TTC After a Loss

November WTO

Re: November WTO

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    yes maam! @honeybeebub - crinone is super expensive.  The pills are the cheapest but caused me heartburn tiredness and puking.  I found a compounding lab in our area that I paid directly in cash no insurance for $2 a suppository. So $28 for 2 weeks.  See if you can find one in your area.  Also you should have a max oop ded with your insurance pharmacy benefits.  Mine was $100 that I would pay every year so all the other months it wasn't as bad but yeah not cheap.  They didn't even approve the dose I would need only the lower dose so I would have had to double up on it.  That was a headache I didn't even need cause my prog is totally fine at a 14.

Speaking of insurance thankfully everything went smoothly paying for all the bloodwork I had done with my new naturopath doc.  It was charge at $2700 and I only have to pay $11 thank god!  I was nervous something bad would happen and I'd have to call to fix it.

Creamy CM just started this AM.  Just like always.  I had 2 dry days and now we are on the path to O.  Told DH he'd be working overtime next week.  And I plan on using a full applicator of preseed every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vlagrl29 great news your insurance covered the blood work- almost 3k for blood work is crazy!

Have fun with BD next week! We are right in the fertile window now- cd 14 and I’m predicted to O Sunday/ Monday. I wanted to use pre-seed each time with the applicator bit it turns out I’m out!   :|  and i haven't found it in Europe yet. Ugh. Hopefully my EWCM is good enough! 

• Loading the player...
  • amazon has it @jchpg

I decided to work on my mind too this month get more positive - find some mantra like "i am fertile" "i'm awesome" lol - truth is I've been way negative about this entire thing since the loss.  heck i'm still young I think, active, fit and damn right my repoductive system is still highly functioning no matter what anyone says.
  • My progesterone is $40 for 30 day supply
  • @tosh24 @Mack2342 what kind are you on? They were giving me endometrin. I’m hoping that insurance will pick up some of the cost but she told me that it’s being billed as infertility. So, will have to call and have that discussion with them. 

@vlagrl29 if the price really works out to be that high maybe I will try this. Glad that your blood work is being covered! That’s a huge financial relief! 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• Today is O day! I have had the most ridiculously dark OPK I've ever had. Any darker and the test line would be black. I also NEVER get EWCM (only have a few times in the last 8-9 years, one of which was the cycle I got pregnant with my first loss) but oh my - my body must be doing something right this month! Have BD'd the last couple of days and will BD today and again tomorrow for good measure. Then it's off into the TWW. I have a progesterone test on Monday to make sure I've O'd so that I can start my estrogen priming for my IVF cycle. FX that the threat of IVF gets my body pregnant on its own this month....Happy Bding to those of you who will be entering your FW this weekend  B)
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @honeybeebub I had mine compounded like @vlagrl29
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• DH was in the mood last night but I was exhausted so I just pretty much laid there lol.  I did however use the pre seed applicator for the first time last night.  I noticed it was a lot messier afterwards and this morning. 
  • @vlagrl29 omg so messy! Def requires a morning shower
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • tmi but i still have stuff coming out of me lol @shri929 - I think for all future BD this week I'm going to keep layed down and legs up for a bit.
  • I think I've had a really big breakthru the last few days and I'm feeling happier. I didn't realize how negative my thought pattern has been since the loss. Once I started paying attention I really noticed. So I'm working on getting rid of those and replacing with positive thoughts. I was talking to dh about it tonight at dinner and got a little emotional. We got out in the car and I just let it all out. He hates seeing me cry. It just feels like such a relief and I believe every aspect of my life will be better now without bad thoughts.
  • @vlagrl29 That's awesome. It's so hard replacing those negative thoughts with positive/adaptive ones. I bet it felt great after you let it all out too! 

