January 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 11/22

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)?

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies! I hope you all have a wonderful day/weekend!

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 11/22

• Options

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 32 weeks, Florida Pomelo!

2) How are you feeling? I'm actually feeling great. I think it's because it's Thanksgiving week, and I have a lot to look forward to. But my heartburn during the day has been better and my lower back soreness isn't as pronounced anymore (I think I'm just used to it now). However, my sleep has completely dropped off. I have a terrible time falling asleep and staying asleep. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? Next Wednesday. 

4) How are baby preparations going? I FINALLY made progress!! This past weekend I painted all of the baseboards and door trims. Still waiting on windows, but I'm over it. I assembled the crib and put the sheets on and that made me feel so much better.  Everything has been purchased from our registries and should be arriving at some point next week. I'm feeling so much better about everything. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? So the other day I was trying to plan a day for my parents to come up to help with some things, and I realized that between now and my due date I have 1, only 1, weekend that I don't have stuff going on!! I have no idea how we got to this point, but I need to start getting stuff done during the week.  Thanks to the holidays our babies are going to be here before we know it!

6) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)? Impossible question. I'm always all about mashed potatoes and gravy, but I make that pretty frequently throughout the year. So I'll probably have to go with stuffing. But I love all the sides. Turkey is overrated.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

34 weeks (how???) my app says he's a baguette this week

2) How are you feeling? I’m doing ok. Friday and over the weekend I had some pretty severe swelling in my ankles and feet. Compression socks helped but not much. It freaked me out (it was a lot all at once) and I ended up heading in for a last minute appointment Monday so my Dr could tell me I was being paranoid. —which I admitted I thought I was but needed her to confirm it lol.

3) Any appointments this week/last? At my impromptu appointment they did some bloodwork and urine test for pre-e just in case. My bp was up slightly from last week (but still in the normal range) and the tests came back normal, but they'll re run them next week just to be sure.  

4) How are baby preparations going? Making progress! The nursery looks like he can live in it, now I just need to get the rest of the house put back together. We are hosting Christmas for my family so essentially we have to be ready for baby’s arrival in the next 3.5 weeks which is just crazy to me!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Last baby shower this weekend! Then I took 3 days off work to sort and organize everything. I also have to sort the stuff my parents brought over from their house when they moved to see what I actually want to commit to keeping forever....

6) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)? Ohhhhh.....the carbs. All the carbs. Mashed potatoes and gravy, (the only reason turkey needs to be made is to get the gravy in my opinion), dinner rolls (to soak up more of the gravy obvs), I also make Spencer’s grandma’s cinnamon rolls from scratch for the holidays (both Thanksgiving and Christmas) and they are pretty dang good if I do say so myself. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JuliaGoolia719 Glad your results came back normal!! I ended up getting that blood work done every week near the end of my last pregnancy. My BP always decided to do crazy things when I went to the doctor. But it's nice to have the peace of mind. I hope your swelling is doing better and you're more comfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maueraa07 I actually had ankles today! I think 72 hours of compression socks has helped. I was so excited to actually see my ankle bones I took a picture and sent it to my bffs and mom lol. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 32 weeks, my app says as big as a... "naked-tailed armadillo" whatever that is O_O (also says about 18", size of a pomelo, about four pounds).

2) How are you feeling? A LOT better since they prescribed me Zantac. I was eating Tums like candy and they were doing nothing at all. Before I was having acid reflux while I was sleeping. It was great having something ELSE wake me up in the night.

3) Any appointments this week/last? Last week, just the norm. Pee, weigh, BP, belly--yep you're still pregnant!

4) How are baby preparations going? Ugh, terrible! Our lease is up in January and we have a house lined up but the deal with that is my husband and his dad are supposed to remodel it. So right now it has no flooring down in any room and only living room and master bedroom is painted. I'm not even packed at this house at all. My baby shower is December 1st and I think I'll be getting a lot of the things I need. Right now I just have a bassinet, a play mat, and a few outfits.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Question: My OB (who sees me for like 3 seconds to measure my belly and ask if I'm still living) keeps ripping on me about my belly button ring. I switched to a plastic pregnancy bar (complete with cute binky charm) when I was like 10 weeks along and he keeps saying I need to take it out for "different reason than I said last time." 

What is this about? It's not migrating, I can easily remove it if they need to C-section, either by cutting it (since it's really flimsy plastic) or by twisting the ball off. I just don't get it! He said first time because of a C-section because I'll get "electrocuted." I'm a FTM so I don't know what all goes into a C-section precisely, but I don't know where electricity would come into play. Then next appointment he tells me it's gonna leave a terrible scar and it needs to come out. Uh, it's not migrating, it doesn't hurt and I know a few women who have left theirs in the whole pregnancy and had no issues with scarring. It's just so weird. Someone please explain.

6) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)? Hands down you could just feed me stuffing (hey even box kind is ok) and I'll be happy with just that :D

Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• Options
    lurking because I'm a Monday ticker change.

@jasonsgirl92 thats so weird that your dr keeps bringing that up. I don't have mine in anymore. But they made me take off all jewelry before I was induced, so I would think that they might make you take it out when you got to the hospital anyway. I obviously don't know what would happen if you weren't being induced, but even still, I don't think its necessary to take it out right now, and I don't think taking it out for 24 - 48 hours would cause it to close if you do end up having to remove it for an induction or csection.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. 34 Weeks and the size of a head of cauliflower (though I could swear he’s the size of a bus) 

2. Overall, I feel good. I get winded easily and would kill for more sleep but no major issues! 

3. Waiting for the Dr now—and then a FOR FUN 3D ultrasound at a spa later (can’t wait). 

4. Ok but we definitely need to finish up (car seat, put together double stroller number 2) next weekend. DH and I are also hitting Carters on Black Friday to buy any essentials we need. 

5. In laws, that is all... 

6. I’m a vegan but love vegan mashed potatoes and vegan pumpkin pie. Will take MANY Zantac/tums tomorrow :)
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @supercoolstephy I am totally fine with it getting taken out if I'm induced or have to have a c-section or any other scenario, but I don't understand why it's gotta come out right this second when I'm only 32 weeks  :/
    And every time I'm told something different so I am doubting my doctor at this point. I thought having a male doctor would be easier, but I'm seeing now it's not about gender.
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• Options

34 weeks, butternut squash

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good so long as I remember to eat on time. Also, I wear out easily and it pisses me off.

3) Any appointments this week/last? Saw my OB yesterday. Things are moving along fine. My doula came over today. I love her so much! Happy that DH, DS and my family got to meet her as well. I’ve known her for years but haven’t seen her in a long time. It was great to catch up.

4) How are baby preparations going? The nursery is done! I organized all of DSs clothes on Monday. Now to get a few girly things and some diapers. Pack a hospital bag, etc. Currently, training backups for work.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Getting anxious to meet her. Hoping I have the stamina I want to prep for baby AND the holidays.

Some anxiety about going into labor on my own and also hoping for an end of December birth.

6) GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish (or holiday if you don't have Thanksgiving)?

I love stuffing...with fresh cranberry sauce on top. Also my great grandmothers pumpkin chiffon pie is amazing.

• Options
    @gilsam1 I’m with you on the sour dough rolls! We love sour dough bread in my family. My aunt and uncle just sent amazing sour dough bread from Boudin San Francisco (they live there). They couldn’t come for Thanksgiving this year but certainly sent their love!
  • Options
    @jakobaby Oh my god, Boudin's clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls...Soooooo good!