December 2017 Moms

Due Date Check-in (EDD 12/1-12/9) -- Week of 11/20

I saw this format on some of the other BMBs and it seems like it would be fun to check in with a different batch of ladies, at the same week as you, as we get to the end.  Not trying to replace ticker changes!  (I love celebrating my week changeover too!) 

If you like the idea maybe you can start one for your week?  I think these would be:
Dec. 1-9 -- roughly the first week of December
Dec. 10-16 -- 2nd week
Dec. 17-23 -- 3rd week
Dec. 24-31 -- 4th week

For the ladies due December 1 - December 9:

What's your EDD? 

This week we can finally say, "Two weeks left!"  How are you feeling about that? 

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list?  Or are you feeling pretty prepared?

What does your appointment this week look like (I think we're all going weekly now)?  Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc?

Rants/Raves?

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans?  Have you or your family made changes this year to accommodate your pregnancy?

Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
TTC #1 June 2015
April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
June 2016 - HSG clear
*TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
DS - 12/9/17 
<3 
TTC #2 December 2018 
BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
DD - 11/1/19 <3
My Chart

Re: Due Date Check-in (EDD 12/1-12/9) -- Week of 11/20

• Loading the player...
  • @Marley629 - setting up those pack and plays are no joke! DH is an engineer and struggled mightily with it. We're novices, but it took the better part of a couple hours to assemble the entire thing. I hope you have better luck than we did! 
  • @rebeckyjoy haha I remember wanting it to throw it out the window when I set up DS1.  We couldn't get the diaper changing part figured out so we gave up on it and went without hahaha I was hoping they had gotten easier over the years lol 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• What's your EDD? 
    December 5th

This week we can finally say, "Two weeks left!"  How are you feeling about that? 
     I am a little excited,a lot nervous. DH is ready for him to come out or in his words " let's get this over with already"

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list?  Or are you feeling pretty prepared?
    Still have to set everything up in the nursery,my mil is coming from Illinois with it all the day after Thanksgiving.

What does your appointment this week look like (I think we're all going weekly now)?  Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc?
    Hopefully will be checked for dilation and talk about the birthing plan.

Rants/Raves?
    It is so difficult around here to find a pediatrician all I kept getting when I called was "we can't do anything until the baby is born really" none of them even offered to let us meet them.

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans?  Have you or your family made changes this year to accommodate your pregnancy? Probably just going to stay at the house unless I feel fine then we might go visiting,but my DH's aunt has a Christmas party on the 3rd we are definitely not going to this year.
  • whiskawhiska member
    edited November 2017
    @rebeckyjoy Glad you were able to get more done on the nursery and feel more prepared!  Also, sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving.  Holiday or no, I definitely understand that relaxing after a work day is a must at this point.

@Marley629 Totally feel you on the Christmas stress!  And I know you want to make sure DS gets the full experience despite this major change that's about to come to your household -- he's so lucky to have you for a mom!

@collectiveliving I have become totally hung up on my due date :grimace:  I would love love to go on that date if I could, but I know it's normal (and kind of expected for FTMs) to go over!  Fx LO is down!

@djd0404 Omg I can barely sleep for more than 5-6 hours anymore because my hips start hurting so badly.  I'm really ready to be done with the side sleeping too! So jealous of your rave -- I would love to be done working already (mostly for the aforementioned sleep issues!)  I hope Thanksgiving goes well and it's equal parts relaxing but also includes those things that are special to you.  I'm in total agreement; it's important to me but there's also only so much I can do or how much energy I have this year, so I've scaled back in what I'm making.  Luckily we have these little turkeys to be thankful for!  (Yes I know that was cheesy af :lol:)

@casace I like your attitude!  I hadn't packed my hospital bag because I was afraid of jinxing myself and/or it sitting unused for too long, but yeah, maybe I do need to let the universe know we're ready :blush:

@babybison We just bought a new car and I looked at H like, what if my water breaks on the new seats and ruins them? He couldn't answer for a solid minute lol.  Maybe we'll throw a towel in the car!  The stairs in our house are also starting to make me nervous (context, I fell down a full flight of stairs when I was 6 so they've always made me nervous if I think too much about it), like thinking of carrying an infant down them in my arms.... eeek.  Guess I just go slow and make sure the lights are on.  Glad you were able to add something that makes you feel more reassured!

