Trouble TTC

New Girl

mmccorm2014mmccorm2014 member
edited November 2017 in Trouble TTC
Hello! My Husband and I have been married 3 years next month. I went off of BC in January of 2017. We weren't trying or preventing for the first three months, but we officially started trying in April 2017. Since then I have been doing OPKs and never had a positive reading. I also have irregular periods 16 to 61+ (currently in the longest cycle of my life) days. I have not been officially diagnosed with anything, and I know to some it hasn't been that long of a time frame, but every month I feel defeated because I don't know when or if I am ovulating. I am a pretty private person, so I keep this all to myself. My friends and family don't know. I am thankful to have you ladies and your support.
Me: 30 DH: 35
Married 12/2014
TTC#1: 4/2017

Re: New Girl

• Hello and welcome.  I'm glad you joined us.  I wouldn't worry too much about joining us "too soon".  With your very irregular periods (61 days....yikes!) there's obviously something going on.  If you haven't already, I would suggest you look into an appointment with someone, even if it hasn't been a full year yet.  With such a wide range in your cycles, it wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Welcome! You’re in the right place. :smile: I would agree with @hoffmanr7 - sounds like you should talk to your doctor if you haven’t already. Hope your stay here is short!
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  I'd agree with the above posters and talk to your doc, my OB was super supportive in suggesting that we see an RE sooner rather than later and just because you haven't been trying for long if it seems like something is up with your cycles its better to figure it out sooner!  Fingers crossed you get some answers!