion tests and nothing has been found, and the knowledge that 50-75% of RPL goes unexplained (and yet they say like 60-70% of us go on to eventually have a live baby after that with no medical intervention)... I'm all for "go for it!" 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    1. 3rd cycle here. Ttc since 1/17. CP 3/17. NMC 9/17.
    2. O day!!!! Unfortunately we didn't BD last night (but did the 2 days before that) but we will tonight!
    3. Rave: We're headed to missouri this week to visit my extended family. Super excited! 
    4. We go all out. It's the only holiday we decorate for so we do a lot. 2 trees, lots of lights, wreaths, etc. We decorate right after thanksgiving.

@honeybeebub enjoy your vacation!
    @tosh24 Ooooooo a tree in every room! Love it!!!

• Options
    @tosh24 - I've been taking ubiquinol twice a day - 1 with breakfast and 1 with lunch.  I get it at Costco online.  The brand is qunol plus.  No issues thus far and been taking it for about 3 months.

@zamora_spin - that's a tough one as I'm not in your shoes with the losses and possible IVF.  I don't see why trying 1 more natural cycle couldn't hurt but I'd be kinda nervous too.

• Options
    @dpjennifer I am glad you will finally be off the bench soon! Based on my conversations with my RE we have already done every test she would recommend. So, it's not like I have some thing she is going to be able to find and fix, the only possible thing she could say is to try heparin but I doubt she would say that without the info from the test on the embryo. Like you said, eventually most RPL folks will have a successful pregnancy, so I feel like we are just rolling the dice at this point to see if we can get a lucky roll before trying IVF. 
  • Options
    zamora_spin  I didn't realize you'd already done the testing! IN that case, if they've ruled out the 'easy' fixes then I say to give it a go!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Sorry for BFN @tosh24
    @dpjennifer good luck with your bx!

2. WTO CD9
    3. Meh. Got back late last night working this weekend, excited to just be home this coming weekend/holiday and get some BD. Totally blew us by that a holiday was upon us. Thanksgiving Chinese, anyone? Ha ha!
    4. Pretty minimalist. We put up a tree but only have like 4 ornaments. Didn't have a topper so we put this plastic wine bottle stopper on top the last year which is basically a stick figure man with an erection. Nothing but class over here. ;-)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    @honeybeebub I'm jealous of your pedicure!

@tosh24 yes a tree in every room if an amazing idea!

@vlagrl29  glad to hear your booking goog gigs.

@zamora_spin I'm sorry your in a tough situation... I say go with your gut. 

@dpjennifer I've got my FX that you'll be off the bench soon!

@kath525 enjoy time with your family!

@amberruka I'm dying thinking about your tree topper  :D

as as for me...

I'm in TWW 4dpo and cd 24. This TWW is going to drag on....

DH and I have our first RE appointment on the 28th, I'm excited to make the next step but still hoping I can cancel it... but chances are even if this is my month I won't know in time. I'll be 12 dpo the day of our appointment...

Im excited to put up our tree, I refuse to do it before thanksgiving though. I'm all for simplicity so not much more then the tree- but it has to be real, I love the scent!

• Options
    1. Not new, 4 early losses. Most recent was 11/13/17. Wow - only last week I guess. Ugh.
    2. WTO
    3. Rant: RE is supposed to schedule a laparoscopic surgery to see WTF is going on in and around my malfunctioning ute, but I haven't heard back about proposed dates. Rave: it's almost Turkey Day, ya'll. Stoked!
    4. I'm a minimalist, but I do like a (REAL) tree and we'll probably get one the first weekend in December. 

@amberruka LOL re your tree topper! Just last year we invested in actual ornaments for our tree. Prior to that we hurled popcorn at it, haphazardly slapped on some lights and called it good.

@jchpg I feel ya about the real tree - I just can't live without that smell!

@zamora_spin I'm in a similar, tough position trying to decide if we should prevent this cycle because at this point I can't imagine it wouldn't end in another MC if I did get pregnant. But my RE advised that trying won't hurt (except emotionally) and he sees so many RPL sufferers go on to have healthy babies that it might be worth the risk. For us, we decided we'll try for one more while I'm waiting to schedule my surgery and just see what happens.
  • Options
    @honeybeebub Home Goods is a dangerous store! 

@tosh24 I hear ya’ about feeling less stressed. I have pretty low expectations of getting a BFP naturally at this point, so the anxiety and symptom spotting has been minimal this cycle. I’m so excited that IVF is moving forward so quickly for you!!!

