March 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change

1-How far along are you? How big is baby?

2-How are you feeling?

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments?

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:

5- Since we had the opposite last week (and I stole from Friday) 
Name one trait you hope baby DOES get from you and one that you hope baby DOES get from your SO.
Me: 30 DH: 31
Married: May 2008
DD Born: March 2018
DS Born: April 2019
Due with #3 December 2020!

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change

• 1-How far along are you? How big is baby?
    23 weeks, a grape fruit!

2-How are you feeling?
    Feeling good - some heartburn in the evenings. (every time I post a symptom here it seems to go away !) I still am not really feeling movement with my anterior placenta which sucks. 

Checkup tomorrow because my office is out for Thanksgiving next week. My mom is coming this time, I'm pretty excited! She's been wanting to hear the heartbeat. 

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    We toured the hospital I'll be delivering at this weekend which was awesome. I had a list of great questions and feel really prepared now. It was so nice just to be able to see the rooms, and where I'm supposed to go on the day of.

STM's who had anterior placenta - when did you feel movement on the outside? I'm only feeling flutters down low and on the sides, my husband is anxious to feel movement with his hands but I feel like that'll never happen. I'm also plus size so I feel like extra belly padding plus the AP is creating quite the cushion. 

5-
    Name one trait you hope baby DOES get from you and one that you hope baby DOES get from your SO.
    My husband has a lot of great traits - but I hope she gets his ambition. 
    As far as me, I'm having a hard time thinking of good things about myself right now lol. I like my eye color over my husband's. 
    21 weeks, endive

2-How are you feeling?
    Feeling good - some digestive issues... yay.

Appointment today - I scheduled everything until my due date so I'm feeling accomplished.  Glucose test in 4 weeks along with 2nd tri bloodwork.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Nope.  :/

I hope baby gets DH's genuine niceness - seriously he is almost too nice sometimes.  And his nose.  I hate my nose.  From me - I hope the baby gets (also how is it sooo difficult to think of something nice about ourselves @JBcakes08) the ability to learn things quickly and think logically.

JBcakes08 said:

STM's who had anterior placenta - when did you feel movement on the outside? I'm only feeling flutters down low and on the sides, my husband is anxious to feel movement with his hands but I feel like that'll never happen. I'm also plus size so I feel like extra belly padding plus the AP is creating quite the cushion. 
    I too am plus size and had an anterior placenta with DD (and this time too).  DH was able to feel her from the outside waaaayyy later compared to others.  I feel like it was into the 30+ weeks.  He was able to eventually feel her though - so give it time.  It was frustrating because she'd be kicking and I'd have him come feel, and then she'd stop or kick somewhere else.  I think it worked best for me to have my bump against him versus just a hand - more surface area gives more chance to feel something.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Loading the player...

23 weeks! 
    2-How are you feeling?
    Thought I was in labor yesterday but I think I may have just had food poisoning? So that was fun. Lots of Braxton hicks and baby kicks! 
    None for me until December. I do have an appointment with my daughter tomorrow though to see if something is wrong with her leg. 
    4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I’m having so much anxiety about my daughter. She started asymmetrical crawling yesterday, after about a week of occasionally stopping when she crawls and kicking out her left leg. I’m not sure if maybe something is wrong with her leg, or if it’s something else. I know asymmetrical crawling can be a sign of autism, which is what I think I’m the most worried about. After googling I did read a few stories from people who’s toddlers started doing this when they had learned to walk but still crawled most of the time, which is where P is. So maybe she’s just combining walking and crawling? I’ve noticed that since the weird crawling started, she’s really started walking a lot more. I’m just a worried mama, but her appointment is early tomorrow so hopefully I get good answers. 
    I hope she gets my husband’s ability to have fun, and my ability to care about people (though maybe not to the point that it causes anxiety, like me)
    23 weeks - grapefruit!

2-How are you feeling?
    Pretty decent. Achey and heartburny, but nothing too awful.

Got an appointment tomorrow, just routine.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Child, the top of my cervix is not a punching bag. Please, please find somewhere else to attack.

From me - Patience. From DW - Height. (mostly joking, getting wife's knack for understanding people would also be good)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    23 weeks - grapefruit

2-How are you feeling?
    Depression is kicking my butt this week. Physically, I feel fine, and Baby Boy is making up for his lack of movement earlier by moving all the time, which is actually nice.

