July 2018 Moms

STM+ Check-In

because it's Wednesday

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: STM+ Check-In

• All my check-ins are on the same day! I'm going to be repeating myself  a lot...
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m so nervous about being pregnant with a little one. Agggh. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• Right?!? Yeah, that extra time really sucks. First time around I didn't know I was pregnant until I had an ultrasound for a different reason and was already like 7 weeks, lol. I'm hoping to have an early appointment since I had such a hard time getting/ staying pregnant, so maybe I can avoid the never ending wait until the 8 week mark. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • i never knew it could bw this hard haha i wish i could go back to mh first pregnancy and tell myself its not that bad! sleep through the night !!! enjoy it!!! 

• STM here!! I feel like the worst mom ever. This fatigue is killing me this time around and my husband has been having to pick up some of the slack. 
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited November 2017
    @paytonpedro SAME.

I feel like a useless human. Currently a sack of potatoes on the couch, DS whining that I won't give him a third sippy cup of milk.... Chucked said sippy cup across the room when he realized it was water... Is it bed time yet? 
  • @zande201 feel like we have the same body and child! My son has been a perfect sleeper since day 1...legit slept through the night sincerely 5 weeks and still sleeps 12-13 hour and at night now....I can tell her so lucky again can I?! And I had such an easy pregnancy with him that I fear I will have the worst ms with this one.
  • I remember looking at the stm's on my last board and thinking "HOW are they DOING this (1st tri) with a toddler!?!" Now I'm there...
    Same. 

Lab Mom (x2): Sept/Oct 2014 
    Married: August 2015
    DS: Nov 2016 (36w)
    Baby H #2: July2018 (Team Pink!)

• bubby15 said:
    @zande201 feel like we have the same body and child! My son has been a perfect sleeper since day 1...legit slept through the night sincerely 5 weeks and still sleeps 12-13 hour and at night now....I can tell her so lucky again can I?! And I had such an easy pregnancy with him that I fear I will have the worst ms with this one.
    DS has been such a terrible sleeper since he was born! He’s 19 mo and hardly ever sleeps through the night. At least we know this next one won’t be much worse!
  • @MyBigFatGreekFetus. It's like as bad as it is that he sleeps awful you are already used to it so it cant be any worse right?! I hate telling people my guy is such a good sleeper bc they get so angry when I complain if he has a bad night or two and there you are dealing with it all the time.
  • I am so so nervous about taking care of a toddler and having morning sickness. My nausea started today, a week and a half earlier than last time, and I was home with DS today. So. Hard. Ugh. 
  • My first pregnancy was so easy (so was the delivery) so I'm terrified that I'll have a horrible/hard pregnancy this time around. But at the same time, I'm kind of hoping to start getting symptoms soon so that a) I "feel" more pregnant and b) hoping for a girl [tried Ferber method] and I hear you have worse symptoms with a girl....although you never know.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I'm seriously so glad you all are sharing about the anxiety! I have been having some bad anxiety attacks the last few days and I keep having to remind myself that this happened with my first pregnancy too. I just keep wondering what kind of craziness we got ourselves into? What if the baby has issues and takes all of our attention away from DD? What if it's a boy and I only know how to deal with girls? Can we even afford two kids? I am kind of freaking out. I'll be thankful when this stage passes. I would gladly take morning sickness over this. 
  • SOOO much anxiety. Didn't know I was pregnant for a looong time with my first. When I finally did test and get into the doctor I found out I was 12 weeks...WHAT?! So now I know all sorts of early and I'm questioning every little thing because I feel like I'm experiencing the first tri for the first time. My first ultrasound is 11/29 and I will be a wreck until then...

Super weepy, there was a baby baptism at Church last week...need I say more?

@acciocoffee Same but opposite! I'm obviously happy with anything but I've settled quite nicely into being "a boy mom", what do I do with little girl?!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert....you the real MVP. Holy moly that is a wild ride! But YAY!!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @magzor how is he doing by the way? also yes mh nausea is way earlier this time! 

• I'm so excited and pretty nervous about how I will balance life with 3 kids under 4. The age gap between my first two is 22 months and the gap between my 2nd and this one will be 23 months. My two toddlers are rather clingy so I'm nervous to see how they will handle me being devoted to a new baby and not having enough arms to hold all 3 at once.
  • I am definitely struggling with the idea of splitting my attention with two babies! @nataliejg just like you said I didn't think of it until the pregnancy test was positive! So much anxiety about everything! 
    Anniversary
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert GURL!!! Dang! My bff was the oldest of Irish twins. Her mom says she would never do it again. But they were best friends growing up and still are today. My hat's off to you.

• I'm seriously so glad you all are sharing about the anxiety! I have been having some bad anxiety attacks the last few days and I keep having to remind myself that this happened with my first pregnancy too. I just keep wondering what kind of craziness we got ourselves into? What if the baby has issues and takes all of our attention away from DD? What if it's a boy and I only know how to deal with girls? Can we even afford two kids? I am kind of freaking out. I'll be thankful when this stage passes. I would gladly take morning sickness over this. 
    @acciocoffee I feel you on ALL of this...except I have the morning sickness already. Also your name is my favorite thing ever.
  • I have been feeling the same way! I’m worried my 2 year old isn’t going to take a new baby well. Other then that having trouble giving up my coffee addiction this time round. 
  • Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here. Hope it's ok if I jump in! This will be baby number three for me (Two sons - ages 4
    and 2). I am definitely wondering how it will go when we are outnumbered, but I am SO looking forward to having another baby! My question is how do I shop with three? :# I have no idea where everyone will sit or ride in the shopping cart AND be able to get my groceries in the cart. 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 he's good! He had his exam under anesthesia yesterday and everything looked great. This morning we have an appointment to get his contact prescription changed. How is L doing? Has she gotten the sleep memo yet? 
  • Hello ladies, hormones are out of control this time around. I may need to hire a car service so I don’t hit anyone with my truck... I go from ragey to emotional when I get to work and see people being surprised with kittens on a video. I want to be surprised with a kitten.  :'( 

So here is something weird. My son has done this once before, about two to three months before I found out I was pregnant my son told a random lady in the grocery store I was pregnant with his sister. So naturally I get embarrassed bc I have to tell her I’m not pregnant, come to find out a few month later I was pregnant with a girl. 

This time we can’t tell if he truly knew or if he had wishful thinking because our friends just had a little girl. He’s been talking about a sister again and I said well your sister is in heaven with grandpa hunny and he said no mom my new sister that you’re going to have. 

My husband doesn’t believe he knows before we do, and thinks it’s bc of our friends having a little girl and he’s friends with the older brother. I believe my son. 

Anyone experience something similar with your kiddos?

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • therealbitts said::
    I have no idea where everyone will sit or ride in the shopping cart AND be able to get my groceries in the cart. 
    I only have one of my own, but I do nanny. I usually put one in a front pack or back pack and grab one of those nifty double sitter carts. If there's not one open I just put one in the seat and the 3rd in the basket itself. I know that cuts down on space, so I'll grab a basket, too, for light stuff. If your LO is big enough, you can always get one of the kids sized carts and have them push it themselves so they're involved. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Hello ladies, hormones are out of control this time around. I may need to hire a car service so I don’t hit anyone with my truck... I go from ragey to emotional when I get to work and see people being surprised with kittens on a video. I want to be surprised with a kitten.  :'( 

So here is something weird. My son has done this once before, about two to three months before I found out I was pregnant my son told a random lady in the grocery store I was pregnant with his sister. So naturally I get embarrassed bc I have to tell her I’m not pregnant, come to find out a few month later I was pregnant with a girl. 

This time we can’t tell if he truly knew or if he had wishful thinking because our friends just had a little girl. He’s been talking about a sister again and I said well your sister is in heaven with grandpa hunny and he said no mom my new sister that you’re going to have. 

My husband doesn’t believe he knows before we do, and thinks it’s bc of our friends having a little girl and he’s friends with the older brother. I believe my son. 

Anyone experience something similar with your kiddos?
    I was just talking to my friend about this last night. My 5 yo has been asking for a baby brother for a while now, but the next few weeks he has been incessant about it! Like, once a day he says “can we have the baby now??”. We haven’t told him yet so it’s weird he keeps saying it! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • It’s crazy how they know. I love it though.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3