@zamora_spin I agree with what most of these ladies said. If they had found something with their testing that would contraindicated trying naturally it would be one thing. But it sounds like results haven’t been conclusive, so if it’s just been plain ol’ bad luck then a natural pregnancy will just be another chance for things to go right this time

@vlagrl29 Sounds like you’re gonna be very busy these next few weeks! It’s great you’re staying busy even when wedding season slows down, must mean ya’ll are awesome and word is getting out! 

@dpjennifer Here’s hoping that you get off the bench soon!!

@Kath525 Enjoy your trip to Missouri and time with family! How far of a trip is it for you? 

@amberruka Chinese for Thanksgiving dinner actually sounds perfect! Especially with how stressful cooking a big deal can be for some people! And I like your tree topper style  :D

@jchpg Even if you’re pregnant, it might be worth it to go to the RE consult. At mine they did blood work, a transvaginal ultrasound, and told me to call if I got a BFP so they could get me in right away for early monitoring. They seemed much more proactive about it than I felt like my OB Office was. 

@cassafrass15  Hopefully they’ll get you in for your surgery quickly! When I find out I need something like that done, I just want it done right away. Otherwise I dread it and overthink it! 

AFM...

1. Not New. TTC since 8/2016 NMC 11/2016, CP 7/2016
    2. TWW. 8dpo. Timing wasn’t great this cycle as I O’ed linger after my LH surge than usual, so I think we missed O-1. 
    3. Not driving myself bonkers with symptom spotting this TWW. I feel like I’ve had every possible symptom at some point over the past year and none of those times have I gotten a BFP. I’ll prolly POAS Friday, so that it won’t ruin my mood on Thanksgiving if it’s BFN. But if it is, I start Clomid on CD3 for my first IUI cycle. I am beyond ready to be trying something new! 
    4. I always want to go all out with decorations, but I spend so much time on my tree (it has to be real and every year has a color scheme that matches my wrapping paper) that when it comes to decorating the rest of my house I’m like “meh.” Also, nice Christmas decor is stupid expensive! 

• Options
    @honeybeebub target is my favorite store!
    @amberruka I love your tree topper idea! Very inventive and yes, of course classy.  I once decorated a tree in college solely with beer bottles
    @jchpg FX you get to cancel your appointment too

1. Introduce yourself not new, MC 6/17 TTC since
    2. Status? WTO CD7
    3. Rants/Raves So excited for a short week and looking forward to Thanksgiving :) Rant TW my son is sick with a viral cold thing and was up the entire night.  Hoping its gone by Thanksgiving
    4. GTKY. When do you start holiday decorating (if you decorate)? Are you minimalist or do you go all out? My husband and I have difficulties here, I'd like to keep it simple but he thinks he is St. Nick

DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    @shri929 Ugh, I wish I had your problem. My DH is freaking Scrooge. I haven't been able to get him to put up any Christmas lights in 3 years. Christmas is a one person show over here.....
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @tosh24 putting the lights up is a tough job too!!!  I'm not too into the actual decorating part but, I loveeeee coming home and turning the tree lights on.  SO cozy!
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    Not sure if AF is here or implantation bleeding... Waiting a week to test.

Super excited about decoracting this year and we are going all out! We will start this weekend since I work Thanksgiving and we both work on Friday.

In other news, things are a little stressful. My dad was diagnosed with cancer in May. Chemo and radiation did a great job. He was supposed to have surgery a while back but ended up having a heart attack. He had surgery yesterday. His blood pressure was dropping all night and most of today. The lowest it got was like 66/48. What is killing me is my family is in Maryland and I live in Arizona. It would be awesome to get a BFP in the near future but I feel like AF is about to start. Anyway that is my hormonal emotional vent... I'm off to find chocolate lol! 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Options
    @eranvo27 FX for your Dad to be better 
  • Options
    In case anyone was thinking of adding kale to a fruit smoothie don't! I've been uncomfortable for an entire day. It made me bloat so bad so I'm guessing it's hard to digest.
  • Options
    A little late but here's my updates

1. Introduce yourself. D&E 8/5/17
    2. Status? CD18 and I got a positive OPK yesterday. I'm mad at myself for not BDing the day before the positive OPK. 
    3. Rants/Raves I'm out of town with family all week and it's awesome, but DH is driving me crazy at times lol and my cats are waking us up way too early. But overall we are having a blast. Also *TW* new baby mentioned* DH's sister just had a baby and she's so adorable. I'm super excited for her, and only a little jealous lol. No angry feelings which is good! We have only facetimed so far though since she lives far away. *End TW*
    4. GTKY. When do you start holiday decorating (if you decorate)? Are you minimalist or do you go all out? I absolutely love the holidays and all the decorations, but I only do a little bit in my own home. Mainly my tree and my fireplace. I'd love DH to put up lights on our house this year though!