December 2017 Moms

Labor soon? - 35 weeks

This is a little TMI but I need to ask. I'e had heavy discharge through out my entire pregnancy. Over that last few days I've noticed it has decreased & today it has had a strange smell. I've also noticed that baby girl has dropped & I have been having cramps in my lower abdomen. I haven't been swollen at all through out my pregnancy & over that last 2 days I have had swollen ankles. Could I be going into labor soon? 

Answers

• Sounds like you might have an infection. Call your OB tomorrow AM about the smell. I have had swollen feet and legs for months now. If your blood pressure and pee test fine, then nothing to worry about. I would call about the smell though. 
  • As most will tell you, we don't like to diagnose symptoms here. Anytime there is any concern you should always ask your Dr, because your Dr knows you and your pregnancy much better. We don't want to offer any false security when something could be wrong, or freak you out when everything is fine. Call your Dr and explain the situation to them and see if they think you should come in  :)  

• Loading the player...
  • I like what  @Mandayno said. Everyone's pregnancy is different and if you're concerned then a call to the OB is a must. 
  • Definitely call. The smell is probably an infection. Very common. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agree with pp. Also, none of those are signs of labor. 
  • If you went into labor, you would most definitely know it, without question.
    I would discuss these symptoms with your doctor, they would be able to give you all the information and care you need.
  • I’ve had lots of pelvic pain and painful, non-timeable contractions for over a week now and my cervix is still “high and tight”. Babies come when they come and kiddos in general have their own agenda. I’m trying to think of this as the first lesson in “letting go” and taking things one day at a time. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker