November 2017 Moms
Options

For Fun: Post-Partum-what are you looking forward to?

Ok, for ladies still waiting for their LO to arrive (or ladies with their LO's here too), what are you looking forward to?

Of course spending time with the baby and there will lots of interesting changes (both good and bad), but what are things you have been looking forward to once pregnancy is over? Let's keep it light and fun!

Re: For Fun: Post-Partum-what are you looking forward to?

• Options
    I am looking forward to:

1. Eating sushi again!!!! (I want to get some the first week post-partum if possible. I love sushi and have missed eating it. I know some women will eat it throughout, but we live in a land locked state and while I have no qualms about it normally, didn't want to run the risk during pregnancy.

2. Not worrying about how done my meat is for meals. I hate well done anything...I love steaks at medium, burgers with pink in the middle and even pork at medium...ready to not have to worry about it.

3. Fitting in my Frye boots again (hopefully). I bought a lovely pair back in May as a reward for finishing my master's degree. I love them and wanted to wear them this Fall...but my feet have swollen and are too fat to fit right now :(

4. Margaritas. I love frozen margaritas and I don't really drink often. But I loved going out once or twice a month to have one during happy hour. Looking forward to a frozen, strawberry mango swirl margarita in the near future.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 what a fun post! Can’t wait to read what everyone writes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I miss wine. I don’t drink really often, but with the holidays coming, I’m really craving a glass. 

Eating sweet treats. Ive had to monitor blood sugar the last two months of pregnancy so I haven’t had anything sweet and I cannot wait for Christmas treats! 

Feeling attractive again. I’ve felt so blah during this pregnancy. I can’t wait to have enough energy to work out, put on cute clothes, and wear makeup again. 

• Options
    @littlemissc17 + 1 to feeling attractive again at some point. I know there will be a recovery time and adjustment...but just being this big has made me hate getting dressed (which is difficult anyway) and not liking how anything fits at this point. I don't have an ideal weight or anything in mind, but I just want to get closer to my "normal" size again.
  • Options
    feeling more comfortable physically, having a glass of wine with my husband, and seeing how the new baby and my toddler interact. I'm also really looking forward to 3 months off work!
  • Options
    Having my body back. I love being pregnant and think my belly is so cute but I miss being me and not being an incubator. Not to mention this 50+ extra lbs is really putting a lot of stress on my small frame.

Not worrying about the foods I'm eating. I miss runny eggs, pork (baby hasn't been a fan and I want bacon and sausage damnit!) And lunchmeats - I loveee roast beef subs, but not hot. And blue cheese!

But honestly the biggest thing is seeing my parents with their first grandchild and my husband with our first. I cannot wait to see them transform 
  • Options
    I thought I would be rushing to have a glass of wine or cider, or the GF beer my husband brews for me.  But ... nearly 10mo of nothing has apparently made the habit stick.

I am looking forward to sleeping on my back, and sleeping in touching distance of my husband! (Assuming I sleep, haha.) I’m looking forward to having time to get to know my little girl before I have to go back to work. 

• Options
    1. Sleeping on my stomach

2. Wine!! I love it but am going to try to avoid it for another 3 months pp just to be on the safe side while bfing

3. Being able to get dressed without running out of breath haha
  • Options
    Knottie19640588 Yes, getting dressed without running out of breath, feeling like I am going to topple over or taking a ridiculous amount of time to simply put on socks or pants would be nice!
  • Options
    Spooning, getting up without grunting, being able to see the bones in my feet, and being able to feel with my hands!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 Haha...love the grunting comment! I have been doing that too. DH actually looked at me like I was crazy the other night because I did an exceptionally loud and long grunt trying to get up off the couch. I just said, "What? You try to carry around an extra 30 pound bowling ball" He didn't say anything...
  • Options
    I've enjoyed being able to sleep on my back, I'd sleep on my stomach if it weren't got these milk boobs. I like being able to kiss DH without being a foot away from him. I had a sip or two of his beer, I'm not ready for a full glass of wine until I know DS will be satisfied for more than an hour.  
    Do like not having what I eat limited ALSO I can have up to 5 cups of coffee a day even with EBF, that's from la leche.  
  • Options
    I can't wait to not have to work so hard just to stand up from a chair. 

Feelinf like your bladder will explode, barely having anything to pee, and repeating 20 minutes later will not be missed. 

I look forward to getting to snuggle with my husband and not requiring a 5 minute pillow rearrangement in bed everytime I move

rare steak with a glass of red wine. 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    I'm looking forward to being able to get out of bed easily. 
    All the coffee. 
    But what I'm looking forward to the most is seeing DH transform into a daddy. I've always known he will make a great dad, but it will be so exciting to watch him with our daughter. I absolutely can't wait. 
  • Options
    I still have recovery but I can not wait to wear my clothes. I hated maternity clothes and just want my clothes. 

Also margaritas!!

Love the getting up without grunting comment haha!! And being able to just roll over in bed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Some of the things I have been enjoying:
    not feeling nauseous / tummy discomfort all the time; eating anything I want and feeling satisfied afterwards; not gagging from brushing my teeth ; sleeping in most any position (still a little uncomfortable on my tummy / incision site)

I haven't had a glass of wine yet - honestly I'm just too tired and while everything I read says it's ok to have a little alcohol and BF (I did with DD), I've also read that preemies may be more sensitive to it. I figure thanksgiving will be a good time to have a glass. 

Im really excited to wear my regular clothes but I'm not quite there yet. I'm mostly wearing sweats/loungewear. If I go out I wear maternity jeans and a looser top. Hopefully soon!
  • Options
    @mymulligan I rock sweats every day at home and put on my maternity jeans to go out. My regular tops won't work for nursing. 

• Options
    Runny eggs, medium steaks, lunch meat and feta!!

shaving!

mostly looking forward to the chronic sciatica across my butt and down my legs being nonexistent!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sushi & beer are definitely at the top of my list!
  • Options
    I will also not miss the nightly restless legs battle and feeling like a fire breathing dragon despite high doses of Zantac 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    Sleeping on my stomach has been the best part! Also having real coffee again instead of decaf 
  • Options
    Not gonna lie- WINE!!! And having more clothes- even my maternity clothes are getting hard to wear 
  • Options
    Wearing my own clothing, sleeping without a pillow between my knees. Snuggling with DH and kids. Cider, wine, and amaretto. I'm also looking forward to seeing my boys interact with their new sister and my DH with the little girl he always wanted.

• Options
    I can't wait for most of this weight to come off so my arthritis that's on top of my sciatic nerve will stop bothering me 24/7.
    Being able to move in my sleep without waking up to do it. 
    Being able to get up from the couch or bed without struggling! 
    There's so much more, I'm just ready to be done.