June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments - 11/20

Re: Weekly Appointments - 11/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope the appointment goes well, and it's nothing to be concerned about @dinodna3.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 i saw your ultrasound and immediately got curious if you guys have a preference on same sex or b/g? I’m debating in my head if a preference would be the same as a sex preference, but there are actual tangible differences to one or the other right? Like, same sex they’ll be able to share clothes much longer. But b/g every caregiver will be able to tell them apart  :D (obv hoping for healthy babies, yada yada) hope that’s not too personal a question.  :#
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 My preference changes pretty much daily. The only thing that really scares me is two boys. And I'm not afraid of the baby part of two boys, rather the pre-pubescent/pubescent stage of two boys. Lol! We're still Team Green and I think we'll stay that way - I want everything as gender neutral as possible, so hopefully they'll be able to share clothes even if it turns out to be boy/girl.

My only constant preference is that at least one of them has to have my red hair. I'm not confident it will happen as my husband is Spanish and I think his genes are going to overpower my poor Irish ones. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 oh man yea, DH and his brothers used to go at it. DH has so many scars from fighting with his brothers in small nyc apts lol. His mom still talks about the day she realized the boys had gotten too big for her to be able to intervene lol. 

And you might be surprised by the red hair. DH has a friend whose dad is black, mom is German. Friend looks half black but his brother looks black but with bright red hair! So anything can happen. 

Have you seen the research on red heads by the way? Apparently the same mutation that causes red hair also causes a higher tolerance to sedation meds, temperature sensitivity (or is it insensitivity?) and something else. I forget. But it’s so interesting! 
  • Options
    NT scan in 30 minutes! I'm PGAL and so nervous. 
  • Options
    @nakoehl glad to hear everything was okay!