February 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 11/17

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: what is your favorite Thanksgiving or Holiday food that you are most looking forward to?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 11/17

• ) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    27 weeks, lettuce.  Last week of trimester

Maybe getting a cold, or just stuffy. Otherwise nothing.

Nope not until the 28th

Nope :)

5) GTKY: what is your favorite Thanksgiving or Holiday food that you are most looking forward to?
    Fruit salad.
  • 1) 27 weeks and the size of lettuce (still can't believe we are heading into the 3rd trimester in a week!) 

2) @Chawk17 I also have a cold! Stuffed up and coughing lots! I've be been sore and tired but doing really well! 

3) I finally met my OB yesterday! He was an hour and 15 minutes behind but he was super nice and caring! He spent extra time explaining everything! 
    We had been monitoring cysts found on the baby's brain and he is very confident that the anatomy scan shows no other indicators of Trisomy 18 so the cysts should resolve on their own! It was reassuring to hear! 
    He has also cleared me to attempt a VBAC and actually encouraged it! So that was nice to hear! 

4) nothing 

5) Any holiday desserts!!! Mainly my moms cherry cheesecake!!! Mmmmm
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) 28 weeks- a large eggplant or chihuahua!
    2) feeling dizzy recently , which is new. Preparing myself for new symptoms as I move into 3rd tri!
    3) not until next week
    4) question- I'm trying to stay active through this pregnancy but with the cold weather moving in , I just want to be cozy on the couch. Anyone have recommendations for workouts on YouTube or DVD that they love (and obviously work well for a 3rd trimester)?
    5) pumpkin pie!
  • @kbrinks2 so glad you got good news at the doctors office! Happy for you!
  • @wal2017 beach body on demand has pregnancy workouts....ill admit I haven't done it since early 2nd tri. 
  • @kbrinks2 That's great news about your appointment today! I'm so happy for you that everything looks good and that they are encouraging a VBAC.  

@wal2017 I 2nd what @Chawk17 said about the BeachBody On Demand Maternity workouts (although I also haven't done it since early 2nd tri).  

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 27 weeks, lettuce or a banana

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms?  Sciatica is rearing it's ugly head.  Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good.

3) Any appointments this week?  I failed my 1 and 3 hour glucose tests this week, so I have GD.  I found out today (happy 27 weeks to me)!  

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rave: My OB's office was AMAZING today.  They called 3 hours after I got home from the 3 hr test today, then got me a meter and testing strips and a meeting with the nutritionist within an hour.  The good news is that they think I can control it with diet, so I shouldn't need medication.  

*sigh* this might be my "rant":  I love stuffing and mashed potatoes and apple pie.  I could take or leave turkey.  Unfortunately, it looks like this year I will have to choose a small piece of one of my 3 favs and load up on the turkey.  
  • Thanks @wal2017 and @babybro218! I was so relieved to hear that news!! 
    @babybro218 hopefully the nutritionist helps with keeping everything under control and avooiding medication! 

And I will have to check out some of the beachbody videos too! I have another year subscription but cannot seem to make myself get a workout in! Bathing my DS seems like enough of a workout for me these days!
  • 1) 29 weeks! Can’t believe we are this close to 30. 

2) Developed some general aches and pains this past week, and got my first UTI in 3 years after drinking that glucola drink

3) saw the OB this past Wednesday, failed my one hour GTT by 15pts. Have to go in for the 3 hour test this coming Wednesday :(

4) question: how important is it to invest in a brand name glider for the nursery? We are cutting corners where we can and can’t decide if the glider should be one of the gliders we spend good money on or just buy second-hand.

5) most of my first tri nausea and food aversions have returned so nothing particular I’m looking forward to having. We’ll see how i feel that day. Usually i love ham and apple pie!

@kbrinks2 so happy for your good news!!

