Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: UO Thursday 11/9

• oh snap we started this at the same time!
  • Loading the player...
  • @blackhottamales. Oh no!  Eye waited a whole & refreshed before starting, lol. 
    (I’m using Eye until @bumpadmin BGs fix the mobile issue of typing the singular letter). 

Eye saw your post on shoes. I’m an a*hole that has people take off shoes. However...... it is typically only family and super close friends. If you’re randomly stopping by or we host a dinner, eye won’t ask. It makes me SO stabby MIL doesn’t remove her shoes, even after we explained why we do so. 
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited November 2017
    @jrm_14 I think the I thing is an iPhone glitch, not a bump glitch. I know a bunch of people have been having that problem on Facebook too.

@skilledsailor I agree! I mean, maybe if that’s your personality or you happen to be a pro dancer/choreographer, but otherwise, no. Just stop. Do your dance and let me eat/drink in peace.

@smashjam you can do my grocery shopping anytime. It is easily my least favorite chore, especially after going back to work.

AFM: i’m over Halloween candy already. I’m not sure what to do with the HUGE bowl sitting on my counter.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @blackhottamales I totally hear you on the shoes thing! DH hates shoes in the house so he always asks people to take them off but then you have a huge pile of shoes by the front door, hate that look! If people are more comfortable with shoes on they should be able to wear them, especially if they accessorized lol!
    @SmashJam I like grocery shopping too! I get a good playlist going and get through my list while rocking out, it relaxes me for some reason.
    @josie12367 Dont even be ashamed about tswift, i love her too.

My UO: I hate coffee. Everyone thinks im crazy for not needing it but i just cant stand the taste and typically get really wired and sick feeling when I have any kind of caffeine so I would assume coffee would do it to me too. 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @josie12367 seriously? Gross! Had no idea those groups existed. Yuck!
    @darkstar42 Yes! So many people posted tons of pics of their elves and thought it was so funny. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's ridiculous. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • I have another one: I cannot get into Outlander. On its face I should LOVE it but...it seems like a whole bunch of deep musings with crazy scottish trance music and it seems like its trying too hard to be deep. So I can't keep watching it. 

@josie12367 that is gross! Like, I would think that if any place would allow pics of CM it would be here, which is anonymous. Posting pics of that on FB is intense. Also are those groups private? Because who knows how many of those people have the privacy setting that lets people see what you post to and EVERYONE gets to see their CM pics. I'm assuming its private.
  • josie12367josie12367 member
    edited November 2017
    @smashjam Yeah, it's a closed group of 15K...Lol. Still, I would never post anything like that. I immediately removed myself. I just wanted to see if it was worth it...it wasn't. These chicks were posting all kinds of pictures, and asking about ovulating twice, and saying bs like every other sentence. I had a headache from reading that page.

@offtoneverland Yeah, the exist and it's scary. There wasn't one factual piece of ttc support anywhere...it was the blind leading the blind. I could do it, and removed myself within the day. I'm happy right here on TB
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @offtoneverland We have an elf on the shelf and I hate him. He is so much work! I warn anyone that hasn't started yet to stay away because once you're in you're stuck forever.

@josie12367 That is super way TMI! Barf! I hate the people that are ridiculously stupid about TTC issues and ask absurd questions - that's what google is for people!

@SmashJam I loves the books and have been reading them since college - the show sucks so hard!

@kobrien827 I don't love plain coffee on it's own - its gross. Mix it with enough milk and sugar in a latte/mocha/fancy form and I'll drink it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @josie12367 those groups are crazy! People buying progesterone and taking it on their own without a doctor, taking Vitex indiscriminately, CM, period blood... Yikes.

My UO is that I thought Thor: Ragnarok was great. I some of you say it was trying too hard to be funny. Trying? It was hilarious! All the jokes landed for me. I thought it was a fun, refreshing flick. Best Thor movie yet. 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @Dilynne That could be! I'm also Canadian and would never not take my shoes off at someone's house and expect others to do it at mine. Wearing shoes in the house would make for such dirty floors - I can barely keep up with cleaning mine as is! And I picture kids crawling around on floors that have had shoes on them that tracked in stuff from who knows where....*barf* (No offence to anyone who keep shoes on in their house - I have excessive weird germ issues so I'm probably way over thinking this! But seriously - how often do you have to clean your floors? Daily?)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @lalala2004 I loved Thor: Ragnarok! It was totally over the top and I loved it. MH and I were cracking up the whole time.
    @Dilynne and @elolin I'm with you! I always take my shoes off. I'm not Canadian though, so who knows! I usually don't push it with guests unless their shoes are muddy, wet, or snowy. My mom keeps a basket of slippers by her door for guests to wear. I love that idea and will probably adopt it some day. It would give me an excuse to buy more fluffy sl
  • josie12367josie12367 member
    edited November 2017
    @elolin @Dilynne We're not Canadian, but we definitely want people to take their shoes off, though we don't insist that they do...if they want to leave them on we don't make a stink over it...but I do break out my various steam cleaners as soon as they leave. 

I was never this way before I married my DH, but it's in his culture to remove shoes. The first time I ever met his family was pure torture...I wore this lovely, but hard to get on and off easily shoes...I never did that again. I always bring flats now...Lol. A decade later, and it's like second nature to take my shoes off or ask a person's preference when entering their home.
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @darkstar42 that is a great idea! Does she wash them periodically? I could see some people being weird about putting their feet where others have been.
  • @SmashJam I love grocery shopping too! I think it's because I grew up super poor (like food stamps and Saltines and Kraft singles for dinner kind of poor), so being able to pick out whatever I want at the store is still so amazing to me. DH and I are going to really try to stick to a budget starting after Thanksgiving, but I love being like "I don't need this box of crackers, but I want it, so I'm getting it". I also love to cook and bake, so the grocery store is pretty fun for me. 

A repeated UO, but two days of dog-sitting confirms that I'm really a cat person. I love my dog and I like other dogs, but I love all cats. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @SmashJam Knowing my mom, I'm sure she washes them all regularly! They're mostly fluffy little slip ons, not hard-soled slippers, so they're machine washable. I think if I started keeping a basket of slippers my cats would just sleep in it.
  • @smashjam You know, I’m not sure we ever explicitly asked MIL to take off her shoes. We told them when we bought the house that was the rule and explained why. Eye seriously lol’d at yours. 
    @meggyme Eye JUST figured this out when Eye was typing a Fb message!  (Sorry for whining about it @BumpAdmin)
    @josie12367. Love T.Swift!!!!