June 2018 Moms
Options

This Is Us recap 11/14 (spoilers ahead)

reikotxmreikotxm member
edited November 2017 in June 2018 Moms

Thoughts on tonight’s episode?

Favorite part?

Least favorite part?

Do you think Kevin and Sophie still have a chance? 

Any other thoughts?
BabyFetus Ticker
DS: born Feb 2012
BFP #1 Aug '15. EDD 4/25/16, MMC Dec '15, D&E Dec '15
BFP #2 Sept '17  EDD 6/18/18
praying for our rainbow baby

Re: This Is Us recap 11/14 (spoilers ahead)

• Options
    Thoughts on tonight’s episode? I like it I appreciated the insight into Kevin but I still think he is a whiny little b*tch. I'm hoping this was his rock bottom.  

Favorite part? Kevin's speech saying that they should be honoring the other people. 

Least favorite part? When Kevin got to Randall's house and he was going to tell him about his problem but Randall interrupted with the news about Kate's baby. That was heartbreaking to hear but I think it was awful timing because I'm sure Kevin isn't going to tell Randall about his problem now. 

Do you think Kevin and Sophie still have a chance? No. I think he needs to move on. He needs a fresh start of everything. 

Any other thoughts? I was really taken a back and sad by Kate's news about the baby. I was really looking forward to them planning and going through pregnancy at the same time as us. But I also think it is important for stories like that to be shared publicly so that women don't have to feel silenced about their loss. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Thoughts on on tonight’s episode?
    Kevin has been pissing me off the last couple episodes with his addiction/problem... I’m sad he still hasn’t come to terms with his father’s death like Kate seems to have...
    I’m also wondering if part of the reason Jack died was that Kate’s dog was in the fire and Jack went in to try and save it... that’s my theory

Favorite part? 
    Him giving the play by play on his life spiraling out of control and finally (seemingly) going to his brother to admit he has a problem...

Least favorite part?
    The end... the news about Kate!! Watching Kevin steal the dr’s note just to fix his problem

I don’t know... I don’t think she’ll chance it again.

Any other thoughts?
     The announcement of Kate’s loss. I was happy when I heard of her pregnancy because it was around the same week I got a BFP. I have a check up US appointment today and with my PGAL brain, I just got more paranoid after this episode
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS: born Feb 2012
    BFP #1 Aug '15. EDD 4/25/16, MMC Dec '15, D&E Dec '15
    BFP #2 Sept '17  EDD 6/18/18
    praying for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @reikotxm that is a good theory about Jack's death. I hadn't thought of that. They have definitely foreshadowed that it involved the house fire but I am interested to find out what caused the fire and how he died exactly. I totally thought he was going to die the time the he drunkenly drove to Rebecca's show. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @reikotxm and @krashke, to add to the house fire theory, I bet the source of the fire was that damn faulty electrical box. 

I'm going to skip the full structured response, but I actually like that Kate didn't have the perfect pregnancy. Of course I'm devastated for her because I've been through it too (more than once) and know her pain. But I think talking about it is important and am eager to hear how they show her coping with this in the upcoming episodes.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    So I don't hate Kevin as much pretty much everyone else seems too... don't get me wrong this was my least favorite episode... but it is still painful to watch someone spiraling.  I do not think that this is rock bottom.  Being the triplet that didn't need as much one on one attention from him parents, he's used to internalizing his own problems more than his siblings, and Kate's miscarriage is going to prevent him from asking for help.  I think he will probably be arrested before he finally goes to rehab and really deals with Jack's death.  He's gonna be a lot whinner for a while too- just my prediction.

Favorite part?
    When he was crying for help on the girls lawn.  It felt like he might actually be ready to get help.

Least favorite part?
    The award ceremony when he asked to not be awarded.  

Slim to none- maybe if he had asked Randall for help- but if they were to get back together now he would just ruin it again.

Any other thoughts?
    So between pregnancy exhaustion, nausea and my husband just not wanting to watch the show I hadn't been watching.  I caught up last week, so a lot of the Kate stuff is fresher in my head and next week is gonna be rough.  When she told Toby she was pregnant but he wasn't aloud to talk about it until the baby was safely living outside of her body I was a hot mess- since it is EXACTLY how I felt my entire pregnancy with DD.  And the preview for next week had me in tears- so much of what I have gone through is going to going to be dealt with by Toby and Kate.  When she said "You didn't go through it. I went through it"  is something I've thought as DH wanted to try again and I just couldn't.  Ugh I am thinking it's gonna be a 2 box of tissues episode.

Also, my husband was in the room with me while I watched last night and he just realized that the show is about 1 family during different times in their lives.  He was adorable when he turned to me and said " wait... so he's Mandy Moore's son?".  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I Liked tonight's episode, but probably just because I like this is us in general.  It was nice to fill in some of Kevin's story. 
    Favorite part?
    When Jack was in the hospital telling Kevin he wore that necklace the day he was born and Kevin was his purpose. Tears. So many tears.
    Least favorite part?
    I hated that Kate lost the baby.  That was heart breaking. Leave Toby and Kate alone! 
    This episode was uncomfortable to watch.  I just wanted to shake Kevin, but that's good story writing I guess. I didn't want him to hook up with Charlottes and I'm mad he left his necklace behind.  
    I really hope so for Kevin's sake but Sophie doesn't need or deserve his BS right now.  

• Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited November 2017
    @krashke I completely agree with you about Kate's loss. I was looking forward to going through this with her but the same thing you said about her loss. Edit: just found the preview for next week online and I'm sobbing.  I'm so sad

I didn't think about the faulty electrical box.  Nooooooo Jack!!!!!!
  • Options
    ugh, so many feels. It was good to piece things together... his injury, the death etc. 

Favorite part?
    I want to put a 'happy' moment here but there was so few this episode. So probably the necklace exchange/apology in the hospital

Least favorite part?
    his breakdown in the yard over the necklace. This storyline really gets to me. And that made me so so sad.

I mean, the show won't stop trying lol. But either way. yes, I do. 

Any other thoughts?
    I'm going to need to prepare myself for next weeks. That's really going to bring up some emotions. This show already hits in some personal spots.... with the addiction....The house fire death... now the miscarriage.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby