June 2018 Moms

STM Weekly Check in (11/8)

How's your week going mamas?

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? 

Re: STM Weekly Check in (11/8)

• How far along are you? 8w 4d

How old are your other kids? 15 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? We're back on the molar bus, and we have learned, "No" and "Mine."  Its been a fun week haha

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Just anxious for my appt Monday.  I want to know everything is okay, and that there is only one ;)

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? Yes - We visit santa and everything.  She wasn't too sure of him last year (she was only 4 months), so i'm excited to see how she reacts this year.  We won't do a huge Santa present thing, but will probably do the cookies and milk stuff.
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    10w1d

10 Months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?
    Nothing new

Nothing new

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older?
    DD will be turning 1 on the 27th... so I'm really nervous about introducing Santa this year.  I'm pretty sure her first picture with Santa will be one of those kids screaming and crying on Santa's lap picture... which I find hysterical... but probably less so when it's my kid.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Loading the player...
  • * 9+4

*16 Months

*I'm really loving sleeping through the night pretty consistently these days and fear the sleep situation with a newborn and potentially jealous toddler turning 2 1 month after new baby is born

*Excited to have a complete family and snuggle baby

*We are for sure going down the Santa train!  I want her to soak up the holiday magic while she is still young and thinks it is magical.  I feel like the time kids see the magic just keeps getting smaller and smaller so we're going big.

• How far along are you? 
    9 weeks, 4 days
    4.5, 3
    DS1 has been really jealous of any attention his younger brother gets lately.  It's driving me batty.  I need to figure out how to do something with just him, which is hard when DS2 is so clingy to me at the moment.
    I'm really excited about child #3.  I couldn't hold it in any longer and told everyone at work this week.
    My kids believe in Santa.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @sunshineandwhiskey I hear ya about hoping for only one. Last time I had this little hope it would be twins, now I'm terrified of that. Hope everything goes great Monday and there's just one! 

@jsl82 I think you'll still find it funny, just maybe not in the moment.:) It will be a good momento for the future. Last year my son was only a couple of months old, so he was perfect, but he's very much a "stranger danger" type so I'm sure he'll be screaming this year...oh well  :D

How far along are you? 7 + 5

How old are your other kids? 13 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? My little guy is on the verge of walking, taking 5-6 steps at a time, then usually falling. I'm so excited for him and his development but I have 2 concerns. One, the falling is obviously not fun. We can't always be right there to catch him (we try) and he's smacked himself good a few times. Right now he has a bruise on one cheek and a fat lip. I feel terrible! I guess it just comes with the territory and will get better as he gets steadier? The other thing is that he has been super fussy/easily frustrated and clingy lately. I'm thinking it might be related to the walking? He's making a developmental leap that's taxing him so he struggling in other areas. Not fun for the poor guy.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Well the walking thing is great, besides my rant about it. Haha. Also, I am getting excited for the holidays. This year, but also thinking about next year. DS will be 2, so he'll really get it more and the new baby will be 6 months and be able to interact a little. DS was 2.5 months last year and it was tough travelling and trying to do the family festivities with a newborn (I'm sure it will also be a challenge with 2...but we'll see).

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? Oh yeah, I'm a Christmas nut and I'll try to pass that on to the little ones. I'll try to get them to believe for as long as possible.
  • @patientlywaiting10 - ha, that face with santa! love it!
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 hahaha..that face is priceless!
  • @katelynrae86 - I was sort of terrified when my boys started walking.  We have hardwood floors and I envisioned all the bumps and bruises they would get and felt like an awful mother.  As your son continues to get steadier, he'll also learn to sit down on his butt when he feels unsteady/starts to fall.  So the falling actually becomes a learning process, as hard as it is to watch.  Hang in there!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • How's your week going mamas? I'm exhausted. Middle child turns 3 this Saturday and trying to plan a birthday party and clean a house isn't fun. So ready for my first appointment tomorrow and our first US! I wanna make sure its only one and healthy! 

How far along are you? 

7 weeks and 4 days or just 7 weeks. No idea for sure until tomorrow 

6 year old girl , 3 year old boy on Saturday, 2 year old girl in January 

I have been so extremely tired. Not sure how I'll manage with 4. It's a scary thought. Our youngest was definitely onto this pregnancy before I was. She has been extremely clingy and wants me to hold her all the time. I'm hoping she doesn't get too jealous.

More little babies to love on! And my little man starts his special pre-k next week which will make things easier because I'll only have 1 at the house.