@blueskies17 Ugh, I'm sorry about your ILs.  I got that same line about excitement when I was trying to explain to my ILs that we wouldn't want anyone to come and stay after baby is here.  Just remember that their excitement does not trump your comfort (and hey, you're excited too!!!)  I hope your H can see that it's not rude to tell them to wait, and that it is rude for them (and him) to push their agenda when you're the new mom recovering from a medical event and getting to know a whole new person.  Maybe we do feel bad putting a damper on their excitement, but it is absolutely not rude to do so.  

@cmillar36 You're having a baby in TWO DAYS!!!!!  So excited for you!  I hope it's a completely smooth and uneventful cs, and you get in lots of snuggles while Black Friday shopping from your bed :blush:

@dkizz82 I am not a STM, but for some reason your concerns for your daughter make me kind of wistful.  My H is the first-born, and if anything is true, his entire life his mom has brought up memories from when it was just the two of them (Like, "that was when we went to the garden show, before [sister] was here").  She'll know from you that you guys were buddies and had some time where it was just the two of you, as you tell her stories about this time.  And she'll have photos, and knowing that it was so important to her mom will make it almost better than remembering it herself :heart:

@PoeMasque Aggghhh I would be stressed about that project too!  Our washer broke a few weeks ago; they did a minor repair to where it's usable but risky and now we're like, ummmm, I guess we keep using it until the bottom falls out?  On the other hand H is leaning toward taking advantage of Black Friday deals while they're available.  I'm just really hoping this doesn't come back to bite us, and I'm in the middle of a clothing or cloth diaper crisis and we need a washer asap :lol:  I hope your contractor can come through for you and finish before LO arrives!

ETA @thunderbunnyhunny That's exciting that you'll get to work on the nursery Friday!  The pediatrician thing is weird, but for my part I didn't want to bother with doing a meet and greet.  We got a bunch of recommendations and I just picked one; I figure if we don't like the doctor(s) or the office we can try another.  I've also heard of people having great meet and greets, but when it came time to handle their baby's special issues their doctors were not helpful... so you just never know.  I hope whoever you do find ends up being a good fit for you and baby though!

What's your EDD? 
    12/7 (37+5 today)

I'm so ready for the next two weeks to go quickly!  I mean, I am not at all prepared for childbirth.  Don't know what's going to happen there or how that's going to go :lol:  But I need this baby safe and out and in my arms.

We have a lot :grimace:  The most pressing are probably washing some of baby's clothes (like the take-home outfit) and blankets, and packing our hospital bag.  If you had asked me at 10 weeks if I would have my bag ready at 38 weeks I would have been like, "Totally!  That's go time!"  But living it has been so different.  I don't feel very close at all.  I really think that getting past Thanksgiving will make it seem more real, since throughout this whole pregnancy in my mind it's been: Christmastime = baby lol.

I think this week is a regular check-up, just the doppler and "any questions?"  The two things I want to bring up are 1) this sinus congestion I've had for 5 weeks.  I know that pregnancy can inflame and get everything swollen in different places so I've been trying to ride it out, but I can barely breathe some nights while sleeping.  That can't be good for me or baby.  2) Nursing.  I've had little to no breast changes so I'm worried that nursing is not going to work for me.  Ladies here have reassured me that it might not have any bearing on whether I can nurse, but I still want to hear what the doc has to say.  

Rants/Raves?
    Rave: We had people over for dinner to our place for the first time with this group of friends, and it went really well!  I was just totally exhausted though with incredibly tender feet Sunday and didn't feel like doing anything.  

Rant: H is still reticent about putting up Christmas stuff.  I can't carry our storage totes down from the attic myself so I'm basically beholden to whatever he wants to do, grumble, grumble, grumble.  

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans?  Have you or your family made changes this year to accommodate your pregnancy?
    We usually drive 3 hours to a tiny town and spend Wednesday-Sunday with H's mom's family, but I knew as soon as I figured out the due date that was not going to work this year.  So it's going to be weird, this is the first time we're not with family at Thanksgiving.  H is pretty bummed. We are doing a Friendsgiving potluck Thursday night with close friends so that will be nice. I'm jazzed about being able to go out on Black Friday this year (tiny town has a Kohl's and that's it, plus I usually do a big brunch for his entire family, 20+ people, Friday morning so I haven't been Black Friday shopping in years).  
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

•  What's your EDD?

12/07

I was 41+ with my other two, so I think I have more than 2 weeks left. Which is good because I still have a lot to do, including Christmas shopping.

