Infertility

December IVF anyone???

dragonette505dragonette505 member
edited November 2017 in Infertility
I saw  the Dec FET thread, but didn't see one for IVF. I'm not sure if I will be doing a cycle, but since its possible I figured I'd post this up... If I'm the lonely only I might just pop onto the FET thread for company :)

Re: December IVF anyone???

• I am! I start injections Friday and will probably have ER on 12/4 or 12/5!
  • krenee124 said:
    I am! I start injections Friday and will probably have ER on 12/4 or 12/5!
    Ah! Yay!! I’m just Estrogen priming at the moment, so I’ll be a little longer off :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @krenee124 There are a few of us over on the November IVF thread that are on the exact same timeline as you with ERs the first week of December. Pop over there and join us if you'd like!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I am!  I started injections last night and will likely have ER the first week of December sometime.  This is my first IVF cycle so I have so much anxiety about the whole process!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @jkc03003 hey great you are starting! Do you know what your protocol is?
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    I AM TOO! This is my first IVF cycle as well! Actually we went right past IUI Bc of a septate uterus and MFI(low count and 0% morph) Just waiting for AF to come, should be here around Dec 3rd then ER. I should be getting a surgery to remove the septum in late Dec/early Jan then healing so my transfer probably won’t be till March
  • You know I am here.

Hi guys! This is my first IVF. My H and I have been TTC for 18 cycles with no success. 6 of those were medicated +/- IUI cycles. We are unexplained IF. AMH is 2.08, FSH is 8.1. We are going to be on an antagonist protocol with 300 U follistim, 75 U menopur and eventually adding in ganirelix. 

@krenee124 like @tosh24 , we are all on the same timeframe- starting stims Friday, with ER around the 3rd!
  • This is my first IVF too. AF was supposed to show today but every now and again I have a 12 day LP instead of 11 day so I guess she'll make her appearance tomorrow instead. I have an FSH of 7-ish, AFC of between 26-40, and an AMH of 1.55 (which may have been artificially suppressed because I was vitamin D deficient but I haven't had it re-tested since getting my Vit D levels back to normal). Dx is unexplained. I'll be on 200 IU of Puregon and 75 of menopur. I also estrogen primed. ER should be around Dec 4-6. Doing ICSI with a plan for a fresh transfer but may freeze all if I develop OHSS (I overstimmed on my 5th IUI attempt and developed mild OHSS on only 8 days of 100 IU of Gonal F....).

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• @dragonette505 I am not sure what my protocol is called, but I'm doing Menopur and Gonal/F right now, and will add in Ganirelix later!  What about you?   I just did my second night of injections and it was much easier and smoother than the first night!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited November 2017
    This is my 1st IVF also, but will be starting meds at the end of December and stims around January 6th. Wanted to join you all as well since it'll be close timing. Plus it's nice seeing other 1st - timer IVF people to chat with :) I'll be on 1500 follistim (9-12 days), menopur, etc. AMH is 5.76, I was also Vitamin D deficient when starting medicated cycles. Labs are closed most of December, so wasn't able to start sooner. But am excited to get this show on the road finally!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited November 2017
    @ndz2018 welcome! These cycles can be so anxiety ridden whether its your first or 8th (me!)
    @kiwi2628 your numbers are so good... I’m guessing your sh’s SA is normal? 
    @tosh24 your numbers are great too!
    @kristimh80 whoa... what units Is your follistim in? Each cartridge is 900 IUs 
    @jkc03003 sounds like antagonist protocol. (In fact looks like that’s the going protocol for everyone on here now!) I’m currently estrogen priming and if I’m able to go ahead with this cycle, I’ll be on 150 follistim, 150 menopur, HGH (growth hormone ) and ganerelix. I’ll also be doing a dual trigger of lupron and HCG :)

• kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited November 2017
    @dragonette505 I actually have 900iu and 600iu on order for 9 - 12 days of stims. Had to go back and look at my order form! lol Guessing had me order more in case it's needed. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Guys is it weird that I have no clue what my protocol is?? I mean the doctor called last fri and said it go ahead for next cycle, the pharmacy called to tell me the clinic called the order in  , nurse called and AF should be arriving around Dec 3rd( Its always + Or - a few days) Maybe we’ll go over it this up coming week? 

• @ndz2018 no it’s not weird. I didn’t know on my first cycle (and even if my doc said it would have been just one more strange word in a bunch of gobbledygook. I now know looking back that it was an antagonist protocol. They will give you your doses, of course, and your’ll see your meds when they arrive. If you are curious you can just ask what your protocol is... sometimes it helps to get an idea of what’s going on. 
  • Wohoo! CD 1 today!  Just called it in and will wait for the nurse to call back with my assigned day 3. Staying on the Estrace until the day before I go in for my baseline (which I hope is Saturday).

TFAS since 2012

• @tosh24 awesome! Starting out the December group!! My doc always coasts me on estrogen an extra week into my cycle, so while AF should start for me tomorrow, it’ll be another week probably before stimming (if she lets me cycle this month) :) lucky you!!!
  • @dragonette505 I figured they were gonna explain it to me closer to Dec 1st.. thanks that makes me feel much better.

@tosh24 SWEET! Isn’t crazy how excited we get to get AF these days!?!?! 
  • OH and Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you and your families have a wonderful day!
  • Happy Thanksgiving!!!  <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Happy thanksgiving everyone!

