Infertility
Options

Does your body eventually adapt to the PIO?

AggieCoupleAggieCouple member
edited November 2017 in Infertility
First time I've made it to the trigger/transfer stage.  The first few days of PIO were fine, thanks to my heating pad.  I used it to heat up my bum before the shot too, which I think helped a lot.  But I had my FET yesterday, so no more heating pad for me, and last night and today have been excruciating.  Will my body eventually adapt?  I am pessimistic, since I've actually been on it for 5 days now, and apparently, once you take away the heat, my body still hates it.  Any hope down the road?  I could barely sleep last night, even with Tylenol, which I can't imagine is good for the embryo and our chances of a good implantation.

Re: Does your body eventually adapt to the PIO?

• Options
    Unfortunately not. My RE prescribed these lidocaine patches and they help tremendously for me. I put one on about 30 min before the shot and I barely feel anything. The one time I forgot them my hip was very uncomfortable for a day or two
    Melissa 39 - DH 45
    TTC # 1 - 4 years, 7 IUIs, 3 IVF, 1 FET, 2 M/C, DD 2015 :)
    TTC # 2 - IVF # 4 March 2017 Long Lupron, 150 Gonal F, 150 Menopur
                                 21R, 12M, 7F, Transferred 2 Froze 1 - BFN
                    FET # 2  May 2017 - BFN
                    IVF # 5 Sep 2017 - Antagonist, no BCP.  200 iu Follistim, 150 iu Menopur, Cetrotide started day 5, Lupron trigger
                                 19R, 13M, 12F, No Transfer - 2 "beautiful" blasts frozen
                    FET # 3 Nov 2017
  • Options
    Is it just painful as in sore? Or are you breaking out in a rash? If it's just soreness, I eventually got used to it and as I got better at doing the injections it seemed to help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Soreness. It feels like there is a ball in my glute; it hurts there but also along my leg when I try to walk. 
  • Options
    @AggieCouple some days PIO is worse than others. Are you deep massaging for a full two minutes? I'll massage if I feel knots during the day and they go away. Also, i still put a heating pad on after for about 5 minutes. 
    The best advice I got was to slightly warm up the PIO once you draw it. I place it on a warmed towel or heat pad for about 2-3 minutes, change out the needle, then inject. Hope that helps! 
  • Options
    I do the same as @coco305. Heat up the PIO a bit, massage directly after, heating pad after that. I find that I’m more sore if I don’t move a lot, like if I’m sitting for a lot of the day, so I try to go for long walks/do yoga etc on the day of the PIO. 
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Options
    A foam roller helped me in addition to heating the medicine in a warm rag before drawing it into the needle.  I would roll on that hip for a couple of minutes after the injection.  Also, alternating hips helped.  You might research about where to give the injection. Placement made it better also.  
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section