Have fun with all the BDing everyone! 
  • I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm still waiting to O... hoping to get a positive test tomorrow morning.... it looks like after quite a few months of getting things back to normal after my loss I've setteled into having a pretty late O date, I'm glad it's regular but it really draws out this wait and cycle of TTC every month  :|
  • EWCM has officially started this morning - kinda earlier than normal.
  • CD19 over here and really wondering what's up with my body. No O yet. Last month was CD20 after the surgery, so I figured that things just got thrown off from that but would be back to normal this month. I even thought that I might O early because I've had strong OPK lines, but not positive. Normally I O on CD17 every month. I'm just not sure if this is something I should be concerned about and call the RE up or what :(
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• @honeybeebub you could call and ask.  I have read that body can gear up to O and then something happen ie stress and body doesn’t O then but might O later.  
  • I'm sure you will O just later than normal @honeybeebub
  • honeybeebubhoneybeebub member
    edited November 2017
    @Mack2342 @vlagrl29 Thanks ladies. I'm probably being BSC and worrying about luteal phase defect. How do you determine if you'd had a LPD if you get pregnant? I had a ton of blood tests done at RE, so I'm assuming they would have come up if I did actually have this? I am not sure about calling and asking about my Dr. Google findings...but I'm only on progesterone after a positive test, not after O. I read the following: 
    short luteal phase is one that lasts fewer than 10 days. The hormone progesterone is essential to implantation and a successful pregnancy. ... A short luteal phase is one cause of infertility. If you do become pregnant after ovulation, a short luteal phase can result in an early miscarriage.
    Edited to add progesterone info. 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• @tosh24 I missed your update somehow! Hopefully these are THE signs and your TWW goes by quickly! 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• @honeybeebub - A short LP defect is in fact that with a LP less than 10 days.  IT doesn't give enough time for the seed to implant in the uterus.  I'm sure you do NOT have that.  But keep track of this cycle so you can confirm that at least for this month.  You're stressing yourself out too much.  I can't tell you how much better I feel mentally in the last few days.  I want to pass this onto others here in the WTO :)
  • @vlagrl29  I know, I swear I'm making myself absolutely BSC. I'm putting way too much pressure on this cycle, since now I'm finally off the bench. I will definitely track it though for this month. I went back to my app and counted for the last cycle +OPK CD20, which calculates out to 12 days. Thanks for talking me off the ledge girl! <3  
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• 3 days in a row of EWCM calls for more BD tonight. I have so much of it I'm not sure we even need pre seed tonight.
  • I’m dying here- cd19 no sign of O. I’m not sure what’s going on... I do have a lot of EWCM though.
    edited November 2017
    @jchpg if you still have ewcm O will probably be soon. For me it's usually when it dries up a bit.  Speaking of I wanted to get BD in tonight since I've had ewcm for 3 days and decided to wear lingerie for dh. Gosh that got Him all excited and he just keep going and going. I had not planned on using pressed but had to twice! Glad we got it in because tomorrow and Thursday night it won't happen so Friday will be the next time.
  • @vlagrl29 I hope so! It’s so nerve wracking. I'm glad you got in some good BD! 
  • @jchpg I feel you on the no sign of O. Such a let down :( I would go based on the EWCM though... 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• I cried most of yesterday (thank goodness I was working from home) and today I'm just more annoyed than anything. I finally get surgery and I'm off the bench after 6 months, and now I can't catch O. CD21, nothing. There were a few questionable OPKs around my fertile time that were darker, but not a glaring positive like usual. I thought maybe I would just O late this month, like last month, but yesterday and today went to stark white OPKs, like when I first test after AF. No real EWCM going on either, been kind of dry this month. So either I O'ed and missed it on OPK or I didn't ovulate at all. What are your thoughts ladies? Should I continue to WTO (I'll keep testing anyways just in case) or head over to TWW? Is there any way that my RE could confirm O? 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• jchpg What day do you normally O?  I'm sitting on CD 21 with no O yet. Temp hasn't increased and I've had 5 days of 'high' fertility on my advanced digital OPK. I usually only get 2-4 days of high before peak. Ugh!  I just want my biopsy so I can get off the bench!!!!