@tosh24 we certainly do get very excited to get AF....it’s like a fresh start and a new ray of hope 
  • @bpietronicco Best of luck to you!!! <3  We are OOP too and I think that makes me the most nervous! Happy Thanksgiving! Try to relax and enjoy your day...it's going to be an exciting journey <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @bpietronicco FX!!! Sorry to hear about your loss. 
  • @bpietronicco I was wondering where you went! Yay for being close to starting! I'm super nervous too. Seems like that's a common emotion for us first-timers. Sometimes when my head starts spinning I have to remind myself to "breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth" LOL. It's going to be a looooong month..... 

TFAS since 2012

• @bpietronicco great you are getting going!

• Happy Thanksgiving y’all!!
  • Thanks everyone! @tosh24- i have been so busy that I haven’t been able to post!

so I am out of town- but before I left I made sure to get a refil on my birth control as I will need to take 4 more pills out of the new pack.  I went to take it this evening and when I opened it up there were no pills. Not sure if they were put into the prescription bag separate from the container or what but now I am freaking out that this will mess with everything and delay ya a month.  

I emailed my nurse to ask but plan on going to the pharmacy in the morning and seeing if they can help me out and fingers crossed That 12 hours doesn’t effect anything. 

• Thanks everyone! @tosh24- i have been so busy that I haven’t been able to post!

so I am out of town- but before I left I made sure to get a refil on my birth control as I will need to take 4 more pills out of the new pack.  I went to take it this evening and when I opened it up there were no pills. Not sure if they were put into the prescription bag separate from the container or what but now I am freaking out that this will mess with everything and delay ya a month.  

I emailed my nurse to ask but plan on going to the pharmacy in the morning and seeing if they can help me out and fingers crossed That 12 hours doesn’t effect anything. 

Ugh!!!!! I hope so too!!! So crazy!!
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    @kiwi2628 WOOHOO!! 
    @bpietronicco I hope it works out!!
  • kiwi2628 said:
    Guys...I start my stims tonight!!! Eek!!!
    Yay!!!! Getting the party started!!!!
  • I will be stimming in Dec and likely ER first few days in Jan. My RE does freeze all so I will be  looking at a FET sometime in Feb. Start BCP Dec 10th and will be taking those for 7-10 days (exact number will be given when I start). Saline ultrasound on Dec 12. And going from there. I have done one ivf before

**TW** back in 2015 got pregnant with twins boys, delivered them at 29 weeks and 3 months before 2nd birthday we lost one suddenly. Then got pregnant with FET and lost our little girl at 10.5 weeks due to trisomy 9 **TW**

Even though 2017 has been an awful year of loss after loss I am still ready to keep moving forward. DH and I have been working towards having more children since Dec last year and now more than ever I can't wait to hear the good news we all want. 

I will be doing PGS this time because of prior mentioned loss. I am kinda nervous about that because 2015 I had 25 eggs retrieved, 20 mature, 19 fertilized, and only 4 made it to day 5 freezing. With rates like that I am nervous not to have anything left that test ok. Dr is changing protocol to a low stimulation..ish he knows I am a slow responder so he is modifying his normal "low stimulation cycle" where he offers to cover meds with the cost of whole IVF cycle (5k). 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    History in the spoiler (child and pregnancy loss mentioned)
    IVF #1 - Jan 2015 - 25 eggs retrieved down to 4 blasts to freeze
    FET #1 - March 2015 -- BFP twin boys
    Lost one twin June 2017
    FET #2 - August 2017 -- BFP single girl
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #2 - Jan 2018 - 13 eggs retrieved down to 1 blast
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF
    FET # 4 - Unknown start date, waiting to finalize everything

• @mandurz I’m so sorry for your losses, and glad to have you cycling with us.... tw I’ve had several losses (though nothing like your loss of your son... so heartbreaking!) including 2 back to back this year. Yes 2017 has not been kind. 
    I will be freezing any I get because I will have to have surgery in a partial separate uterus (ugh!) so no transfer for me either. Anyway.... I won’t find out till next week if I will actually get to stim this month (I’m just coming off a babbling cycle so my doc has to ok my ovaries first ) :) but hopefully we will all get through December together:)

• @mandurz I’m so so sorry to hear about your losses. 
  • Thanks ladies, the loss is hard but I am trying to focus on the memories rather than the pain of the actual loss. **TW** my surviving twin son has a night time routine of  watching videos and looking at pictures of his brother before bed it's making it easier to see them as we look at them every night. I can now look at them and smile at the beautiful memories we have rather than cry from the sadness of him not being here **TW**
    @dragonette505 I hope you get good news when they check everything so you can cycle in Dec as well.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz so sorry for your loss! 
  • @mandurz I was thinking how hard it must be for your surviving twin.... as much as I adore my siblings I can’t imagine what losing a twin would be like ... poor boo boo :(
  • @dragonette505 some days seem easier for him than others. It's sad but honestly I am so thankful it happened so early if that makes sense. David has the chance to grow up not completely overwhelmed with grief, I know he feels the loss but if it had happened later on when he would understand more then I think it would be a lot harder for him. The first few days were the hardest for him for sure, he was the laid back one but always having to defend his toys or get them stolen just because the toy looked so much better because he was playing with it. In those first few days he would always look around to search for his brother when he had a toy and would actually start a whine/cry when he didn't see him. He would take a toy up to me instead. I was still in shock but tried to play as much as my brain would let me register that he needed me. These days he is more used to playing without another child and gets overly excited when his cousin is around (who is 6m older). 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz so glad you are working to complete your family, you guys certainly deserve it 

• @mandurz, I was lurking because I’m still debating stims in Dec vs Jan.... although I imagine I’m going to bypass the holidays. Anyway.

***TW***
    Just to share that I suddenly lost my almost 3 year old. Now have a 3 year old. And am about to start my second cycle. First yielded no viable embryos. If you ever want to chat... you know where to find me. I am so, so sorry for your loss.