February 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms | 11.6

Re: Weekly Symptoms | 11.6

• 25+6 today and man am I gassy. DH started calling me Gaseous Clay last night - harder har har. He thinks he's so funny. Otherwise the all over body aches have me in a heap by the end of the day. Yay arthritis. I just got back from the glucose test. Only 6 pokes this time, they've improved from the 9 during my last 3 hour draw at 16 weeks.
  • Another debilitating RLP episode walking into work this morning. Pressing on it made it worse, and bending over made it excruciating. I'm going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow, because now I'm paranoid thinking it's a hernia.
    And I’ve been paranoid about mine thinking it’s a blood clot. Google is a dangerous place. I’m asking at my appt on Fri. Let us know what your doc says!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an unexpected 20 minute walk this morning and now I'm in pain.

How are you guys?
    OMG the hip/pelvic pain. Right there with you.

It's not so bad anymore sleeping, it's when I'm up and moving around during the day. By the end of the day I have to sit down to get my legs out of pants/into pjs, it hurts to raise them. I got it of bed the other night and I swear my pubic bone popped. I didn't even know that could happen.  :(
  • I'm so sorry for those of you experiencing heartburn... I had that in excess last pregnancy (and never experience it when I'm not pregnant) and was miserable. If you're avoiding coffee because of the acid, I found Teeccino to be a bearable non-acidic and non-caffeinated alternative. I liked the tea bags, not the ground stuff.

This time around, baby is sitting suuuuper low. The good is I've avoided heartburn, but the bad is I'm having a hard time walking. Like... stabbing/ burning pain in my hip/ butt cheek, radiating down my leg. Maternity splint is not helping. I thought it was sciatica, but read that it's unusual for that to show up only during pregnancy. Apparently this is more likely pelvic girdle pain? It alternates sides, too. Ugh ugh ugh. It's making it hard to stay active, and it's driving me nuts.
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • katefb17 said:
    This time around, baby is sitting suuuuper low. The good is I've avoided heartburn, but the bad is I'm having a hard time walking. Like... stabbing/ burning pain in my hip/ butt cheek, radiating down my leg. Maternity splint is not helping. I thought it was sciatica, but read that it's unusual for that to show up only during pregnancy. Apparently this is more likely pelvic girdle pain? It alternates sides, too. Ugh ugh ugh. It's making it hard to stay active, and it's driving me nuts.
    I've been having similar hip, back, and butt pain. I started seeing a chiropractor and that's helped quite a bit.
  • My tailbone has been bothering me this week a bunch. Which is weird but hey what isn’t kinda weird about all this?

im also on the heartburn train. Zantac seems to help a bunch it’s just trying to time it right. Usually the heartburn sneaks up on me and goes from 0-60 in no time flat so it’s been a bit of suffering while I impatiently wait for meds to kick in. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ash0625 said:9
    Are we all syncing up on our symptoms like women in a group sync their periods?
    Probably. I wish we could sync up on the "glow" part of pregnancy. I'm not glowing and I feel lied to.
    The only glow I have is from sweating! So hot! 
    YES, +1 for sweaty and hot.  ALL the time! The other ladies in my classroom are all, "wow, it's freezing in here!" and meanwhile, I'm peeling layers off, pulling my hair back, and melting.  I hate feeling so gross! 
  • My heartburn kicks in on my drive home so i started taking zantac before i leave and its helped so much. I think it lasts til i go to bed too which is great.

Sleeping on my left side is still hard. I know its ideal but right side is so much more comfortable. I try to split my time on either side at night. As long as I'm not on my back or stomach its okay right!
  • Bending over is officially hard. Didn’t notice this as much with DS but now that I’m picking up after a toddler all day it is quickly becoming exhausting trying to bend over a million times a day.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • clc515 said:
    My heartburn kicks in on my drive home so i started taking zantac before i leave and its helped so much. I think it lasts til i go to bed too which is great.