honeybeebub have you been tracking your temps or CM? It sucks being in limbo and not knowing where you are. I guess just DTD and hope for the best?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

edited November 2017
    @honeybeebub - that's hard to say. Maybe the surgery did kinda mess your cycle up for 1 month. I'm not sure. They can confirm O thru the 7dpo prog test or cd21. Go by the date you normally ovulate and count 7 days past that to get blood drawn.
  • Woke up. POAS to check for O. Only to realize too late that it was actually a pregnancy test. Grrrr. Guess i should wake up more before POAS.
  • @kath525 - i wish there was a laughing option on your post :)
  • What the heck @honeybeebub and @dpjennifer - why all the late Os.?!...maybe there is a full moon. I just held in peeing for the last few hours and biked home in the freezing cold so that I could POAS and get my smiley face...and no, instead a get another freaking empty circle. What the heck? Ive got crazy EWCM though... I know with the clear blue easy O tests youre not supposed to look at the lines-  but it does look like one of my lines is getting darker so I’m hoping for a smile tomorrow morning.

@dpjennifer I normally O cd 15-16, today is cd19. While I’m not a huge fan of temping I’ve been doing it for almost two months now- so hopefully if something is up with my O test at least I’ll know if I O or not depending on my temps. 

I was hoping to know if this was my month by Thanksgiving... guess that won’t happen now. Meh. 
  • jchpg I usually O somewhere around day 20, so this isn't too late for me. But, 5 days of 'High' fertility without a peak is a bit odd.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer I feel like my cycles are so long at 31-32 days...you must just go crazy. 

And @honeybeebub I have been going by CM too- it’s been EWCM since cd11... so we started ED BD, we’ve gotten tired so not we’re back to EOD- DH and I are both anxiously awaiting O for a break.... :|

@kath525 that’s hilarious. Too bad you didn’t get a nice positive surprise!
  • Oh boy so that HSG was... unpleasant and uncomfortable. There was a very sweet student there though (just observing). Turns out my doctor now wants to schedule a hysteroscopy for me to double check the uterine shape. Time to get my money’s worth out of my health insurance, I guess. 

DH is out of town, of course- pretty sure he’s getting back late on my O day. Maybe no luck this month lol. 
  • whew you girls that BD ED - my hat is off to you.  No Bueno!
  • @honeybeebub My RE was able to confirm ovulation via transvaginal ultrasound last month. He pointed out the “ring of fire” on my right ovary where there was increased capillary activity. That was at 11dpo, so I imagine they could confirm it even sooner. I’d call them if you’re concerned.

@lin0442 My HSG was pretty horrible too. And my uterus was sore for a couple days afterwards as well. Hope your hysteroscopy goes well! 
  • so I had all my CD3 blood work done last december and made sure I had it sent to my now OB.  Was wondering if they test AMH in that and the nurse didn't think so.  Why the F not - kind of important right?  So my OB is out of office today but his nurse will call me back tomorrow and see if I can get AMH - apparently it's blood test.  I don't see why they can't do it.  I'll let them know I have zero RE coverage for it lol.
  • @honeybeebub I don't know, you still might ovulate. Last month I went from dark(ish) line to nothing and then a few days later I got a positive OPK. Keep testing! And I think your OB can tell if you ovulated by ultrasound. At my first ultrasound appointment with my OB after getting pregnant both times, they were able to tell that I ovulated on my left side. 

CD 10 for me and I meant to take an OPK this morning but totally forgot. Unlikely that I ovulated early though, so I'm going to start testing tomorrow. No EWCM yet anyway. There's actually a good chance that DH is going to be offered a full time job with good health insurance soon, which came out of nowhere. I was joking that DH would get a job only earlier this week. So fx and I think it's a go for this cycle! 
  • so what is DHEA?  I got all my results from last year that I can send my doctors.  The only thing out of range was DHEA and it was just 2 points higher than normal range.