Our 6 year old was told that Santa is a game parents play with their kids. She is told that Jesus gives mommy and daddy the money and we buy the gifts. Didn't wanna have to keep up with the whole Santa thing forever. But we still see Santa for pictures and what not.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 Perfect Santa pic!

How far along are you? 8 weeks + 1 day

How old are your other kids? 3 next month

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? I'll jump on the sleep train too. That period of life when DS was first born is such a blur now. I know we got through it then so we will again, but I do remember being a zombie throughout a lot of days so it'll be interesting to see how I'll keep up with a toddler and no sleep!

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Still excited to see DS as a big brother

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? I was never taught about Santa as a kid so now I love talking to DS about it. He LOVES Christmastime and Santa. His birthday is a few days before Christmas so I think it brings a special joy to this time of year for him. He was so into Christmas last year and I think he'll be even more excited this year.
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 classic!  
    @katelynrae86 you are probably- I'll be mortified in the moment and laughing for years to come.
    @TravelingCouple another Christmas baby!  I was so worried with DD that she would hate Christmas with her birthday being so close.  I've considered having Santa leave her a birthday present (in birthday wrapping paper- not Christmas) so she feels like it's extra special to be a Christmas baby- instead of slighted like I've heard people complain about. 

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 What a cute idea about leaving a birthday present!  You could even write a cute note with it too!  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 6+5

4 yr DS and 15mo DS

DS1 and DS2 are at the age where they antagonize each other so the whining can be a bit much

But thankfully they also can entertain each other while I’m on the couch feeling like crap. Also They’re finally sleeping in past 6am !!!

We don’t do santa, DS1 knows who he is and that he is pretend but we don’t make a big deal out of it. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • How far along are you? 
    9wks 3 days
    My son just had an evaluation done for OT and we will be going to therapy for that twice a week plus speech therapy twice a week. I am so worried about doing a good job at work and being a good mom for him while also juggling his appointments and my own prenatal appointments.  :/

I am excited to see my little one accomplish all their milestones. That was so fun as a first time mom and I just can't wait to experience it again.

Ds is too young to really understand Santa but we will definitely tell him about Santa once he is able to understand the concept!
  • @sunshineandwhiskey and @katelynrae86 I’m with you on the being nervous for twins. Since I had DD I’ve personally known 5 people who have had or gotten pregnant with twins. 2 close friends, 2 friends from my last BMB and one old friend who I keep in touch with on Instagram. It’s been a twin baby boom. 
    My ultrasound isn’t until December 12. I’m trying to keep my mind distracted until then.

@ambere13  That’s tough about your sons evaluation, but at the same time it’s great that he is going to be getting the support. Friends of mine have their daughter in speech therapy and it’s really made a huge difference. A lot of times speech therapy can really improve the situation and the time will come when you would never guess he was ever behind. You are going to be amazing. You will do the best you can, because we always do, and he will be okay. 

Overall I’ve had a busy and draining week at work but it will pass.

How far along are you? 

7 +3

22months

Nothing new!

We arenot going to make a big deal about it, but she asks when she sees Santa and we tell her who it is. But in our house Santa will only be responsible for the stockings and a small gift. If the kids ever ask we will be honest about it. So yes we will do Santa but try not to make it into a huge deal.
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • + 1 to the thought "what if it's twins?!?!? US on Friday...

How far along are you? 

7 + 4

3 this month and 14 months

Nope.

DD walked today! (Stood up on her own and walked across the room. Not just a few steps but real walking. So proud. 

We plan to do Santa. This may be the first year DS gets it since he'll have just turned 3. I love the magic and anticipation of the Christmas season..
  • Add me to the list about being scared of twins. 

How far along are you? 

10+2

3 and 16m

I’m weaning DS this weekend when DH and I are out of town. I’m feeling more emotional about it then when I weaned DD. 

Nothing new. 

We are going to do Santa this year. DH and I are excited about starting Christmas traditions with the kiddos. DD recognizes Santa this year and already gets excited when we see Christmas stuff in the store. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited November 2017

How far along are you? 
    10+6

Not sure how many older kids we got here. But anyone with kids with ADHD and do meds?

