May 2018 Moms
Options

Gtky wedding dress edition

Just out of curiosity... What happened to all of your wedding dresses after your wedding? I’m thinking about having it turned into a cocktail dress, but if I have a daughter I want a picture of her laying on it (newborn pics) Of maybe keep it and do something for one year pics... Anyway... What did you all do with yours?

(Bonus points for pics!)

Re: Gtky wedding dress edition

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sandbar517 I love that picture! So pretty with the birdseed and the look on your faces is pure joy! 
  • Options

Mine is hanging in my old closet at my parents house. My mom bought me one of those boxes from David's Bridal to preserve it but I haven't gotten around to doing it. I honestly don't feel super attached to my dress because I had regrets about the one I chose. It came down to two dresses when I was shopping, I let people in the store talk me out of my initial favourite, and I've regretted it ever since!

Going through my wedding pics made me realize I have surprisingly few full length pictures of my dress that aren't a little too bright to see the details! Enjoy one of us with horror faces to protect the innocent, followed by a picture of the dress that got away.

Well your dress that got away is definitely my style too! 
  • Options
    @sandbar517 aww it's really such a great dress !

I actually got the belt from a seller on Etsy for $30 which was waaaaaaaay more reasonable than the ones available at the bridal shop. 

I really like what you chose though! That drop waist is beeeeautiful! 
  • Options
    @holli0801 Your dress looks so pretty, I wish you had a picture of the whole thing! I love the swiss dots.
  • Options
    Mine laid on the floor of my closet for almost 2 years. Not even exaggerating. My mom finally came to my house, went in my closet and took it. She came back with it all preserved for me. I was thinking of making something useful out of it but now it’s just in a box in my attic. 
  • Options

@holli0801 That is really lovely!

@ivyvines6 I really love that idea! If only I wasn't the least crafty person on the face of the planet.

• Options
    @holli0801 I absolutely adore your dress! Also had no idea that you call that fabric Swiss dots. Gorgeous!
  • Options
    I was also going to mention using it to make baptism gowns (or pants outfits if you prefer), first holy communion/confirmation dresses (or other religious ceremonial dresses), baby blankets, or handkerchiefs.  My MIL used a piece of her mom's blue pantsuit that she wore when she eloped to make a heart with my SIL's initials and wedding date embroidered on it, and then they sewed it into the inside of SIL's wedding dress for her something blue.  I thought that was a very cute idea.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    I was also going to mention using it to make baptism gowns (or pants outfits if you prefer), first holy communion/confirmation dresses (or other religious ceremonial dresses), baby blankets, or handkerchiefs.  My MIL used a piece of her mom's blue pantsuit that she wore when she eloped to make a heart with my SIL's initials and wedding date embroidered on it, and then they sewed it into the inside of SIL's wedding dress for her something blue.  I thought that was a very cute idea.  
    Traditions and heirlooms make me sad that we aren’t religious. Usually around Christmas time anyway.