I need to find my boppy and the cushion for our swing. Also need to figure out what the heck we are all wearing for family newborn pics, because I don't want to worry about it later.

Sono/NST tomorrow. I just found out I tested GBS+ so I need to talk about that. I want to go natural and I had a precipitous labor last time - like, didn't even have time to get checked in - so I am worried.

Rants/Raves?

Rave: My parents came this weekend and my mom cleaned my house. It was awesome.

Rants: My normally awesome DH has been sitting on his ass watching football all the time lately when we still have a lot to do and I am getting pissed. Also this whole GBS thing.

Catered dinner for the 4 of us from Whole Foods so we can just chill all day. I want as much relaxation time between now and when the baby gets here. We alternate between a giant Friendsgiving and our families, but I dont want to be several hours drive from home and this year all the friends are doing different stuff.
  • @whiska I completely hear you on the breastfeeding worries... even though I've also read plenty about a lack of size change or leakage not being indicative of any issues, it still tweaks me out a little that they're not preparing themselves in an obvious way.

Hope you enjoy your Friendsgiving & Black Friday shopping! (And btw, I love the cheesiness of the sentiment, these babies really are our greatest gifts this holiday season!)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Marley629 said:
    @rebeckyjoy haha I remember wanting it to throw it out the window when I set up DS1.  We couldn't get the diaper changing part figured out so we gave up on it and went without hahaha I was hoping they had gotten easier over the years lol 
    I am such a patient person usually. DH isn’t. We both cuss EVERY TIME we out that damn thing up and down. But my mom had a Graco one and it was easier so I got rid of the one we had and bought a Graco one. I tested it out when I bought it this summer and it was easier. Still a pain, but easier. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh @whiska You made me cry at work. Thank you for your words of encouragement.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What's your EDD? 
    12/2

I was told I'm at 4cm and been having contractions on and off since Saturday (11/18) so just ready to meet my little guy.

I feel pretty prepared other than some minor holder cleaning.

Hoping my director will strip my membranes to help speed things along

Rants/Raves?

My whole body hurts!!!!!

We committed to hosting for friends so idk how this is gonna go
  • @whiska I’m assuming I should participate here since my original EDD was Dec 5th? I don’t see any thread for the D17’s who’s are now delivering sooner then expected lol. Or I can create one for the last week of Nov? What does everyone think? @Marley629 @MJDsquared @failuretofly
  • @ShyTonia Thats a valid question considering if we want to continue these going forward after babies are born, development and stuff will be different based on due date vs birth date... I don't know! I'm curious to see what others think!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • What's your EDD? - I am actually due 12/26, but induction is scheduled for week of December 4 due to high BP- not sure if I should participate here or in Week 4. 

This week we can finally say, "Two weeks left!"  How are you feeling about that?  Mixed feelings.  I am so excited to meet baby and selfishly happy that I'll be home for Christmas now- but I am a bit worried about only having two more weeks left when I was expecting five more weeks.  I just want baby to cook as long as possible. 

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list?  Or are you feeling pretty prepared? We are feeling pretty prepared.  We had a scare a week and a half ago where we thought baby was coming, so that motivated us to get everything done just in case. 

I go every week for NST, visit with my OB, and blood work (checking levels due to high BP and watching for Pre-E)

Rants/Raves? Rave- I was on strict bed rest last week and weekend and my friends and family really were wonderful.  We had meals brought to us and my mom took the week off work to help with my daughter.  I am not good at asking for help, so this was great!

GTKY: What are your Thanksgiving plans?  Have you or your family made changes this year to accommodate your pregnancy? We are hosting my family (parents, siblings and significant others).  I am having my parents and brother bring a few things just because I am supposed to be taking it easy, but I am excited to cook for everyone and get together with everyone before baby comes.  I LOVE Thanksgiving! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ShyTonia There are enough of you who delivered early (or will be) that if you wanted to you could totally start a new check-in!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • EDD
    12/9

It feels so soon! I am a little freaked out. See below about the induction talk...I want baby to stay safe and will listen to the doctors and labor when needed, but i am not excited about the idea of induction and would like to make it to December if I can. 

The biggest thing is to wrap up a project for work, if I can. It would be great to have it done, but not too bad if I have to pass it off incomplete.