I'm so frickin anxious to tell him about the baby!! His one classmate's mom has a baby with her everyday at drop off. He gets so excited to say hi to the baby, he doesn't even say hi to his classmate.

oh yah we do Santa. And elf on the shelf! Lol. We're going to see Santa on Sunday!

edited cause thing I misunderstood the question 
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @jsl82 I know, I've tried every year to make DS' birthday separate and special from Christmas. He's still too young to care but I wanted to start it right away.vi do separate wrapping paper too!
  • @travelingcouple were you on the Dec. 14 BMB? I lurked daily but never posted. (DS came early and was a Thanksgiving baby) and then the Bump imploded.
  • How far along are you? 7w5d

How old are your other kids? DD, 2 yo

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? My SIL was telling me about how her second youngest is currently going through an intense jealousy phase with his baby brother. I'm curious to see if DD goes through anything like that. She's fairly go with the flow and loves babies so hopefully not!

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: We've gotten into the habit of including her future baby brother or sister in her bedtime prayer every night, and now if I happen to forget she immediately pipes up with "Brother or sister!" Until we say a prayer for the new baby too. It's pretty sweet. Sometimes she asks to pray for them during mealtime prayers too lol.

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? We don't do Santa.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    8 weeks 

11 months 

I just want to be a good mama. DS and I have an amazing bond and I don’t want that to go away. I hope adding a sibling will just be more love and bonding. 

I’m just so excited to give him a sibling. I love being a mama, it’s the best thing I’ve ever done and I’m just so darn excited. 

I don’t know. I see the merits of both sides of the argument. I haven’t decided yet what we will do. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • +1000 to being worried about twins.  That was actually my first question to the nurse at my first appointment.

@sunshineandwhiskey I hope your appointment goes well!

@katelynrae86 The steadiness will definitely get better, but DS gets so many bumps and bruises because he runs everywhere.  Last night, he was spinning in circles in the kitchen and fell into the kitchen stool.  So be prepared for the bruises to continue!

How far along are you?  10w6d

How old are your other kids? 25 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Typical concerns - - DS is so energetic and so trying that I have no idea how I'm going to handle two of them.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: DS is SO EXCITED to be a big brother (although I'm not sure he understands).  He has told everyone - - including complete strangers - - that he is a big brother.  

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older?  My H is against the idea of Santa, but I don't see the harm in it. Plus, with most other kids believing in Santa, I don't want my kid to either feel left out or out the non-existence of Santa to other kids.  We won't do the mall Santa thing until he wants to - - I hate the idea of tormenting him so I can get a picture.
  • How far along are you? 
    9 weeks

4yo girl, 2yo boy

I think 2yo is teething or going through a growth spurt, he cried all day yesterday no matter what we did. 

My 4yo is counting by 10s now!

My kids know about Santa. We don't make it a huge deal, but they do leave him milk and sugar cookies  (which DH and I eat while putting presents under the tree lol) and they leave a carrot for the reindeer. 
    It's fun to pretend Santa is real, I think it makes it more magical for them. 
  • How far along are you? 
    8w2d

DS will be 3 in January

Wondering how I'm going to have the energy to keep up with 2 kiddos. I agree with @marcus7676 , DS is extremely hyper and energetic in the evenings and right now I just don't have the energy to keep up with him...I feel awful! I turn on PawPatrol or Mickey Mouse and he's quite content, but it just makes me feel bad. I feel like I should be soaking all this time in with him while I can, but I'm just too exhausted! :( Hopefully, this will pass once first trimester is over...  

Still feeling very excited to welcome a new little babe. We've been telling DS about the baby in mommy's tummy a little bit but we haven't talked too much about it because DS goes to daycare and we're afraid he might say something before we are ready!

We play up Santa big time, Christmas is my favorite holiday and DS is so excited for Christmas and to have a visit from Santa. As far as DH and I are concerned, there are very few things in life that are fun, innocent, and magical like the joy Santa can bring, and we want to DS to have all the fun we had when we were kids growing up believing in Santa.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Hi, ladies! I'm with @marcus7676 , +1000 to being worried about twins. AMA, and my great-grandfather was one of two sets of twins in his immediate family. 

How far along are you?
    8w3d

How old are your other kids? DD - 3, DS -14 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? DD has started to wake in the night, afraid. Last night, she asked me to put the alligator in the toilet (we do not have any alligator toys, so...) and said "It's watching me," referring to something she would not describe. DS has four teeth coming in, and two about to break the surface. I pray a LOT.
    Anybody have any recommendations for shoes for bigger toddlers? DD is getting better at walking, but I cannot find shoes to fit this kid, though, because he has some extra padding on the tops of his feet (he weighs 34 lbs and is 33 inches tall.) 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  DD loves being a big sis and I am really excited to add another kid to our family. 

