July 2018 Moms

STM+ Check-In

Re: STM+ Check-In

• Hi guys! I have not been posting much cause I’ve been trying to get my name to NOT be “knottie” ... haha oh well! In the process!

I have a 16 month old daughter, and I was a little nervous to get pregnant because of the whole “will I be able to give her enough love with a new baby” thing. We just went for it, and now I’m mostly just excited! She loves babies, and taking care of all her baby dolls, and I am excited to be able to give her a little sibling. :smile:

aside from the exhaustion that’s making me feel like the WORST mom ever of course!
  • We just moved last month and one of our dogs passed away on Monday. All of that combined with these pregnancy hormones means I've basically been crying and in a depressed state all week. And then I cried some more because I'm scared that the stress is going to hurt baby. Aside from morning sickness for 12 weeks straight, my first pregnancy was relatively easy so I'm convinced this one is not going to be. Just waiting for our first appointment on December 7th (my doctor is conveniently on vacation during my week 8). Hoping time moves quickly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all! DS is almost 19 months and I’m so exhausted I feel bad for not having the energy to play with him as usual. My first pregnancy was super tough and it actually makes me worry that it’s too easy right now. Betas look good at least. With DS I bled all first tri but not this time around so far. No sickness again but I can see the breakouts coming on. I have my first appointment next Monday. I’m just trying to stay neutral till then but I hope I hope I can enjoy this pregnancy more. I’m seriously scared of DSs kicking tantrums and kicking me in the uterus/stomach. 
  • @magzor glad his appointment went well! L continues to struggle at night not sure what the problem is 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @mamabird18 you are definitely not the worst mom ever ! 

• edited November 2017
    @castlec3 Losing a pet is so hard. Put that with a move (SO hard, SO stressful!) and Of course you're emotionally wrung out. Hang in there, hon. I'm so sorry you lost your sweet companion. 
  • celainev said:
    STM here! (So weird to say because I feel like it wasn’t that long ago I was posting FTM on everything!) DS will be 2 next month! 
    I am not nervous about having another baby, which is strange because I didn’t have an easy pregnancy last time and had major anxiety when he was born. But for some reason I am filled with peace this time around! I do feel a bit of guilt because DS is watching a bit more tv then I like due to my nausea, but I’m trying to brush that off!
    Omg yes.... so much guilt but also thank goodness for the TV!!!!
  • @castlec3 aw I'm sorry about your pup, losing pets is so heartbreaking.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @castlec3 I'm so sorry for the loss of your doggie :(

I feel like my pregnancy with my 2 year old DD flew by. Now I'm sitting here like omg I won't even be 5 weeks till Sunday this is taking foreeeeeeeeeever. I found out at 8 and a half weeks with DD and 3 and a half weeks with this pregnancy. Even my first ultrasound on Dec 1 seems so far away. Other than that I'm all smiles and gratitude lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My kid is just watching way too much television. 
  • KFrob said:
    I was super excited, we were trying, and then the second time mama panic set in.  Will I have enough time for DD?  Will I have enough time for LO?  How can I possibly love them both enough?  Will DD change bc of LO?  Aaaaahhhhh all the irrational worries.  
    I had a complete meltdown on Tuesday saying all of this to DH about DS. it was rough... I am so nervous this time around. it's crazy! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• @castlec3 My first appt is Dec 7 as well! (8w2d)

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• djh513 said:
    @castlec3 My first appt is Dec 7 as well! (8w2d)
    @djh513 awesome. I'll be 9w3d. I was so bummed when I called and they said my doctor would be on vacation during my week 8. A whole extra week is dreadful lol
  • wildtot said:
    Hi all! DS is almost 19 months and I’m so exhausted I feel bad for not having the energy to play with him as usual. My first pregnancy was super tough and it actually makes me worry that it’s too easy right now. Betas look good at least. With DS I bled all first tri but not this time around so far. No sickness again but I can see the breakouts coming on. I have my first appointment next Monday. I’m just trying to stay neutral till then but I hope I hope I can enjoy this pregnancy more. I’m seriously scared of DSs kicking tantrums and kicking me in the uterus/stomach. 
    Oh, my 19mo old never has kicking tantrums. Bahahaha! Just kidding. 

He also hit hit me in the face with a plastic spatula this morning and laughed. Mom hood is so glamorous! 
    Omg yeah I try to pretend cry when he hits me and he just laughs or stares at me lol 
  • @castlec3 So sorry about your dog. We lost our dog October 11th and it’s been so hard. He was my big baby for 13 years. 

STM here. My little dude is 3 1/2 and he’s awesome but also pretty difficult. He was an easy baby, but toddler and preschool age has been rough. I’m not really worried about a second because I figure next go round can’t be any worse, and I might just be crazy lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey mamas! Second time mom here and I’m planning to get my 15 month old DS a baby doll for Christmas to try to help explain that he’s going to be a big brother next year. He has been trying to say baby for a few weeks now and it’s adorable. He also has been getting a little better with less open mouth kisses and more “real kisses,” except last night when he bit my lip  :#  So excited and nervous to be pregnant with a super active LO! I’m hoping over the next few months I can teach him to get in and it of his car seat on his own and a few other things to make pregnant life a little easier- he’s almost 30 lbs already  :o
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @christycalifornia My LO is currently 4.5 months!! This also likely means 2 under 1.