Sleeping on my left side is still hard. I know its ideal but right side is so much more comfortable. I try to split my time on either side at night. As long as I'm not on my back or stomach its okay right!
    I think so! My Dr said the only caution with sleeping on the right side was making sure I was fully sleeping on my side (vs being tilted at some angle, like you can do on the left side). That way the baby is off the major blood vessel.
  • @clc515 - I've woken up on my back a few times, and he moves around in the morning to let me know he's fine. My pregnancy pillow helps keeping me on an angle, but I wouldn't worry too much if you end up on your back!
  • I went from maybe waking 1 time per night to pee to 3 the last 2 or 3 nights. Ugh! Beyond annoyed! I know it comes with the pregnancy territory, but I just wasn’t ready for it yet. 
  • @clc515 - Yeah. I honestly wake up on my back all of the time and I alternate between sides when I wake up and roll over. I've read that your body will wake you up before it becomes a real problem. 
  • ash0625 said:
    @clc515 - Yeah. I honestly wake up on my back all of the time and I alternate between sides when I wake up and roll over. I've read that your body will wake you up before it becomes a real problem. 
    I think this is true. Sometimes I'll be sleeping and then will think/dream/hear? - I don't know..but I notice something telling me " you're on your back you need to move" 
    Maybe I'm just aware because I'm worried about it...who knows
  • I am so sore every time I try to be productive and my hips seem to be the worst culprits... I'm blaming the relaxin as the same thing happened with my first although I don't remember it being this early  :/ .  I am also exhausted all the time, but that probably has to do with my non-sleeping 2 year old as much as me being pregnant.  Ugh.
  • Ok phew im not alone w sleeping on back or nom left side all the time! DH usually reminds me to get on my side.  When I slept on my left 2 nights ago it tweaked my left hip so I was all limpy. Its still not right and sometimes radiates to my knee. Then last night my right calf cramped and was sore all day, so I felt like a zombie walking all jacked up today. 

Any way to prevent those cramps btw? I havent had a cramp like that in years and it made me cry cuz I'm a wuss :-( scared its going to keep happening. 
  • clc515 said:
    Ok phew im not alone w sleeping on back or nom left side all the time! DH usually reminds me to get on my side.  When I slept on my left 2 nights ago it tweaked my left hip so I was all limpy. Its still not right and sometimes radiates to my knee. Then last night my right calf cramped and was sore all day, so I felt like a zombie walking all jacked up today. 

Any way to prevent those cramps btw? I havent had a cramp like that in years and it made me cry cuz I'm a wuss :-( scared its going to keep happening. 
    My dr recommend taking 200 mg of magnesium daily for the cramps. It helps with circulation. It has helped me a lot!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ouch! I somehow must of pulled a muscle in my groin. Right in that bikini area. Just on one side. But man, now it hurts to walk on it. 
  • +1 for the groin pain! It hurts when I sit too long, stand too long or lay down too long! And I have been so tired lately! Luckily we have a 3 day weekend and hopefully my DS decides he wants to sleep in! Even until 7!
  • I haven't been posting much because the app hates me and it's been a busy few months. But I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this! So with DD, my cervix shortened early and I was put on progesterone for like 10 weeks. Now at my anatomy scan it was 3.5 cm and in just 4 weeks it went down to 2.5 cm. Not alarmingly short yet, but OB wants me back in 2 weeks to check again. The pelvic pain has been super strong lately too, but I guess the good news is cervix is not soft or open yet. I also went to 39 weeks with DD, even with the shortening and I dilated to a 3 weeks before my water broke. Not sure why my body doesn't want these babies in here long, but hopefully LO is as stubborn as his sister and stays put as long as he needs to.
  • A heavy grocery bag broke while I was carrying it.  The sudden weight change combined with having only been standing on one foot at the time did something to a joint in my pubic area.. feels like I've been kicked directly in the crotch :( 
  • Don't know if this counts as a symptom, but I'm coming down with a cold. Ugh. All those elementary school germs have finally caught me. 
  • marissajc said:u
    I haven't been posting much because the app hates me and it's been a busy few months. But I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this! So with DD, my cervix shortened early and I was put on progesterone for like 10 weeks. Now at my anatomy scan it was 3.5 cm and in just 4 weeks it went down to 2.5 cm. Not alarmingly short yet, but OB wants me back in 2 weeks to check again. The pelvic pain has been super strong lately too, but I guess the good news is cervix is not soft or open yet. I also went to 39 weeks with DD, even with the shortening and I dilated to a 3 weeks before my water broke. Not sure why my body doesn't want these babies in here long, but hopefully LO is as stubborn as his sister and stays put as long as he needs to.
    I went through this also.  Was on strict bedrest 30-36 weeks with ds1 &ds2. My ob says it is just how my body carries babies. I delivered both boys at 38 wks.  
  • I have a super low lying baby (had the same with DD) but also have horrible heartburn. I take Zantac religiously every twelve hours or am miserable. Best advice I can give for ladies who are struggling. Tums are a joke. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!

