December 2017 Moms
Options

Gift for baby shower hosts?

Had I been on the ball 2 mos ago, I would have put together something really personal and awesome for the hosts of our two baby showers, but I just wasn't. Now there's no way I have the energy to go out and buy, then put together anything awesome, much less figure out how to mail it to our hosts (they live 2 hours away). 

Anyone have any ideas or get their hosts something awesome that I could maybe order online that isn't some cheesy, plastic wrapped basket of fruit and crackers? 
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gift for baby shower hosts?

• Options
    I got one of my hostesses a gift card for a spa treatment.  I am trying to figure out what to get the other one. Have you checked out the site Uncommon Goods? They have some really interesting and creative gifts. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    Oh good idea! I hadn’t thought of that website thanks!
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this same question a while back & was relieved to discover that nothing too over the top was expected (because I had 2 days to deal). We ended up getting a nice bottle of wine for each hostess--they both really like wine and we know their tastes. 
  • Options
    I got one hostess a marble and wooden cheese board with gold cheese knives from crate and barrel, and I got another hostess for my other shower a gift certificate for $100 for her and her husband to go out to dinner at their favorite restaurant. She hates spas, bath products, and makeup. So my normal gifts couldn’t apply ;)
    I had another close friend help out a lot with cleanup and set up for my second shower, and even though she wasn’t an official hostess, I got her a Target gift card - she’s a teacher and mom of 2, so I know she’ll use it. 
  • Options
    I got my hostesses each a Birchbox gift set (the kind with full size products). I picked one that was suited for each of them individually. I even was successful in not ordering anything for myself! 
    Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• Options
    I have had two showers shared between 3 hostesses. 
    I got 1 who doesn’t have a lot of disposable money a nice wedding planning book (she got engaged a week before my shower). 
    1 a bottle of wine and a gift card to a book store as she never spends $$ on herself 

the next, was tough as I’m not super close, she’s busy with university and her job and is active in a church. Wine didn’t work for her, and gift cards felt blah. I remembered at a church fundraiser how excited she was that my dad’s made molasses bread (everyone loves his homemade bread, but this had molasses and wasn’t extra awesome). I made a gift basket of the homemade bread (I have a bread machine so it wasnt much work), a 1L bottle of milk in the basket along with some jam and candy cane caramel corn. I am super proud of that gift! I may use it to inspire some Xmas gifts as everyone loves homemade bread so I may do baskets of bread, wine, cheese, cutting board, knife/spreader, etc.  

I just need an idea for the person hosting my work shower...