April 2018 Moms
Options

Questions thread - 11/19

Any questions for the community this week?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Questions thread - 11/19

• Options
    My question today is what the ever loving eff this newspaper was thinking??  I took a picture because I couldn't believe anybody actually approved it to be printed.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ngolimento - Yeah, surprised to see that was published. Wow. Maybe it’s a sentimental reprint from 50 years ago  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    g_amoss said:
    @ngolimento - Yeah, surprised to see that was published. Wow. Maybe it’s a sentimental reprint from 50 years ago  :/
    It's so disgusting, I can't  even imagine it was in good taste 50 years ago.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ngolimento oh my god. That is literally unbelievable. I know the issue is a very tricky one to cover even when you try to do it sensitively - I noticed the Thanksgiving Sesame Street episode referenced the Pilgrims repeatedly but made no mention of the Native Americans, presumably because a) they didn't want to perpetuate an oversimplified and in ways false narrative and b) it's only a 30 minute episode. Anyway, I've been struggling with how to talk to my 5 year old about what she's been told at school (traditional everyone sang kumbaya story) but this is just appalling. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ultrasound finding question - anyone been told that the baby has a focus on the heart? The doctor told me it's a common thing in 3% of babies but that doesn't sound all that common to me
  • Options
    @peppersmith22 I haven’t had this experience personally but I do believe it does not affect fetal heart function. 

Is anyone one else dealing with the loud wooshing/heartbeat sound in their ears? I know it’s normal but it’s so freaking annoying. I can’t drown it out. 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• Options
    @peppersmith22 here you go:
    https://radiopaedia.org/articles/echogenic-intracardiac-focus
    https://www.obgyn.net/obgyn-ultrasound/echogenic-intracardiac-foci

It seems like it's one of those findings that usually mean nothing, but in a small percentage of babies can be associated with a couple of the trisomies. If your doctor isn't worried, then I wouldn't worry. My baby has echogenic bowel, but no other signs of issues (and a normal NIPT, NT, not a CF carrier, yadda yadda yadda), so it's most likely nothing. For me they're just going to do a repeat ultrasound in a couple weeks to make sure he's growing appropriately and to monitor the spot on his bowel. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @mattel YES. It just started a couple days ago, and I'm pretty sure it's due to congestion because my ears keep popping when I blow my nose. Annoying as hell.

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    Thank you @stassischroeder ! Those articles are great - I feel better. 
  • Options
    @mattel YES. It just started a couple days ago, and I'm pretty sure it's due to congestion because my ears keep popping when I blow my nose. Annoying as hell.
    I posted about this the other day! It started about a week ago for me. I typically only notice it when I am laying down but sometimes it lasts for 15-20 minuets after I get up in the morning. I asked one of the doctors at work about it and he checked my nose, ears and mouth. He didn’t see anything concerning so I was planning to mention it to my OB next week. 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 @stassischroeder I haven’t asked OB about it yet but I’ve read a lot that said it’s a totally normal occurrence that happens due to increased fluid volume. What I’ve read said it commonly starts around 18-20 weeks and what you’re hearing is actually the blood that’s being pumped up your neck to your brain. For me it’s also worse at night but sometimes it will happen well before bed and last for over an hour. I wish I could drown it out somehow. 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!