Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL w/o 11/13

Better late than never? 

This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: When was the last time you hung out with a group of ladies and what did you do? 

Re: TTCAL w/o 11/13

• Options
    @holly321 FX bloodwork looks good and have fun "wine tasting."
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?
    This week has been okay. I've been sick so there's that. I am have a sense of being overwhelmed today. And curse you TImehop...4 years ago today we found out that my sister lost her pregnancy at 20 weeks. That was a tough reminder both for that and for mine. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

GTKY: When was the last time you hung out with a group of ladies and what did you do? 
    The last group thing was the weekend before Halloween when me and my group of mom friends(5 of us in total) went to lunch and then when roller skating. We plan to go to living windows in a couple weeks. We try to have a get together sans the kids once a month or every 6 weeks. This past Friday I went and had dinner with a good girlfriend and then we went and seen Bad Moms Christmas. 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @holly321 congratulations on finishing up chemo, got all my fingers crossed for you!

@kindbytealikat  I’m so sorry that came up on your timeline, big hugs to you.

number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. Loss at 13 weeks Jan 16, loss at 9 weeks Oct 17

Rave: Ive had a good week this week, it’s been productive and me and Fi have just been in a really good mood. Rant: Not really a rant but this Saturday I’m going out with all my old school friends for a night out and on Sunday I’m going over to the in laws for a birthday dinner. I think it’ll be fine once I’m there but it’s the first time I’ve seen them since my loss and I’m worried as to how his family will act towards me. My friends didn’t know I was pregnant and had another loss and I’m a bit worried I’ll get drunk and blurt it out.

Nada.

For halloween I went out with an old work friend and her friend dancing and it was great although we felt like the oldest ones in there haha
  • Options
    @holly321 I hope your levels have gone down and you are done with chemo after tomorrow. I am so sorry again for all that you have been through, it is literally the worst scenario post-loss. I hope things are more smooth for you going forward. 
    @kindbytealikat Wow, what a cruel Timehop. I'm so sorry for that reminder and that your sister and you and your family went through that. 
    @CraftyG That is so fun to go out dancing! It's been forever since I did that. I would definitely feel like an old lady. 

3 early mc's this year (blighted ovum, CP, something in between those), no living children. 

Had a tough time last Friday, we found out we likely will not learn anything after all from the d&c and I lost it and cried pretty much all day. I am doing ok this week. I don't have much motivation in general but I have set a 5 pound weight loss goal and have jacked up my protein intake to maybe try that to improve egg quality (on top of my mountain of supplements, etc.). It is giving me something to focus on. We haven't really decided about this cycle, I thought I would likely be benched and now idk what the point is of waiting, I feel very fatalistic about my chances of keeping a pregnancy but have also decided we will give it one more try before IVF. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have bw tomorrow to check hCG. 

GTKY: When was the last time you hung out with a group of ladies and what did you do? I guess about three weeks ago now I went to a bachelorette dinner and drinks things, very low key, with a bunch of ladies. I realized I hadn't had a group lady hang out in a while. I should probably do that more. 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat, I am sorry about the Facebook reminder, those are tough.  Hope you are feeling better from being sick.  How was the movie?  My mom was suggesting we see it with my friend and her mom
    @CraftyG, I hope everything goes well for you Saturday.  I hate that kind of anticipation.  And i don't know what is worse, when people act differently around me or when they act like nothing is going on.
    @zamora_spin, *hugs* I am so sorry you did not get any answers.  That is tough.   Hope your HCG check goes well!  I have been using this opportunity to get in better shape. One good thing about being sick is I did lose 20lbs.  I have at least 10 more to go, but more importantly, I want to get more active.  Good luck!

AFM, my hcg was 1 yesterday, so today should be my last chemo treatment. (Still waiting for my gyn. oncologist to give the all clear) I ended up breaking down in the infusion room though, I have been so preoccupied with the cancer that I haven't been emotionally dealing with losing the baby.
  • Options
    @holly321 The movie was good I did enjoy the first one better though. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @holly321 I’m sorry to hear you had a hard time, and it makes total sense that now that the cancer is over, that you are reminded of your loss. 
    @kindbytealikat  That’s a hard memory to be reminded of. I’m sorry your sister had to go through that. 
    @CraftyG  Dancing sounds like a lot of fun!
    @zamora_spin  It’s good to set up non-ttc goals, and I really hope the next time you get pregnant it’s your rainbow. Sometimes it is just really crappy luck. 

TFAS
    1st loss - June 5, 2017 - dx blighted ovum
    2nd loss - August 17, 2017 - dx chemical pregnancy
    3rd loss - November 5, 2017 - still waiting on dx

I’m having a very hard time participating on the bump these days, so I apologize for not commenting as much as I used to. I think it’s because it will take awhile for all the results to come in and maybe I need a break from ttc. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I will be going in for an HSG test in December. Once I start a new cycle, I need to call my OB to schedule the test. Has anyone had an HSG test? I’m just wondering what I should expect. 

GTKY: When was the last time you hung out with a group of ladies and what did you do? I went out with a couple of friends for drinks a month ago, but tomorrow we are going to a Christmas fair. 
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco I’m so very sorry you find yourself here again. I can’t imagine. Take all the time you need and be kind to yourself. Thoughts and prayers to you!!! ((Hugs))

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited November 2017
    @ChloandCoco I have had an HSG. The pain was like period cramps but very brief. It really wasn’t bad. I did take ibuprofen about an hour before the procedure. Also the fluid is sticky so bring a panty liner because it will leak out for a while after. I don’t think I had residual cramps afterwards but just took ibuprofen throughout the day. I would guess yours will not be bad because like me it’s unlikely your tubes are blocked. When one or both are blocked it can be quite painful I think.

eta - also it’s kind of cool if they let you watch the liquid go through your ute and tubes.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco I'm so sorry for your loss.
    @holly321 Rooting for you and your last round of chemo!
    @kindbytealikat Sorry about the Facebook reminders.  That can be tough.
    @CraftyG Your week with Fi sounds great!
    @zamora_spin Love your healthy eating and exercise goals!  I need to get back on that train...

Overall I'm doing okay.  Still kinda bummed.  But I did have a good visit with the nurse midwife this week to ask my questions about the CP.  If the pregnancy lasted, I would have been 12 weeks and able to tell our families at Christmas.  A little frustrated since we started TTC 4 months ago I've been benched for 2 due to my broken wrist and now the CP.  I just want stuff to stop happening so we can keep trying.  
    Rave:  Super excited for a short work week next week due to Thanksgiving.  Rants:  Really liked the nurse midwife I saw but she is leaving the practice. :(

Betas went to zero quickly on their own.  Never got very high so my CP really hadn't implanted.  No further testing planned.

GTKY: When was the last time you hung out with a group of ladies and what did you do?  Actually had quite a lovely day prepping/running a work event with the ladies on my team.  We really had a fun time grabbing coffee, setting up, and working the event mingling with guests.  I'll miss them when I leave this job in January.  Other than work-related things, it's been a while!
  • Options
    @quiltandknit I’m sorry for your loss. Common misconception - hCG isn’t produced until after an embryo implants, so even early losses are the loss of an embryo after implantation. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Thanks for the info! :)