OB appointment today. Also need to get my flu shot. Neither DH nor I have ever gotten one, but with me pregnant right during flu season and a toddler who likes to hang out at the library, it seems prudent. Just have to keep it from my MIL. She is not outspoken anti-vax, but with 2/7 of her kids having Asperger's, and another 3 of them with some inexplicable disorder, she's a little concerned. And she's very against the flu shot.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:
    General rant at the previous owners of our house. They left us a flea problem, and even if they thought it was taken care of months ago, they should have at least let us know. Ugh.

I hope he gets his Daddy's kindness, and my organization. (I missed last week, so I only have to say nice things about us.) :D
  • DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited November 2017
    @JBcakes08 I've had two anterior placentas and from what you describe they all sound familiar to the timing and feelings I felt.  I don't really remember substantial movement until third trimester.  Honestly, I have a posterior placenta with this baby and I just started feeling regular movements within the last week.  They aren't anything major, just light taping and a little push that I can feel from the outside sometimes.  It's still early.
    @ShawnnaO I hope you get answers.  I know the anxiety you can feel when you question whether something is wrong.  I am sure everything is ok, though.  Thinking of you guys.

1-How far along are you? How big is baby? 23 weeks

2-How are you feeling?  

3-What's going on this week? Any appointments? No, passed my one hour glucose last week.  That's a dually a surprise.  When I eat carbs I tend to swell, so I suspect something, but I guess it isn't GD.

4-Rants/Raves/Questions:. i am gaining a shit ton of weight, which sucks.  I still eat pretty healthy and workout, so it sucks.  Oh well.  I am just one of those ladies that gains a lot during pregnancy.  Rave, I have had a burst of energy and actually straightened my hair.  I also intiated sex, which pretty much never happens regardless of pregnancy.  

Name one trait you hope baby DOES get from you and one that you hope baby DOES get from your SO.  My SO can memorize and absurd amount of facts.  I want her to have his memorization skills and love of life.  He's always fun.  I want her to have my drive and determination.  I also want her to have my ability to redefine what makes her happy as she goes through life and deals with challenges.  I think that has served me well and I watch lots of people suffer because they can't handle challenges and disappointment.

Edit typo
  • I've noticed some of my responses never posted which is awesomeee

@DDRRT1982 thank you! I had a dr appointment today and she was asking about movement and suggesting we try kick counts next month. All I could think was, how am I supposed to count movement I can't even feel? You not feeling much until 3rd trimester calms my nerves. I feel like any day now I'm waiting for a punch. 

@ShawnnaO that's so scary about food poisoning! I hope you're doing better!

@becausescience putting the whole bump against him is a good idea! I will definitely try that. I've been trying to put my hand on my stomach when I feel rumbles and there's just nothing. Anterior placenta sucks. I wonder if I'll ever seen an elbow or something lol. Thank you, ladies! 

• @ShawnnaO How'd the appt for your DD go today? 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @becausescience @DDRRT1982 well I kind of got answers but I’m more than a little disappointed/frustrated with the doctor. My daughter cried the whole time, very uncharacteristic for her so I was a little flustered trying to talk over her screaming. But the doctor said that P has full range of motion and from the little bit of crawling we got her to do, she said it looks like she’s probably just getting ready to become a full time walker. So that’s great and all; I’m super relieved.

But before she left I mentioned to her that I know sometimes asymmetrical crawling can be an early sign of autism, and did she think it was something I needed to bring up with our Prinary Care pediatrician? The doctor sighed so deeply and went “that’s a lot of testing, so I’m not even going to get in to that.” I’m sorry, WHAT? You’re a doctor, it’s your job to answer my questions, and I’m literally just asking if you think I need to be worried about it. 

Ultimately, I’m not too worried. P has hit all her milestones and shows no other signs of autism aside from the random weird crawling. But the doctors response just really frustrated me, to the point that I cried when I got home (I’m a frustrated crier) 

thank you for your concern ladies, it means a lot to me  <3 I’m glad that it looks like P is just getting ready to walk a little more frequently. 
  • @ShawnnaO I am so sorry.  I'd probably get a second opinion just for piece of mind and information gathering.
  • @DDRRT1982 her 15 month wellness check up is in a couple weeks. I’m going to keep an eye on it and double check with her actual doctor then. She didn’t asymmetrical crawl at all today after the appointment so I do think the doctor was right about her just transitioning. But agreed, I will definitely be bringing it up with our primary care pediatrician