May 2018 Moms
Options

Breast Pump Reviews

Hey ladies. So, I looked at what my insurance offers for pumps and I'm not sure what kind to try to get. I already got one with DD 3 years ago, so I'm hoping insurance will let me get a new one with this baby. I had an Ameda before. It worked great, but I noticed about 7 months later that the suction wasn't as high anymore. I narrowed it down to the flanges and had to keep replacing them after that. I attribute that to part of the reason my supply dried up. I won another pump of a different brand from a La Leche League meeting, but it didn't seem to do any better than my first. I have a couple manuals as well, but plan to use those only in emergency situations.

I did some research and the Medela Pump In Style seems to get all the rave. The only version on my insurance list is the starter kit, which just includes the pump and 2 bottles. If I can get this one, I might splurge and buy the rest of the accessories that are available for it, like the tote and the cooler. I also like that it can be battery operated and you can also get a car adapter, both of which are necessary at times. My only concern is that it's an open system and cleaning the inside of the tubing isn't something I'd like to do. Did any of you use this one and what were your thoughts on it?

Note: I plan to breastfeed, but also plan to go back to work after maternity leave. So, I will need a good, reliable pump not just to help get my freezer stock started, but also one that does a great job with only 2-3 uses per day while at work and one or two times a couple evenings during my dance teacher breaks.

Thanks!!

BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Breast Pump Reviews