@wal2017 i have heard good things about beachbody on demand from others but have honestly not tried it. Planning on doing it postpartum.
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  27 weeks head of lettuce or bunch of bananas

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms? Feeling really good actually. Waking up at 3am is my new norm. I typically wake up at 5 but it hasn't been so bad. 

3) Any appointments this week? Not until November 29 and then I go every 2 weeks. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave- so glad I started seeing a chiropractor this time around. The difference in how I feel this pregnancy vs my other two pregnancies is so incredible. Hoping that I can avoid bed rest since I've been feeling so good!

5) GTKY: what is your favorite Thanksgiving or Holiday food that you are most looking forward to? Mashed potatoes, dumplings, green bean casserole, and turkey... I list them all because I layer them all together. YUUUUUUM! I love thanksgiving!!! Oh and stuffing... oh my... I am so pumped for Thursday!

• @nightnurse92

Many of my friends that bought name brand (expensive) gliders/rockers have said it wasn't worth the money. We bought a nice rocker, swivel, glider from Big Lots 8 years go for my first son and it is going in this nursery also. It was $150 I believe. Very affordable and we used it in our living room when our boys outgrew wanting to be rocked. It is leather, which wipes off easily.
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    28 weeks - size of a rollerblade
    Peeing seemingly every hour of the night. 
    I have my 28 week appt on 11/21 
    DH just got off the night shift to days and it’s a huge difference for our family to have his help in the evening. 
    5) GTKY: what is your favorite Thanksgiving or Holiday food that you are most looking forward to? mashed potatoes and rolls and my mom makes a delicious French silk pie. I have friends who make baked Mac and cheese for thanksgiving and that’s just not something we usually make so I’m debating adding that this year. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    27 weeks - lettuce or bunch of bananas

Starting to feel tender around my belly button

N/a

Trying to find time to book a maternity photo shoot in January but so glad because I have not documented my pregnancy much otherwise. I'll also be taking some baby prep classes then. There's still a slight chance someone will throw a baby shower for us in January too. So I've got a lot to do to prep for baby over the holidays!

Mashed potatoes and gravy! 
  • @wal2017 yoga and walking is the only thing I can make myself do, but I always feel better after doing it. 

@kbrinks2 great news!
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  27 weeks head of lettuce or bunch of bananas

2) How are you feeling, any new symptoms? Feeling really good actually. Waking up at 3am is my new norm. I typically wake up at 5 but it hasn't been so bad. 

3) Any appointments this week? Not until November 29 and then I go every 2 weeks. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave- so glad I started seeing a chiropractor this time around. The difference in how I feel this pregnancy vs my other two pregnancies is so incredible. Hoping that I can avoid bed rest since I've been feeling so good!

5) GTKY: what is your favorite Thanksgiving or Holiday food that you are most looking forward to? Mashed potatoes, dumplings, green bean casserole, and turkey... I list them all because I layer them all together. YUUUUUUM! I love thanksgiving!!! Oh and stuffing... oh my... I am so pumped for Thursday!

Oh gosh, I'm one who can't have food touch....that turned my stomach. 
  • Friday’s are such busy days for me that i can never get on. :/ 
    27 weeks yesterday. Size of a camping lantern (?). Next appointment is the Monday after Thanksgiving. We’re down to every other week appointments and the rest of the appointments are scheduled for the pregnancy. 
  • @Chawk17 I also can't have food touch! I cringe when I see people with their plates piled! Not for the amount of food since I'll just go for seconds but because everything touches! 
    And I need to eat one thing at a time before moving to the next thing on my plate!
  • kbrinks2 said:
    @Chawk17 I also can't have food touch! I cringe when I see people with their plates piled! Not for the amount of food since I'll just go for seconds but because everything touches! 
    And I need to eat one thing at a time before moving to the next thing on my plate!
    Me too! I eat clockwise. And I have to have a new plate each time. 
    Casseroles are out because it's all mixed. 
  • @Chawk17 we could definitely eat together! Lol