• Don't know if this counts as a symptom, but I'm coming down with a cold. Ugh. All those elementary school germs have finally caught me. 
    Feel better!! Vicks vaporub was my best friend for my cold the other week.
    My class got me twice this year, and im nerver sick. Boo. Thanks pregnancy. 
  • @gingermama26 I totally count a cold as a symptom. I rarely got sick before DD, and now I feel like I catch every germ out there. Plus, the lack of cold meds during pregnancy is just cruel!! I am getting over the last dredges of a 2-week cold/ cough now. A humidifier really helped, and extra-hot tea. Or (this might sound gross, but I thought it was tasty) hot orange juice with fresh ginger in it! Like orange-ginger tea, but with extra vitamin C :) 
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Feeling some first tri grossness returning...food aversions and random nausea and general fatigue. Also third tri heaviness and soreness is creeping in early with this one. I think the next 14 weeks are going to be long...hopefully the holidays help speed it up and keep me distracted!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • 99% sure from Google diagnosing myself that I have SPD. I've been in insane pain! I ordered a support belt so hopefully that will help me 
  • Rolling in to the third tri this week- food aversions, weird stomach issues, sensitivity to smells are all returning. FTM here so I didn't realize some of those first tri symptoms may reappear 
  • I'm hot....I'm cold....I'm sleepy but wide awake at 3am....I can't get comfy....it's an endless struggle lately.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Since I officially entered 3rd tri on Fri,  i have had some major tummy troubles! Triple runs to the bathroom mid morning are not fun :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • I’m so tired!!! All the time. I must be sleeping like crap at night because I’m getting 10hours at night and sometimes have an hour nap in the afternoon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m so tired!!! All the time. I must be sleeping like crap at night because I’m getting 10hours at night and sometimes have an hour nap in the afternoon! 
    This!! Except I'm definitely not seeing anything close to that much sleep at night. I'm definitely more tired lately, though not quite as bad as it was in the first trimester.
    This!! Except I'm definitely not seeing anything close to that much sleep at night. I'm definitely more tired lately, though not quite as bad as it was in the first trimester.
    I’m unemployed right now otherwise I definitely would not be able to get this much sleep! I’m usually in bed by 9 and am up by 8 or 9. Which is crazy. But according to my Fitbit I’m averaging about 2.5 hours awake during the night and only 45minutes of deep sleep. So while I may get a lot of sleep it is definitely not restful!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since I officially entered 3rd tri on Fri,  i have had some major tummy troubles! Triple runs to the bathroom mid morning are not fun :(
    We have been passing a stomach cootie around the house. My mom had it, then DH, then mom again and I got it this afternoon. I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Add me to the list with food aversions all of a sudden. Nothing seems to taste good - I even threw out pizza that didn't sit well! 
  • Any mommas taking Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar during pregnancy? My allergies are so bad it's triggering bad asthma and the ACV is recommended for natural treatment of allergies... 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• alemarie1 said:
    Any mommas taking Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar during pregnancy? My allergies are so bad it's triggering bad asthma and the ACV is recommended for natural treatment of allergies... 
    yes! My midwife recommends 2 tbsp a day 
  • alemarie1 said:
    Any mommas taking Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar during pregnancy? My allergies are so bad it's triggering bad asthma and the ACV is recommended for natural treatment of allergies... 
    alemarie1 said:
    alemarie1 said:
    This is great to know! My allergies are horrible, too. Totally picking some up today.