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older?  We do Santa. My sister gave DD "Reindeer Food" last year (glitter and oatmeal) to put out in the front yard, and she loved it!
  • @kfren My DD (also 3) has been waking up a lot scared too. She usually hears “scary noises”. It’s exhausting! No advice on big toddlers as DS is only 19# but we love Vans for him. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you? 7 + 3

How old are your other kids? 3 next month

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Not really.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Just excited to see what will happen after #2 gets here. 

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? Yup, we do Santa. She gets it to some extent. When she asks for a toy or something, I tell her to ask Santa (or Nana). 

• @nickicb7 Thank you that makes me feel so much better! I am excited to see him get the help he needs and I know it will be worth it<3 

• How far along are you? 
    10 w

How old are your other kids? 18 months

I just hope these dang molars will be in by the time baby gets here :/

I know she doesn't get it, but every time we ask DD if she wants a baby brother or baby sister she giggles hysterically and says "sisa" and it's pretty stinking cute. 

she's too young to understand, but me and my sister are Christmas freaks and I can't wait to see her believe in santa. We did pictures last year but they were before she had any stranger danger fears and turned out cute...pretty sure this years will be a disaster 
  • I was also worried about twins. Had first u/s yesterday and only one *phew*
    How far along are you? 
    11+2

How old are your other kids? 2.5 boy

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? DS doesn't sleep through the night and climbs in with us middle of the night. Nervous about that plus a nb/kicking that habit before baby arrives. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: this afternoon while laying on the couch, DS kept moving my shirt to snuggle and talk to the baby. It's so sweet, it tears me up! He is adamant its a boy so excited to find out if he's right (in June though- I'm team green)

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? we do Santa. I love having him believe. However, DH and I both agree that Santa doesn't get all the credit- so just a couple small things are Santa. Big stuff always from us. DS was excited about Santa last year from a distance but would only do pictures if I sat and held he was on my lap. I'm interested to see how it is this year. 
  • So at my appointment on Thursday my doctor confirmed (again) that there was only one. I said thank goodness! He said one of his patients one time had two kiddos, wanted one more, they did the ultrasound and there were THREE! He said she cried.
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sorry I'm late to the party ...

How far along are you? 11w1d

How old are your other kids? 19months

currently stressing about my job outlook/staying home after this baby arrives. 
    DD slept in till 10:30, took a 2.5 hr nap and still went to bed at 7:30. I'm terrified the next baby will never sleep. 
    GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? We celebrate Santa. When they are older we will explain Santa cannot visit everyone in one night and older kids graduate and get to help Santa instead so the small kids can get a visit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PatientlyWaiting10 I would be terrified in that womans shoes!
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks today 

How old are your other kids? My son turned two a couple weeks ago. 

We’re dealing with some sleep regression right now. Thankful it’s happening now and not when a new baby is here, he’s been a great sleeper since he was about two months old. I’m almost certain that this new babe won’t sleep, ever. 

I’m so excited to see my son be a big brother, but also excited to see my husband with a new baby. He’s so good with little ones, it’s makes my heart happy. 

We’ve started talking up Santa a little bit, but I don’t know if it’s clicking quite yet. I think we’ll break out the Elf on a Shelf next year, too. 
  • How far along are you? 9 weeks tomorrow 

How old are your other kids? 18 months

My son is very jealous when anyone even hugs me so my concern is he will be too jealous of the new baby to enjoy having a sibling 
    Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: So excited that my babies will be close in age! This baby will complete our family 

GTKY: Do you tell your kid(s) about Santa? If they're too young yet, do you think you will tell them when they're older? We do talk about Santa coming even though he’s too young for it to click but it’s fun to build up that excitement 
  • How far along are you? 
    10+4
    DS will be 3 next month.
    Trying to potty train DS before baby comes. He's starting to get a little interested, but not much luck yet. He knows when he goes, and we always make a point to praise him if he does go in the potty. Unfortunately, my schedule is opposite of DH, so we have trouble keeping him on a "regular" potty schedule.
    DS is so loving. He already tells me how much he loves baby, and that he's going to help me. My best friend has a little girl who is almost 9 months, and DS loves her. Watching them last week I started bawling because he was being so sweet. And yes, we were at a restaurant, and no, I wasn't ashamed to ugly cry.
    Yes, however we don't do the whole "if you're bad Santa isn't going to bring you toys" thing. We center it around being good, and try not to threaten because I feel like that takes the fun out of it. Obviously, as he gets older that may change, but right now we enjoy his face when we talk about Santa.

DH: 29 years old.
    Me: 25 years old.
    DS: born 12/30/14
    Baby #2 due 6/8/18