March 2018 Moms
Options

Finally Friday Ticker Change

1-How far along are you? How big is baby?

2-How are you feeling?

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments?

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:

5-
Name one trait you hope baby DOES get from you and one that you hope baby DOES get from your SO.

Re: Finally Friday Ticker Change

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @orbmaker I'm struggling with sexytime too.  H and I talked about maybe having sex last night but Elise was super active and kicking and... I just... could NOT get in the mood to bang my husband when my daughter was all "Hi Mom!!  How's it going??"

It's possible your H just doesn't want to put pressure on you to have sex if you don't want to.  I'm all for open communication about this stuff.  Seriously talk to him straight up about it tonight.  He's the only one who can tell you what's goin' on in that brain of his.
  • Options
    @antoto Thanks for this! I'll bring it up tonight. 

Intellectually, I know my baby doesn't "know" what's going on if/when we have sex (and the endorphins are good for her!), but the kicking and twirling makes her feel like more of a person/spectator to me, which is just kind of bizarre to process emotionally...
  • Options
    22 weeks-a coconut
    2-How are you feeling?
    So far today pretty good, yesterday for some reason I was having pain across my whole front but it felt like it was external, not internal, it was like my skin hurt, if that makes sense.  I'm also starting to feel more movement which is very exciting because I've been jealous of you ladies that could feel it earlier!  It was very strange watching during the a/s and seeing her punch her little fists and knees upwards and not being able to feel it.
    Well I had my normal HB check and I have another HB check next Tuesday.  I also made my glucose tolerance test appointment for the day after Thanksgiving.  Probably not my smartest choice but I took the day off so I didn't want to have to miss more work while just sitting around during the test.
    4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    So this is a bit of a weird question-does anyone know anything about getting a C-section with an anterior placenta?  I've had 2 previous un complicated vaginal deliveries (no forceps or vacuums used either) and there's absolutely no reason to think that I would need a C-section this time around but a friend of mine had a baby 6 weeks ago, she needed a C-section and had an anterior placenta and they had to give her general anesthesia because of the placenta placement so she was pretty out of it for a while and wasn't allowed or able to hold the baby initially.  Like I said, there's no reason to think I would need a C-section but just in case, I'd like to go in armed with the knowledge of what could happen.
    5-
    Name one trait you hope baby DOES get from you and one that you hope baby DOES get from your SO.
    From me I hope she gets my easy going, calm under pressure personality (actually my love of learning would be awesome too), from DH I hope she gets his perfect eyesight and perfectly straight, no braces or retainers ever, teeth - those things are expensive!  Haha :D
  • Options
    @LaurenAnn0405 I didn't have a csection but I did have an anterior placenta and I very vaguely remember them bringing something up about that. I'd ask your provider at your next visit!

24 weeks, size of a GI Joe lol
    2-How are you feeling?
    Overall great! I've been having crazy heartburn some days and also so much more pressure/almost BH type feeling. I think it's so different because of having a posterior vs. anterior placenta (it's posterior this time).
    I had my MFM second opinion on Wednesday and am sooo glad I requested a second opinion. I have a game plan for the rest of the pregnancy now and a doctor who is supportive and knowledgeable on my condition! I have a regular OB check up this upcoming week! 
    4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Nothing this week :)
    5-
    Name one trait you hope baby DOES get from you a)nd one that you hope baby DOES get from your SO.
    Hm... I hope he gets DH's (and DS's) blue eyes and I hope he gets my patience!
  • Options
    I'm either the only Thursday ticker change or no one ever does it lol #intrudingagain

1-How far along are you? How big is baby? Exactly 20 weeks (Thursday of course) woohoo!

2-How are you feeling? Fine, except my 1yo gave me a cold...twice.

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments? A/S on Monday. #TeamGreen this time!

4-Rants/Raves/Questions: I don't think I have any. I'm boring this week.

5-
    Name one trait you hope baby DOES get from you and one that you hope baby DOES get from your SO. I hope baby gets my nose (it's a family nose) and idk, maybe optimism from DH.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    @KASG my due date was technically  moved to Thursday too. I started out on Friday and  have never seen a Thursday one so I just stick to this one I say you are more than welcome :smile:
  • Options
    @KASG - I'm not even a March 18 mom anymore, my DD got changed to 2/23/18 but I stayed here anyways lol. I like them too much to leave. Welcome to Friday Ticker Change :)
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick - that's what I'm not looking forward to is the sugar hangover! I eat so healthy and stay away from high sugar and processed foods, so I know this is going to either send me through the roof or make me feel really crappy :(
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick It's just a sleeping cot for babies - you could put it/take it anywhere
  • Options
    @antoto I just googled it and see what you mean. I think it would be super useful. We used a mini crib in our bedroom for the first 8 months. It’s the same footprint as a pack n play with an actual mattress. Since I was breastfeeding and he was waking up multiple times a night, it helped to have him so close to us, but not in our bed. At 8 months we were finally able to move him into his own room. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick we haven't talked about it yet! but I will initiate. My husband came down with a stomach bug and then gave it to me in the interim, so it wasn't the sexiest weekend... 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick maybe it's just a second (plus) pregnancy thing then?! Disneyland with the family sounds like a blast... we used to live in Florida and I miss the easy access to all those fun things, especially now that we have kids!
  • Options
    @orbmaker that absolutely sucks. I hope you feel better.