Infertility

Polyps?

Any of you ladies dealt with/dealing with polyps?  My RE suspects one (maybe two) based on my last ultrasound.  If not pg this month he plans to explore with SHG (HSG a few months ago didn't show anything) and potential hysteroscopy to remove if polyps are found.  He said only ~10% of subfertile women deal with polyps so I know I may not get a huge response but just wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experience or any insight. Thanks!
TTC History in Spoiler
Me: 29  DH:34
TTC 21 cycles
All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
IUI #2 March 14, BFN
IUI #3 April 11, BFN
IUI #4 May 11, BFN
July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
October 2018 FET-BFN
November 2018 FET-TBD

Re: Polyps?

• Hi @wishing-and-hoping - I had a polyp that miraculously appeared after about my 4th round of clomid. I'd had a lot of imaging done throughout my other rounds, and before starting IF treatments, so I know it wasn't there before.

I think it's pretty common for women to develop polyps while undergoing treatments. I've also heard stories about women with polyps that have to be removed before starting treatment.

I ended up having the polyp removed a couple of months after they noticed it, but before we did our first FET. 

Polyps suck, because they can slow everything down. But they can be removed!

Good luck!
  • Ditto @funkykey, I've seen many women on here who have polyps that seem to appear during treatment. While it's a huge drag to face a delay, fortunately they are easy to take care of and don't seem to have any long-term effects post-removal. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • My doctor found a polyp when she repeated my SHG after a year, so we proceeded with our two ivf retrieval cycles and then did the polypectomy prior to frozen transfer.  I know of other women on here that happened to as well.  Not the worst thing in the world, really not a big deal!  Just a short delay to get it taken care of, like maybe one cycle max, but sometimes not even, which won't even matter in the grand scheme of things, when we are holding our babies. ❤ GL
  • I developed a polyp when TTC #2, found during SHG. Quick and easy removal as outpatient surgery. I took that day off only because of the anesthesia, totally fine the next day. 
    Melissa 39 - DH 45
    TTC # 1 - 4 years, 7 IUIs, 3 IVF, 1 FET, 2 M/C, DD 2015 :)
    TTC # 2 - IVF # 4 March 2017 Long Lupron, 150 Gonal F, 150 Menopur
                                 21R, 12M, 7F, Transferred 2 Froze 1 - BFN
                    FET # 2  May 2017 - BFN
                    IVF # 5 Sep 2017 - Antagonist, no BCP.  200 iu Follistim, 150 iu Menopur, Cetrotide started day 5, Lupron trigger
                                 19R, 13M, 12F, No Transfer - 2 "beautiful" blasts frozen
                    FET # 3 Nov 2017
  • I actually just had some small ones removed yesterday. I had never had any before, but I believe the longer you are on meds/cycling, the more likely they are to pop up. Not a big deal, but the delay sucked. Feeling back to normal today!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • ***lurking***
    *tw- mc and pregnancy mentioned 

They found polyps after I miscarried from our fresh ivf transfer. They also found remnants from the miscarriage and both things alone would have warranted them to go in and "clean things out" for lack of a better term.
    So I had the minor surgery and a couple months later we did our fet and both embryos took. The surgery was easy and had zero recovery time.

I think polyps are extremely common. 
    Good luck on your journey.
  • Thanks to everyone for sharing, and so glad everyone had such easy recovery.  I guess I will likely know more in about 3 weeks, but good to know that it will be dealt with one way or another.  Sometimes I wish I could fast forward a few weeks - like every TWW! - and especially now since I'm facing two unknowns.  This year I am definitely thankful for the busyness that Thanksgiving will bring.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD