February 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11.19-11.26

Re: Weekly Randoms 11.19-11.26

• We got the Chicco Keyfit30 Travel system.  A lot of our friends have it and love it.  We got the Poetic one but that is just the color.  I've played with the stroller a lot and it is easy to handle.
  • @ldawngirl What were the reasons for ruling out Graco? We had the Graco ClickConnect system for DS (still do, he’s only 16 mo) and really like it! Everything was super sturdy and affordable, and I got another Graco convertible seat when I didn’t need the infant seat portability anymore. Planning to use the same seat for this LO and get a Graco double stroller. 
    They seemed the most user-friendly in the store, but reviews of the car seat were only so-so (obviously safe as they pass standards, but don't have any extra protection that some offer) and many reviews complained about the wheels and that certain elements would stop working. 

When I started doing a bit more research, I found that other companies had a 2-year warranty vs. Graco's 1-year, so that made a difference too.

I might just be thinking about this a bit too much... :P

• Loading the player...
  • kbrinks2 said:
    I got my blood work done to check my antibodies this morning and then got my winrho shot too! 
    What is the whinrho shot?
  • Ok, someone tell me what stroller/car seat to buy! I'm so overwhelmed right now. We went shopping two weeks ago and left because we didn't know what to do. Last weekend, we went again, and I thought we had narrowed it down to two choices (both Graco), but after reading reviews, I decided both were not viable options.

Now I'm debating between the Britax B-Agile or the Chicco Bravo. I'm open to buying the stroller used to save money (and the car seat new), but with the Britax recall, I am paranoid I'll buy from someone who says they have the new adapter from Britax but they didn't. So I think we'll just buy a travel system brand new to save us the hassle.

Need advice!
    We bought a cybex stroller/ car seat duo. But I've heard good reviews about the Chicco brand. 
  • @Chawk17 the winrho (sp?) is the same as rhogam (sp?). 
    The one you have when you have the negative blood type! I live in western Canada so that could be why they call it something different! 
  • kbrinks2 said:loo
    @Chawk17 the winrho (sp?) is the same as rhogam (sp?). 
    The one you have when you have the negative blood type! I live in western Canada so that could be why they call it something different! 
    Oh! I didn't know it was called something else. 
  • There is an update on Baby Abraham.  Still praying for ya'll @meatballs37!
  • Abe took another turn for the worst. He really needs all the prayers we can muster. Also praying that @meatballs37 and her DH can find some comfort doing this time. 
  • @meatballs37 we are all thinking about you and praying for your precious baby!
  • @meatballs37 You and your family are in my thoughts. Hoping Abe pulls through this. 
  •  :'(:'(:'(  
    thinking of Baby Abraham, I cannot imagine what you guys are going through @meatballs37
  • Praying for Abe. What a family of fighters @meatballs37
  • @meatballs37 Sending all blessings and strength to Abe and your family. Much love.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @meatballs37 praying for your continued strength and that of Abe as well 
  • @meatballs37 I have no words, just lots and lots of prayers. 
  • Praying for Baby Abe and strength for you @meatballs37
  • I have no words, @meatballs37. He looks so precious. Stay strong.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Praying hard for Abe @meatballs37

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Praying so hard for Abe @meatballs37
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @meatballs37 , praying for your family.  <3
  • 3 hr GTT this morning since I failed the 1 hr last week. SO was such a nice guy and sat at the lab for 3 hrs with me watching HGTV re-runs. Won’t fund out results until Monday with the holiday closings. FX!
  • @meatballs37 my family and i are all praying for Abe. Wishing you peace and comfort today  <3
  • Not sure where to ask this, so I’m posting here haha!

I’m contemplating trying to potty train DD (2 years, 4mo) next week in hopes to save money on diapers for DS2. DS potty trained in 1 week once he was finally ready, so I’m not worried about that ( if she doesn’t get it pretty quick we will just stop and try again later). My question is have any other STM+’s done this? I’m worried about regression once the baby is here more than anything else. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Starynightsky24 You could have regression no matter her age. I've had friends who had 3 & 4 year olds who started wetting the bed and having accidents once a new baby is born. It's usually resolved quickly though. I wouldn't hold her to the same standard as your first though. She'll definitely stick with her own time schedule. :smile:

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @Starynightsky24 DD potty trained when DS1 was a month old, DS1 potty trained mid pregnancy with DS2, and DS2 potty trained about 3 months before this pregnancy. 

DS2 regressed while I was going through 1st trimester nausea a few months ago, but no one else did. His was only night wetting, so we ended up putting a diaper on him overnight.
  • This kidlet has been awake since 4 am! I think he's changed positions at least 6 times. It's like I have an alligator doing a death roll in my stomach!

Yes! I can't get over how crazy active she's been in there! 
  • I finally got a belly brace today and my back feels so much freakin better. I may never take this off 
  • This kidlet has been awake since 4 am! I think he's changed positions at least 6 times. It's like I have an alligator doing a death roll in my stomach!

I can see my belly moving.  It's like one of the alien movies.

I was trying to explain this feeling to dh..this gif is perfect. She's not kicking...its just constant turning. 
  • Not sure where to ask this, so I’m posting here haha!

I’m contemplating trying to potty train DD (2 years, 4mo) next week in hopes to save money on diapers for DS2. DS potty trained in 1 week once he was finally ready, so I’m not worried about that ( if she doesn’t get it pretty quick we will just stop and try again later). My question is have any other STM+’s done this? I’m worried about regression once the baby is here more than anything else. 
    We are currently potty training my 2.5 year old DD. She’s doing amazing but like others said, sometimes your bound for a regression. But the good news is that a regression shouldn’t last long! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Chawk17 said:
    This kidlet has been awake since 4 am! I think he's changed positions at least 6 times. It's like I have an alligator doing a death roll in my stomach!

I was trying to explain this feeling to dh..this gif is perfect. She's not kicking...its just constant turning. 
    This is perfect! It’s been so hard to explain how it feels. Because it definitely is just somersaults and not kicking!! She’s only been active that I can  feel this week so it’s all so new. But I got up to pee at 4am and then couldn’t get back to sleep for 45 minutes because she was just rolling rolling rolling. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I’ll give it shot and not worry much then. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just curious if anyone has had their legs waxed or sugared lately and did they have a reaction. I can't shave my legs anymore and I feel like I'm starting to look like Bigfoot. I wouldn't mind getting them done (I've done it myself before getting pregnant & haven't had a reaction before) but just am worried about skin sensitivity changes. Just wondering about others experiences.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @rainafire77 depends on the person and salon. Some salons won’t wax a pregnant woman or won’t in first trimester. You’re more prone to bleed or get burns or skin abrasions because your more sensitive and if the salon isn’t clean then you’re more prone to infection. It really depends on the salon and your confidence in them. Most nail salons use wax above the health department recommended temperature and would cause more harm but usually hair salons are better at following proper guidelines. 
  • @SunflowerMama428 We have a couple of day spas in town that claim to specialize in prenatal services including waxing and massages. They're just super pricey.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @rainafire77 ask about cold wax options. Usually that is used for more sensitive skin.