Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Fitness Check-in 11/14

Current stats if you'd like to share! (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)

Fitness game plan for this week:

Did you meet last week's goals?

Fitness goal for this month:

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves?  Frustrations?

GTKY:  What are your go-to workout jams?

Me: 31
H: 36
L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Fitness Check-in 11/14

• Options

Current stats - down from last week, but that's thanks to the stomach virus and not really the ideal way to lose it!

Fitness game plan for this week:  I want to get to the gym 3 times this week.  Tonight will be #1.

Did you meet last week's goals?  No, stomach virus knocked me down hard.  Made it to the gym only once.

Fitness goal for this month:  A more consistent gym schedule.  I need to set dates to go and follow through.

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  I'm really excited for some of the results I've been seeing.  I'm finally seeing some real definition in my arms and my butt is sitting higher and rounder.  DH has made a couple comments too.  It's nice when all your hard work actually gives you a tangible result.

GTKY:  I like any music I can sing along to and distract myself.  If it has words then I'm all good.  I can't get into some of that crazy dance/house music they play to "amp" you up.

• Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited November 2017

Current stats if you'd like to share! (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)

Uh, no comment. I went off of my diet over the weekend and the scale is reminding me of that! Just trying to quickly get back where I was and hopefully still make a pound of progress this week!

Fitness game plan for this week:

Printing a calendar right now for the rest of the year so I can write my daily calories and workouts on it, since I am not doing a great job of being consistent. Goals are to count calories daily, keep them to 1400 or under, take my vitamins and workout 3-4 times a week.

Did you meet last week's goals?

Not really!

Fitness goal for this month:

Write in my calendar and stick to my goals, and ideally get into the 180s.

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves?  Frustrations?

I'm definitely an emotional/stress eater and it's frustrating. I need a strict plan to fight that impulse, so hopefully I'm implementing that now.

GTKY:  What are your go-to workout jams?

This time of year it's definitely All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. Normally, I like old indie rock stuff.

@mermaidca Sorry about your stomach virus!  Those are the worst!  Hopefully you're feeling much better now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mermaidca I’m glad you’re feeling better. Don’t be too hard on yourself for getting sick. You needed the rest to get better.

Fitness game plan for this week: Trying to be more realistic- yoga 3x this week

Did you meet last week's goals? No. Maybe yoga every day after work was a bit unrealistic.

Fitness goal for this month: Make lunch for work at least 2x a week

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves? 

Is anyone interested in a fitness challenge? My company is doing a Project Zero thing where the goal is to not gain any weight through the holidays. I thought it might be a good goal here too.

GTKY:  What are your go-to workout jams? I do yoga, so I usually listen to yoga classes. When I used to run I’d listen to podcasts because I’d get sick of the same songs over and over.

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options

SW: 199, CW: ??? (not stepping on scale, have been eating cupcakes)

Fitness game plan for this week: get in the gym! I met with my new trainer today and he seems great, so I'm really excited to get that going. 

Did you meet last week's goals? Didn't get in the gym as much as I wanted to. 

Fitness goal for this month: get back in the groove!

GTKY:  What are your go-to workout jams? This is totally going to date me, but I start every workout with Ice Ice Baby. also heavily featured is Whistle (While You Work It), Tubthumping, and Alanis Morrissette. 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @mermaidca - thanks for starting this! hope the stomach virus is gone and you're feeling better!

@maureenmce - those are my goals, too!

@meggyme - I'm up for a fitness challenge! GL getting to yoga!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Great song choices!!!  I should break out some Jock Jams.  Always a good time!
    @meggyme a fitness challenge would be a great idea!
  • Options
    @meggyme I'd love a fitness challenge too!  I just filled out my workout/calorie counting calendar and goals for the rest of the year - hoping they will keep me accountable!
  • Options
    had my first session with my trainer this morning and it was awesome! So good to be doing all the active things again. My legs will be killing me tomorrow, but small price to pay!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    That's great @catlady2015 !  How often will you see your trainer? 
  • Options
    @mermaidca - a couple times a month for the first couple months, then i plan to cut down to once a week. hopefully that'll be enough to help with accountability, but will keep costs down some. :) 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    So ladies should we start a fitness challenge next week?  We could do a weight loss challenge but do it by percentage rather than number of pounds.  Or one of those 30 day challenges (abs, butt, squats...).  Or should we wait until after Thanksgiving haha?  Anyone game?
  • Options
    I'm game! if we do weight loss, can we keep the percentage small, since we know we'll blow diets for thanksgiving? OR maybe a daily squat challenge? 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19