For the last two weeks, we’ve had NSTs & amniotic fluid checks at the doctor’s office—those checks have not gone perfectly, so they have sent us to the hospital for prolonged checks / rechecks and possible induction. At the hospital, everything is perfect and average so we get sent home. It’s a huge, weird roller coaster and so stressful. Next week, we’re starting out at the hospital for the tests, so hopefully it won’t be as crazy. 

Rants/Raves?
    My husband has been great and we make a great team. I am really looking forward to seeing him be a dad.
    also, my mom came to visit for a week and we got the nursery 95% done, including child proofing etc.

Usually we take a whole week and go to Wisconsin for deer hunting and my family’s huge gathering; it’s an 8 hour drive. That was off the table this year, obviously. DH has family closer, but still 90mins from our home/hospital, so we’re going to stay home and he’s going to make a turkey dinner. Nice & quiet!
  • What's your EDD? 
    I am also 12/7 like some of the other lovely ladies here!

This completely freaks me out. I keep trying to recalculate how many days are left and they keep becoming less rather than more!

Honestly, I think it's all set! Minus all the things I don't realize aren't done yet haha!

Due to the holiday (I usually go in on Thursdays) I have to wait an extra three days to go in. Also since they are closed for two days it means they have to squeeze everyone in on Monday, so I can only see an NP whom I don't know. I just feel this late in the game I want to talk to my dr! Really all my appointments are though are the standard weight, BP, and cervical exam. There have been zero changes over the last two weeks, so I don't expect much this week. Just starting to have some concerns about baby coming late and baby getting too big to deliver vaginally (I am only 5'0"). 

Rants/Raves?
    Rants- becoming increasingly uncomfortable and can hardly stand without getting back pain! 
    Rave- I think things are finally starting to hit DH more and more that the time is coming. He is talking more about the baby and helping to prepare for baby's arrival!

My close family all lives within about 10 minutes of each other. We will get together for dinner, but are doing light snacks this year instead of a large meal. This will make it easier on everyone. There really are no changes for me, except DH and I will not feel pressured to stick around forever if I don't feel up to it. 

• What's your EDD? 
    Dec 9th! 

Now that we finally have a home to home birth in and things are lining up - I am VERY excited! I still have a few things to get ready as far as supplies for my birthing kit and other details, but the big stuff is taken care of (phew!)

Um...we are moving into a new place in the next week or so - so, yea.. hopefully baby stays put til then. Otherwise, just feeling the normal level of unpreparedness, I guess haha

Next midwife appt is scheduled for Monday - I don't think anything special is happening then, just the usual "how are you feeling?" and making sure LO is till head down  :)

Rants/Raves?
    Rave: baby is almost here! OMG it feels like I've been pregnant for 5 years LOL
    Rant: Why does my sucky job not have even an iota of maternity leave help?! I'm a little nervous about having such a large drop in income - what a damper on such a joyous time... #BooWork

We actually don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so not much changed in that department :)

• What's your EDD? 
    Dec 3

So excited! I'm ready to meet this little guy. I've also really enjoyed being pregnant so I've actually been thinking about what I'll miss...feeling him move and kick is pretty incredible.

Pretty prepared! I've started reaching out to newborn photographers but otherwise we're all set. My work transition plan is done as of yesterday (finally), nursery is ready, etc. I will probably start working from home this week, just to start easing myself out of the office environment. My job is pretty stressful and fast-paced and it will be nice to be able to settle into a more relaxed headspace before baby comes. I also need to print off copies of our birth plan to bring with us to the hospital.

My next appt with my OB is Wednesday - last week baby was head down and definitely dropped pretty far down, but I wasn't dilated at all. Although, my OB told me that doesn't necessarily mean anything & I could still go at any time. So this week will probably be just another quick check.

Rants/Raves?
    Rave: Husband and I had a great meeting with our doula last week to talk through some of the details of the big day, and now I'm even more excited. I'm fully prepared for all of our plans to go to he** but I know that whatever happens, we'll be able to roll with it.
    Rant: I'm a director at work and oversee a couple of different teams, so a lot of things end up getting funneled through me. My goal was to get everyone to pretend I wasn't there for the last 3 weeks - that way if there are any gaps in process or communication we figure it out before I'm actually out. This has not gone so well. Instead it almost feels like people are leaning on me more while they still can, calling me about the most random things and stopping by 8,000 times a day, ironically making it harder to finish my transition plan.

Drove 20 minutes to my IL's and ate all the food :)