June 2018 Moms
Options

This Is Us 11/22 *Spoilers*

What was your favorite part of the episode?

What was your least favorite part?

How do you think Kate's story and previous experiences affected how she handled the miscarriage? 

Additional thoughts?
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: This Is Us 11/22 *Spoilers*

• Options
    What was your favorite part of the episode? Probably when Kate's mom showed up. I think it was good that Rebecca shared a little bit about her loss with Kyle and how she understands what Kate is going through. Or when Tobe when to the warehouse to intercept the bath. 

What was your least favorite part? At first it was how Tobe was handling everything. I wanted him to just let Kate handle things how she needed to and if that meant going to work then just let her go to work. But I do realize that she was just trying to hide from her emotions and from Tobe so I think in the end it was good that he pushed her a little and did what he could to support her. 

How do you think Kate's story and previous experiences affected how she handled the miscarriage? I definitely could see from how she was hiding her college application from her mom that she really doesn't like to disappoint people and then she said that she felt like she let Tobe down. I also think some of that was probably caused by her mother. She was always focused on Randall and Kevin and Kate kind of got the short end of the stick. 

Additional thoughts? the way Kate talked about getting excited (or not getting excited for her), I really related to. I have been having more anxiety this week about telling people mainly because I don't want them to be excited for me and I haven't really been excited. I kind of felt like there must be something wrong with me and I don't love my child but it was good to hear her say it. Made me feel not crazy. Also MH was out of town at his parents house and his mom was watching it so he was watching it too and he texted me saying that he knows our baby is happy and healthy inside of me and that he is excited to tell his parents. It was good to have the extra reassurance and to know he was thinking of how I feel while watching it. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    toby going off on the delivery guy. DH just turned to me and said 'I like him' lol. me to dh, me to.
    also, I don't want to say it was a 'favorite' cause it was sad. but when Rebecca showed up at kate's door and she just fell in her moms arms. I fought back the tears.

that's a given.. the loss. :(

How do you think Kate's story and previous experiences affected how she handled the miscarriage? 
    I agree @krashke it all comes down to not wanting to disappoint people.

Additional thoughts? 
    so many thoughts. the loss was tough. I think I watched most of the episode holding my belly. I felt her pain as she was sitting on that doctor's table getting the news.               
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kate: "I feel l failed you."

Toby: "You didn't. You never could."

Damn it, I made it through almost the whole episode without crying until then. It was so sweet how he reacted when she finally opened up. And I also loved that Rebecca just showed up and Kate accepted her support. It was great to see her open up and nice (though sad and terrible) that her mom could give her personal experience.

Kate's reaction after the miscarriage...probably because I relate to her approach of trying to ignore/distract from the situation. I just wanted her to let herself grieve.

I agree she doesnt want to disappoint people. Along with that, I think she has a fear of failure in general that keeps her from going after her dreams (her hidden college app, putting off her singing career for so long). She was so mad/upset because she let herself go "all in" for the baby then, in her mind, failed.

Additional thoughts? Can't wait for Randall and Beth next week!