Infertility
Options

New here; hi everybody (loss mentioned)

Hi everyone,
    I have read message boards along the way on this journey, and now I feel like I really could use the support of a community. I also feel like it's been a long road and I would love to reach out to give encouragement and support to others that have gone through the same thing. Along the way, I have had a few friends that have experienced infertility, but none that are contemplating or doing IVF. 
   I'm 30. My husband and I have had been trying for 22 cycles. We have a diagnosis of unexplained. Seven months in to trying on our own, we got an early BFP at 10dpo, but miscarried at just 6 weeks. We thought for sure it would just happen for us after that. How could it not, since it already happened once, right?
  After a year of trying, I had an HSG and DH had a semen analysis with very low volume, but good count. Besides that, everything was normal. We started doing IUI this summer and did 6 failed cycles. Each time everything looked perfect and the sperm count was excellent. Just got the news today that the 6th, and last IUI failed. Looking back on it now, I can't believe we did that many. It seems like such a waste, especially since I'm a third grade teacher and could have done IVF during the summer when I wasn't working. We just switched doctors, since ours retired. We are moving on to IVF in January. I just set the date for starting stems today: January 2nd. Hopefully 2018 will be better than 2017! Any encouragement or advice you have for someone trying to cope with moving on to IVF is welcome! Thanks!
me: 30   dh: 31
dx: unexplained
TTC since May 2016
MC November 2016
Summer 2017, started IUI
IUI #1 - natural, BFN
IUI #2 - clomid + trigger, BFN
IUI #3 - femara + trigger, BFN
IUI #4-6 - femara + follistim, BFN
IVF #1 January 2018: 11 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 1 transferred day 5, 1 frozen embryo
5dt Jan. 18, BFP 9dpt, EDD 10/6/18

Re: New here; hi everybody (loss mentioned)

• Options
    Welcome! Sorry you have to be here, but it really is an incredible support to have others who understand. 

My story is really similar- I’m 31 and we’ve been trying for 23 cycles! *TW* We also had an early mc last year and figured it would happen sooner rather than later for us. *end TW* After that, we did 6 months of clomid, then injectables with IUI for 3 unsuccessful cycles before deciding to start IVF. This is our first IVF cycle (just had the retrieval and am having a fresh transfer this week). I know exactly what you mean about feeling like you wasted time on the IUIs- I felt the same way about 6 months of clomid, and I’m also a teacher so I thought why didn’t I move on sooner and do this in the summer?? Now I’m trying to juggle school and IVF, and it’s not the easiest thing in the world. But the bottom line is hind sight is 20/20 - I was really hoping it would work without having to do IVF so I just kept putting it off. I’m sure you thought the same!

Anyway, it’s great that you have a plan to start in January. You’re on the right track. :smile: I hope 2018 brings you lots of luck! And we’re here for support in the meantime!
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome! So nice to hear from a fellow teacher! How did it go with managing the ultrasound, blood work and egg retrieval with your teacher schedule?
    It already feels great to connect with others going through this!
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN
    IVF #1 January 2018: 11 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 1 transferred day 5, 1 frozen embryo

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For the most part I’ve been really lucky with timing! I’ve been able to get a lot of 6:30 appointments for blood work/ultrasound, which gets me to school as the 1st period bell rings! I’ve had to ask to be an hour late or leave an hour early sometimes. And they’re pretty good about that. I haven’t even told them I’m going through this- I just say I have an appointment. I’m sure at this point they’re wondering what’s going on with me. They probably assume I’m pregnant ha! I took a sick day for the retrieval. You absolutely cannot go back to work that day. But I was fine the next day. I may have to take off again (or a half day depending on timing of my appointment) for the transfer. Definitely not ideal but it is what it is! You can’t help it!
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Options

Welcome @efavell02!  I’m sorry that life has brought you hear but these gals are a great support and community so you are in good hands.  Starting IVF is a big leap and can be a little intimidating but its also an exciting one.  We are hear to support you :)  I hope 2018 is brings you lots of joy.  

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Options
    Thanks @2MomsHoping!!
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN

• Options
    Hey, this is pretty similar to my situation. We tried for a while, got pregnant, lost it around 8 weeks, had 3 CPs before seeking help. My insurance company had me do 6 IUIs. All failed, but the last ended in a CP. I was approved for IVF after that and had a successful pregnancy! Keep your chin up! 
  • Options

Hi, dear. Nice to meet you here. Thank you for sharing your story. It is really sad but I believe that you are strong enough to find the solution. I also couldn’t get pregnant for a long time. I’ve gone through lots of medical treatments but nothing helped. I was pregnant twice, but not for a long time. I had two MCs. It was really awful. That’s why I know what you are talking about. Loosing kids is the worst thing in the world. I appreciate my DH that he assured me to try the IVF. It helped me to get pregnant and to deliver a healthy baby. That’s why I think you made a right choice. Unfortunately, IVF doesn’t work in 100% of cases. But your chances to get pregnant are pretty high. Just try to stay positive. It is very important to believe in positive result.

During my treatments I met a lot of women like you and me. They all were trying to conceive with no success. I just don’t understand why is it happening to us? As for me women have to give birth. This is our main task. I have always been eating healthy food and going to the gym. Anyway, it’s not fair.

I hope you have chosen a good clinic to start your IVF treatment. It is very important to choose a high quality medical center with good doctors. You have to trust your doctor completely.

I wish you to become a mother as soon as possible. It is such a great feeling. I can’t imagine my life without my baby. Let us know how the things are going, dear.

• Options
    Welcome! I’m sorry you had such a long road. It’s a long draining process. Hopefully this is a good ivf cycle for you.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Hello there deary. I am really sorry to hear your story. I wish to give you a warm welcome here. Even though I am a new user just like you... 

Your story is terrifyingly beautiful... I cannot find the words to explain how it made me feel reading it. it was like a rollercoaster of emotions. First of all you have been through a lot. Life has been super unfair to you. I am really, really sorry about that. However there is nothing we can do about it... At the other hand you are one hell of a human being. You are like a huge warrior my friend. I love the way you are dealing with this whole thing. It seems that there is no giving up for you! I am sure that you will succeed on day! You already have been through enough... I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart wish nothing but the best for you!