You got this lady! My first two kids are 12 months apart so I can relate. The first year was hard (not going to lie), but I love it now. They’re 4 and almost 3.
  • Hi ladies! So when are you all planning on telling your older kid(s)? I’m struggling trying to decide.
  • Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here. Hope it's ok if I jump in! This will be baby number three for me (Two sons - ages 4
    and 2). I am definitely wondering how it will go when we are outnumbered, but I am SO looking forward to having another baby! My question is how do I shop with three? :# I have no idea where everyone will sit or ride in the shopping cart AND be able to get my groceries in the cart. 
    Hi! When my youngest was a baby I would wear her, put my son in the top spot of the cart, and put my oldest in the bottom spot of the cart. There was still enough room for groceries although we tend to make 1-2 small trips a week. Once I have #4 my plan is to wear the baby, put #3 in the top, and have the older two walk.
  • Bahaha @TalesOfASocialIntrovert Your gif is perfect! That's hilarious. Yes, 2 under 1 will be insane for a little while but then it'll be over. You're just ripping the bandaid off! 

My son is 9 months tomorrow and I can't imagine what life will be like with 2 under 2. He and this LO will be 16 months apart and my sister and I are 15 months apart. We really weren't very close growing up but we are best friends now. I guess I'm more worried about my son feeling neglected once the new baby gets here. It kills me to think about it.  :'(
  • abcdmommy said:
    Hi ladies! So when are you all planning on telling your older kid(s)? I’m struggling trying to decide.
    I was going to wait until 12 weeks, but DH and I never really talked about it and he ended up telling SD who is 4 (almost 5).  She came home last Friday night, walked in the door before DH and said "hey Kari, you got a baby in your belly?  Let me see".  I just worry about something going wrong and trying to explain it to her.  DD is 22 months and we told her also, but she seems to forget unless we talk about it.  But I think its fun to talk about with them even though I have the worry in the back of my mind.  
  • Anyone else have family that didn’t seem excited for you? My BIL didn’t seem exciting and my SIL never said anything- not even a text. Kinda bothers me. I have endo and have had to “plan” my pregnancies. 
  • Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here. Hope it's ok if I jump in! This will be baby number three for me (Two sons - ages 4
    and 2). I am definitely wondering how it will go when we are outnumbered, but I am SO looking forward to having another baby! My question is how do I shop with three? :# I have no idea where everyone will sit or ride in the shopping cart AND be able to get my groceries in the cart. 
    I also have two boys ages 2 and 4! Shopping with them is hard enough. IVe been doing online ordering and pickup
  • stillcozystillcozy member
    edited November 2017
    @abcdmommy my dd is only 16 months old so she doesnt really get it and considering her new favorite game is to throw her babydoll and bear and shout ouch. we may just wait and surprise her

• @christycalifornia that is so awesome and so sweet! 

• @christycalifornia I hope my daughter is that sweet and thoughtful as she gets older... currently ahe loves throwing her doll and shouting ouch 

• abcdmommy said:
    Hi ladies! So when are you all planning on telling your older kid(s)? I’m struggling trying to decide.
    I told my daughter right away. She's been praying for a little brother or sister for almost a year now, and went through the last loss with us, as much as a three-year-old can. Sure, it means she told her Preschool teachers before I wanted the news out there, but she's been great about not telling friends when I remind her it's a secret. She's so excited, and I wanted her to be able to see the ultrasounds to be part of the journey, and because she loves all doctor-rated stuff. And now she prays for "the baby to grow big an strong an to stay here an not go to heaben." So it was the right decision for our family. 
    That is the sweetest, I’m glad you told her right away. And my 4 year old DD loves all things doctor related too! As I think about it more maybe we’ll tell them after the dating ultrasound. Having those images to share might make it seem more real. With my last pregnancy my kids were 1 and 2 so they really didn’t get it but I think they might have a better grasp this time around. 
  • @abcdmommy my dd is only 16 months old so she doesnt really get it and considering her new favorite game is to throw her babydoll and bear and shout ouch. we may just wait and surprise her
    Haha, it’s funny but this week my youngest DD (14 months) loves her baby doll all of a sudden. She likes to feed it and change it’s diaper the best she can. I hope her love for babies sticks!
  • @abcdmommy yeah, when they're really little it's a different story. I don't think I would have told her if she were a year or more younger until I had something to show her. But she's a precocious little Bean, and I figured if she can ask for a sister she can know what's going on. My best friend is pregnant and her first born is my daughter's best friend, so she knows about sisters. And both my sisters were pregnant last year, so she know about cousins and how babies grow in the tummy. It for sure would have made a difference if she were too young to understand. 
  • @christycalifornia the world needs more people like your daughter❤️❤️
  • @bubby15 Hopefully we're all growing some! <3
  • Hello!  This is my first post in the STM+ thread on this board.  This will be baby number five for us, and while part of me feels "been there, done that", the other part of me thinks "but I'm already so tired"!  
    This will be our last though, so I'm super excited, and the other kids will be too once we tell them :)
  • @bdesterhouse I've had that happen with my kids too!  Two days ago, which was before I got my BFP, my daughter asked if the next baby would be a boy or a girl.  I didn't pay much attention because I thought I was out for this month, but it's kind of freaky!
  • danrud36 said:
    Sorry I'm a little late. Second time mom here! Just wanted to say heeey
    Hey girl, heeeeey!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18