June 2018 Moms
Options

UO 11.16

You are entitled to your opinion but...

*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: UO 11.16

• Options
    @krashke NOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU HAVENT MET THE RIGHT ONES!!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fitzandgiggles You could not be more correct! I find him not only unattractive, but also so annoying. I hate that my (pretend) bestie Hoda Kotbe loves him so much. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krashke I have a small dog and even though we love her because she’s part of the family now, I will never get another small dog again after her.  
  • Options
    @fitzandgiggles yeeeeesss!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    Oh my god, @krashke, I laughed so hard at the combo of your UO + gif, followed by @doxiemoxie212's response. Bravo all around.

I'm actually not much of a small dog fan myself (I've got a 60-lb cattle dog mix), but dachshunds are precious angels. And not small enough to be irritating, IMO. 
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I have enough pictures of my cat and 75 lb dog to compete with that. I've never had a personal relationship with a doxie but all the ones I have met have been nippy and yelpy. My friend has a Yorkie that will be the sweetest thing and snuggle on your lap one second and then the next he will bite your hand off. He drew blood last time I was there and I was just petting him while he was on my lap. I grew up with a shih tzu lhasa apso mix who was ok but he was dumb as rocks. 

Interestingly enough my big dog loves all the little dogs. When she goes to the dog park they are her favorite to play with. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Haha I’m not a small dog fan either. I’ve met few that I actually like. And I’m not sure I’ve ever met a dachshund.

@MoonOverGoldsboro we have a cattle dog mix too! And she is amazing!! 
  • Options

I was looking for a different gif and couldn't find it, but thought this was appropriate. I feel like this is what people think my dog is like when they hear her barking, but in reality she's missing lots of teeth and just gives love nibbles.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @krashke that's fair, a lot of dachshunds are assholes. My only experience has really ever been with longhaired dachshunds which tend to be much calmer (because they I guess were bred with spaniels way back when or whatever, so calmer breed?) than short or wired haired ones. I do love seeing wired hair ones out and about, though, with their little mustaches. lol lol 
  • Options
    I’m not the biggest dog person to begin with and I pretty much just like my dog (tiny miniature schnauzer). I can’t handle dogs that shed and drool but I’m allergic to their dander and some breeds saliva. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    same on the small dogs.  I've always had medium dogs (40-50 lbs) and we fostered a great dane for 10 months while his owner was deployed (150 lbs at just over 1 yr old) and he was THE BEST dog.  I've instructed a LOT of dog training/agility classes and am never a fan of the little dogs.  Its like most all of them have Napoleon syndrome.  As for  dachshunds specifically, so many of them are bred horribly and they're obese and just unhealthy with bad hips (obviously not all of them) so that is a turn off as well.
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 DH and I get so mad when we see overweight dachshunds, or dachshunds going up/down stairs, etc. Our vet told us (if you can imagine an Argentinian accent), "Not all dogs must be super models, but dachshunds must - they must always be very svelte!" 

(My mom struggles with this because she's used to Irish Setters and Golden Retrievers that she could feed half a grocery store to. It's hard for her to do that math, and be like, oh, right, this little bite is equivalent to me feeding myself an entire cake.) 
  • Options
    RatParadeRatParade member
    edited November 2017

Posted on the wrong thread, oops :D

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 I get irrationally angry for any dogs/pets that are overweight. Grace is pretty fit. You can feel her ribs a bit (as you should) and everyone thinks she underweight. The vet says she is her ideal weight. 

@doxiemoxie212 I love that from your vet! 

In general I also hate when people give pets people food. When Grace does get the occasional french fry she has to work for it! 
    *TW LC*

• Options

@doxiemoxie212 & @krashke - Yes!!  So so true.  They're so long they don't need ANY extra weight on their hips.  Love that you make them work for treats!  No snacks for free! 

My dogs now are mutts but one of them is either a Whippet w/ something bigger mix or Greyhound with something smaller mix but predominately sighthound so he is very thin and people comment on it - even when he was his heaviest- and I was like umm, he should actually lose a few lbs but my hubs feeds him too much.  He competes in agility too so he needs to be extra lean.

• Options
    I wanted a dachshund so bad, but DH wanted a cane Corso, so we compromised and got a Lab. He was sweetie, but passed away on Halloween  :'( I'm still not over it. No more dogs for us for a while, I think. That heartbreak is too much!
  • Options
    @krashke Your uo has officially made me come out of silent lurker status as your post made me gasp out loud!  Couldn't let that one slide!  I adore my dachshund and I agree with @doxiemoxie212, you haven't met the right ones!  My doxie has the best personality and is a super snuggle bug  <3
  • Options
    I love that our UO is just about dogs  :D
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2017

UO - I don't like This Is Us.  I don't need a show that tries so hard to make me cry.   Or Gilmore Girls.  Or that show with the whole family that was literally all over the place....parenthood?

Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll piggy back on the dog convo.... I kinda don't like any dogs at all.  I wouldn't say i DISlike dogs, but I just don't really like them much either.  Everyone loves to ask us when we will cave and get DD a dog and I'm like ummmm never?  DH feels the same way, and our stance on dogs drives our friends and family crazy.
  • Options
    Completely agree with small dogs. Although when I was younger we had a dashshund and he was so sweet. Now we have a wheaten/golden doodle mix that’s 40 lbs, hypoallergenic and is amazing.

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• Options
    Pumpkin pie is disgusting.

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• Options

I the one day I don't check the UO thread it's hate on doxie day! 

Sorry @doxiemoxie212 I wasn't there as back up.  I feel like I let Lucy and Buster down. 

How can you hate on this magnificent dog.  
    "Bow to me mortal"