March 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change (11/18-11/19)

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
2) How are you feeling? 
3) Any appointments this week? 
4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
5) GTKY: What's your favorite Thanksgiving tradition/memory?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change (11/18-11/19)

• Options
    @cford08 you have a PM.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DDRRT1982 thanks girl.... now to find my PMs....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    25 weeks, a prairie dog or cauliflower 
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Pretty bad, and like a broken record for saying so :| sooooo glassy all of the sudden and newly achy in general. 
    I have an OB appointment on Monday, and a 3 hour glucose test on Tuesday, my OB said it is just a formality, I was 1 point under the cut off to just diagnose from the 1 hour, I want to get this part over with so I can start managing things better.
    I am getting so impatient! Aside from feeling ill all the time,I am so ready to meet my little friend! We are making good progress on the baby ‘s room, which is super satisfying, although I wish I could say I were helping with it more than I am. Luckily my husband really does love painting.
    i
    have always loved thanksgiving, I am blanking on anything at the moment I get than I love eating and drinking and the people I spend it with. Sober with gestational diabetes is not entirely my favorite, but I still love the people I will spend it with ;) 

@tawnsy I so hope you feel better soon, I haven’t been depressed lately, but it has been an issue for me off and on since I was14 and I so know how hard it can be. Try not to be afraid to ask for help if you need to, even if it feels silly.

• Options
    23 weeks - a grapefruit!

2) How are you feeling? 
    I had strep throats earlier, so I felt like hot garbage for a few days. I'm feeling much better now, just the usual can't always get comfortable sleeping.

Nothing this week.

Am I the only one who hasn't started the nursery or bought anything for baby yet? I've been trying to get the rest of our house settled in first, but I think we're rapidly running out of time to get going on the nursery! I'm also hoping there are some good deals on the big baby stuff this Friday, so I've been holding off on buying anything yet.

I just love all the food and family! I also love shopping on Friday (I don't go crazy and wait in lines overnight, but I love getting good deals!) and watching the Ohio State vs Michigan game on Saturday. So I pretty much just love the whole long weekend! 

@cford08 I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow--keep us posted!

@tawnsy I second what others have said, and I think it's worth mentioning how you're feeling to your doctor. I hope you get to feeling more like yourself soon!

@leilaquinn I hope they give you some good info about GD so that you're able to deal with it well. That is a huge bummer about finding out right before thanksgiving though. I'm sorry :(
  • Options
    25 weeks! Baby is the size of a head of cauliflower or a baseball glove.

2) How are you feeling? 
    Overall I really can't complain. Some aches and pains but nothing too bad.

Nope, just had my 24 week last week. I go in 3 weeks for my glucose test. 

Not necessarily pregnancy related but my 2.5 year old left with my in laws yesterday to visit family in Mississippi until Friday.  :'(  It's the longest we've ever been apart and I miss him already. Ugh.

Pumpkin pie, lol. And just being around tons of family.

@cford08 I'm so jealous of a Krispy kreme thanksgiving in Japan! That sounds amazing. Japan's on my bucket list.

@tawnsy I'll be an echo chamber and say that I'd bring it up with your doctor. Prenatal anxiety or depression can be a huge marker for postpartum depression, so it's something you'll probably want to have monitored. 

@leilaquinn That stinks about the GD, but hopefully you'll start feeling better once it's under control.  <3

@stlbuckeye132 we haven't started the nursery either and I'm starting to panic a little. We have to get DS moved into a big boy bed in the current guest bedroom so that his current room can be for the baby. It all just sounds like so much work, hahaha.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @tawnsy I'm proud of you for recognizing the signs of depression in yourself. Not everyone's as self-aware. In addition to talking to your HC provider, there is a March 18 mental health check in board. I feel like it's nice to have someone else that's going through the same journey as you  <3

@ashleyf911 I will be using "echo chamber " in some part of conversation this week lol thank you for that

@stlbuckeye132 you are not alone girl. My brother is living in what will be the nursery. But tbh, I haven't made any moves towards decorating his nursery other than picking a theme. Fx baby boy stays in until after I stop working when I plan to get most of it done.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    amylonghornamylonghorn member
    edited November 2017
    22 weeks today - coconut!!

2) How are you feeling? 
    Well based on my sh*tastic day yesterday I would say my horomones are pretty outta control. And I have had allergy congestion for over a week now and I can't seem to kick it. Trying to rest some more today, but I need to sign up for insurance benefits but I'd rather decorate my mantle for Christmas.

Nope - had an endocrinologist appt last week and it went well.

I think I'm good for this week.

My dad is the one who would always cook Thanksgiving dinner. He uses a family recipe for green bean casserole where we add bean sprouts and water chestnuts...it's so good and I make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year.

Edited bc apparently words are hard.
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  22 weeks, the size of a coconut!

2) How are you feeling?  Getting lower back pain on and off, and occasionally having difficulties drinking enough water in a day. My body likes to remind me with leg spasms at night if I don't drink enough during the day. :(

3) Any appointments this week? Yup, had my OB followup on Monday - she said baby's scan was good, but I'm still gaining more weight than they recommend even after eating healthier. She says it looks like baby and I are filling out appropriately as both my fundal height and baby are measuring about a week ahead. However, she does want me to try and exercise more to see if it makes a difference, and suggested swimming. Guess I'm going to the YMCA during lunch to ask about membership costs.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? My Rant is my mom again. I had her give me all of my nephew's old bottles so I can go through and pick out a few to use, and told her that I was replacing all the nipples. She freaked, and said "They're still good!" Meanwhile most of them are discolored and over 4 years old. Yeahh.....no - I'm replacing the nipples and registering for a few bottles while I'm at it.

5) GTKY: What's your favorite Thanksgiving tradition/memory? There was once a time were my Dad's family was all cool with each other and we all would have Thanksgiving at either my Dad's place or my Aunt's place. So my favorite memory would be the last Thanksgiving we all had together before everyone went their separate ways in life. I can't even invite my Dad's side of the family to my wedding because it'll be nothing but conflict - and my Dad will the be the one instigating.... :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    @SoraLk that sucks about your Dad's family. I wish for just a day everybody could get along for your sake....

update on my cervical length, it actually measured longer yesterday than it did 2 weeks ago. MFM thinks I may have been having a contraction while it was being measured 2 weeks ago. So me and baby boy make it another two weeks!!
    Pregnancy Ticker