May 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check In (week of 11/6): First Week of May 4/29-5-5

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the First Week of May 4/29-5/5 

How far along are you? What size is baby this week?

What symptoms are you having?

Rants/Raves:

Any questions this week?

GTKY: (Stolen from another BMB) Tell us about the worst/most awkward/most cringe-worthy date you've ever been on.

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
Married June 2012
BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

Re: Due Date Check In (week of 11/6): First Week of May 4/29-5-5

• Options
    How far along are you? What size is baby this week?  I will be 15 weeks tomorrow

What symptoms are you having?  Still sore boobs and tired because of the time change.

Rants/Raves:  My appointment is finally tomorrow.  And I absolutely now don't want to go at all.  

Any questions this week?  I don't think so.

GTKY: (Stolen from another BMB) Tell us about the worst/most awkward/most cringe-worthy date you've ever been on.  I met a guy (I can't remember where....it may have been through MySpace or something) and we went to see a movie.  I really wasn't that attracted to him in person and he just stared at me the whole time awkwardly.  I couldn't wait to get out of there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bcmountainmama, this isn't my due date week, but now I totally want to hear your stories!!! 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @abhphilly  we have all three, and oddly my first hated the rocker and swing and but loved the bouncer. Of course the rocker and swing were the hand me downs we already had but the bouncer was the greatest thing we ever bought for baby. 
    a bouncer is a chair that bounces on a pivot. Ours also vibrates. This devices saved my sanity as it’s the only thing my child could be set down in if it being held. 
    A swing literally swings back and forth with a motor. Often has sounds and lights too.
    a rocker is like a rock and play. Like a tilted bassinet that tips back and forth. 
  • Options
    @bcmountainmama also not my week but do tell!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? What size is baby this week? 14 weeks, baby is the size of an avocado or yellow canary. 

none

Rants/Raves: My son has been running a fever for the last day and a half. I think he's almost over it. DH's empathy for a sick kiddo: "stop crying!"

Any questions this week? None

GTKY: (Stolen from another BMB) Tell us about the worst/most awkward/most cringe-worthy date you've ever been on. Maybe the time my car got towed when I spent a few hours at a guy's house.  I got to pay for 2 days storage even though they only had it a few hours because they picked it up before midnight. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? What size is baby this week?
    15 weeks today. An orange or Spongebob

Rapid weight gain a symptom? -.- Also constipation. I broke down and bought stool softeners.

Rants/Raves:
    I too would like a legit looking bump because my front looks like Jabba the Hut waiting for the bump to fill out the flubber.

Any questions this week?

GTKY: (Stolen from another BMB) Tell us about the worst/most awkward/most cringe-worthy date you've ever been on.
    So I haven't had a lot of these, but one stands out for me. DH and I had broken up for a while because we made a lot of stupid choices. He didn't want to get back together and I'm hyper socially inept, so I decided to make a craigslist ad to meet people. This guy I knew from youth group responded to me asking if I was indeed Ivy, and I gave him my number. He spent a lot of time telling me how being in the service helped him grow up and that he was more mature than he was in high school. Absolutely not accurate... We started off at a local bar and hung out for a bit and I kept looking for reasons to leave. He kept bragging about his haircut (he was bald) and how he looked just like wolverine with his facial hair (it was the same style, but he looks nothing like Hugh Jackman AND it was cut horribly uneven...) I made the suggestion that we go get dinner at Applebee's and called my sister to bail me out. She recommended I call him before I get there and tell him that I had to go to the hospital to take care of my nephew with her. So I did and I didn't really keep talking to him after that... I felt like I was on a date with a 12 y/o the entire time -.-
  • Options
    How far along are you? What size is baby this week? 15 weeks today!  Apple

What symptoms are you having? Sciatica.  Kill me now, please!

Rants/Raves: DH is awesome about helping.  I would be lost without him.

Any questions this week? Anyone have home remedies for sciatica?

GTKY: (Stolen from another BMB) Tell us about the worst/most awkward/most cringe-worthy date you've ever been on. Our bishop slung his arm around this guy's shoulders and told him to ask me out.  He did and it was just plain awkward from start to finish!  We had NOTHING to say to each other.  I was so glad to get home. Not much of a story, I know.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Options
    Any questions this week? Anyone have home remedies for sciatica?
    Not specific to sciatica but I've had pain on the left side of my tail bone since conception I swear. I have to take the time to stretch in different ways twice a day or I can't walk. I do the "downward dog" yoga pose and focus on releasing my sits bones away from each other. I also do what we always called a front attitude stretch. You start laying down and cross your right foot onto your left knee, then pull the left thigh towards your left shoulder. You have to be sure to do both sides and not just the side you're feeling pain in.

• Options
    @crazyliblady there are stretches on Pinterest that help, but last time I was pregnant a DO completely fixed mine- like, I went from limping to not limping in 24 hours. DOs are trained in manipulation and he did a strain/counterstrain of the piriformis. Any physical therapist should be able to do it, too, but call around and find a DO who can do it since their co-pay is usually lower.
  • Options
    @cups4 highlight of that story was a few years later I was talking to his younger brother and that phone call came up. Turns out my husband, his brother and friends were smoking weed together when I called and told him (makes sense that his response after I told him was “I’ll call you back later.”) he hung up, looked at them and said “she’s pregnant” and started crying. They picked on him for being the last of all them for losing his virginity and the first to knock a girl up.