April 2018 Moms

Re: TW Tuesday - 11/21

• Loading the player...
  • @peppersmith22 I feel your pain. DH is slowwwwwly learning.  He "works from home" most Fridays.  Before, I used to come home to find the house a mess and him sitting on the couch watching TV.  Now, when I come home most of the time, the house is picked up.  I say "picked up" because he has no idea what "clean" means.  Since he has met me...and probably before...he has never had to clean a toilet, dust...any of that.  He thinks because the house isn't in disarray that its clean.  :(  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh @scuba_chic sounds like my DH! He doesn't "see dust" (he actually said this). He will generally do something if I ask him to. It is my dream some day he'll just look around and know what needs to be done and help out without being asked
  • My TW is to two of my coworkers. One who has to but into EVERYTHING.  I had a manager come up to me and talk to me about something I work on WEEKLY (only 4 people on the property have access to work on it) well this co-worker just jumps in saying she wants to come and learn about the changes too, even though she has never done anything with it.  Which yeah great she wants to learn something new like we all probably do but he spent pretty much the whole meeting explaining everything to her that everyone else in the room knew how to do.  So then he had to go over the changes real quick because another meeting was about to happen so I have to meet with him AGAIN to go over these changes some more because he couldn't really explain them.  She does this with everything anytime someone comes into the office I share with her asking me about doing something she butts in and tries to involve herself as well.  Its very ANNOYING
    Other co-worker is so freaking lazy.  She asked some other people some questions about stuff then forwards me both their responses to me asking me if I could look it up and verify which one is correct.  I'm just thinking you have the same access to the stuff that would give you the answer why don't you do it.  Then again she doesn't want to try on anything if it doesn't involve planning events or organizing something.  So of course I can't expect much from her.  She is actually upset that my work isn't being given to her while i'm maternity leave.  This is the same girl who I sat with 6 months showing her how to do my work and she screwed it all up because she hates that type of work and doesn't care about it.  So why in the world would I let them give it her this time.  I really wish I could just work from home while on maternity leave at least I know my stuff will done correctly.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @Mattel hell-to-the-no, tell that girl to do her own work! I can't stand that kind of behavior.
  • @Mattel, if you don't want to confront her, talk to your professor and tell them to assign you a new seat/partner because her attempts at cheating is infringing on your ability to learn.  You are paying good money for this class, and you shouldn't have it diminished by her.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ugh @Mattel that's the worst! We have someone kind of like that in my class but she's never asked me for answers, thank goodness
  • @Mattel oh my gosh! It would be one thing if you were collaborating and she picked up the slack when you needed, but that is completely unacceptable. It's shocking that she thinks someone would be okay with that behavior. She needs a reality check! 
  • @mattel That is incredibly frustrating.. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Have you tried saying anything to her? I agree with @ngolimento that something should be said to the professor at least. It's a college course and everyone should be responsible for their own actions and not use others to get ahead, especially since you are putting in the time and effort to learn from the class. If nothing else, hopefully the semester will be over soon and you don't have to deal with a similar situation in another class.
  • I think the TW is me today :( DH and I are cleaning house today for Thanksgiving. He’s been doing every bit as much as me, but I am pissed at everything he does that is different from how I do it. A clean toilet is a clean damn toilet. He has even asked a few times for details of how I want it done. Yep - it’s me today! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mattel, I agree you should bring it up. She’s not trustworthy, and you don’t want to get yourself into a situation where you’re called our for cheating or something. 

My TW is the 11th/12th grade counselor in our building. She is beyond lazy. She has been refusing to send out transcripts for our seniors unless they bring her an addressed envelope. Seriously. It’s her job to send them. We are a tiny school with 7-12th grade in the building. Transcript responsibilities were divided up between her, myself, and our gear up coordinator (who is on paternity leave now) because we knew she would be lazy. So she literally has to send them for like 25 kids! Some of them missed early acceptance/scholarship deadlines because of her. All the kids come to me frustrated and I end up doing her job, even though I have the two largest grades in the building (9th/10th) and I just finished a round of testing for both grades. 
  • @okayrunner WOW! I would encourage parents to complain because that is ridiculous.