TTC after 35

TTCA 35 Weekly Update 11/6

ndz2018ndz2018 member
edited November 2017 in TTC after 35
Thought I’d get this week started  :) 

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: When do you start decorating for the holidays?

What are you thankful for this week?

Re: TTCA 35 Weekly Update 11/6

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW I guess

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 4,790 lol joking CD 38 but it feels like much more!!

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenats, ubiquinal 300mg 2x day, Zinc, vitD OPK, BBT, 

Rants/Raves
    : WTF?!?? Whhhhyyy havent I gotten my period ...Jesus hates me lol

Questions for the group: none right now

GTKY: I like to decorate right after thanksgiving! 

Im thankful today for my awesome nurse at the RE for calling me right back today! She is on point! Love it! 
  • Status - WTO - I'm not tracking days or O the rest of year.  It's just not worth it to me when all it does is stress the F out of me.  My body is so freaking on point I know when O is - cue EWCM coming out of me.  However I will say I'm going to use those applicators that come with Pre Seed.  Never used them before so it can't hurt.

Supplements - too many lol.  The main ones - PNV Ubiquinol Fish Oil Vit D and the latest thing I found out was low in vit D for this time of year.  She would expect it during mid winter but not now esp for how much I was out in the sun during the summer.  Love my new doctor.

Raves - Date night with DH was awesome on Saturday. Busy week with teaching 11 students and 2 gigs.  I'm going to make it to yoga twice this week no matter what!  It's calling my name bad!

GTKY - I'm going to be honest and say I think it's silly to decorate for xmas before turkey day has even come unless you are canadian lol.  We usually pick a warm weekend in Nov to put up outside lights.  First week of December we put up the indoor decor.

I'm thankful for feeling at peace with everything that has happened with the TTC journey and our little loss.  It's really made me appreciate the child we do have and love her even more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for starting this @ndz2018!  I hope AF shows soon so you can started with your testing.  It always seems when we actually want her to come she doesn’t.

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW (but feels to me like the mother of all TWWs since we’ve waited a year - after our *TW* loss last October - to get to this point, not to mention all the $$, frustration, and heartbreak along the way)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  CD sort of irrelevant since manipulated, but 4dp5dt (9DPO equivalent) - first beta is Saturday. Didn’t expect it to be so early - the only BFP I had (natural cycle) I didn’t get a positive till 16DPO (but wasn’t testing every day).

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Estrace and Endometrin; PNVs, ubiquinol, fish oil, vit C, D, E, iron, magnesium, low dose aspirin (which I just learned to take at night separate from myPNVs b/c it apparently interferes with folic acid absorption??)

Rants/Raves
    :  Mostly just waiting over here.  We went to a baby naming shindig last night - it and shopping for it didn’t affect me as much as it might have at another time - I guess I’m feeling optimistic.  But when I showed DH the outfit we got for our present - he freaked out because he thought the little baby boy clothes were for *our* baby.  He doesn’t want to know the gender but knows that I know (we just told them to transfer the best looking one - but I’ve seen the PGS report).  Even with our *TW* loss, he didn’t know the gender (from NIPT) till she was gone.  Anyhow, his freak out amused me.

Questions for the group:  @vlagrl29  When you were on progesterone, did it make you really hungry?  I can’t tell if it’s making me any more tired than usual because I tend to sleep a lot anyway :p

DH won’t allow me to put Christmas decorations up until after Thanksgiving.  But then it’s on!

What are you thankful for this week?  I’m thankful that we finally got to transfer.  Also still for DH.  He sent this ridiculous flower arrangement to me at my office on Friday (day after transfer). It was kind of heavy (no heavy lifting post-transfer) but I didn’t want to leave it here over the weekend.

About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @artemis618 BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS!!  WOW!! FX everything is moving in the right direction after your transfer!!
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched until Jan

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): i'm still healing from surgery

Rants/Raves
    :  recovery is taking much longer than i expected... but my dr cleared me to exercise today without restriction, she just said ease back into things and if something hurts pull back a bit

we don't decorate a ton but we'll be going out to get a tree around thanksgiving :) 

What are you thankful for this week? 
    after talking with my dr i'm thankful for my health.. apparently there was much more internal bleeding than i was given the impression of which is scary but since she was so proactive she got it before it totally ruptured 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • @artemis618 - omg yes the prog suppositories made me very hungry esp about 3am - had to get a cheese stick to munch on.  DH thought I was preg.  It took a few days to even out so hopefully it passes for you and GL with the TWW.  FX for you so hard!  I only used them 1 month cause I figured I didn't need them.  Now with a prog of 14 on 7dpo draw i'm confident I don't need them.  BTW - beautiful flowers!
  • @artemis618 fx crossed on your tww!
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • @harleyquinn0621- glad you got the ok to workout.  also glad your doctor is great. how scary that could have been
  • @harleyquinn0621 Yikes, thank goodness you’re okay.  Quite scary indeed.  Yay for being able to exercise again.  I don’t actually like exercising (I know that’s a funny thing to say from someone who usually goes to the gym every weekday morning before work - I really hate traffic!), but it’s frustrating when you can’t.

@vlagrl29 I still don’t know why they wouldn’t let me do a natural cycle FET like my last RE said I could - likely scheduling, I guess. I didn’t realize that with the suppositories the progesterone doesn’t get into your blood stream as much so when I heard “9” last Wednesday (their min is 6) I kind of freaked out.  During one of my in between cycles earlier this year, my 7DPO progesterone was 18.3.  In the meantime, I’d better stock up on healthy snacks (hopefully for the next couple of months).
    About me:
    ***TW***
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

• @harleyquinn0621 OH NO! Wow that is frightening! I’m so glad you’re ok! Take it easy and listen to your body.
  • I feel like it may be coming tomorrow, HA! I feel like I have said that every night for he last 10 nights :neutral:
  • I feel like we will all jump for joy when it does come @ndz2018
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    WELL JUMP FOR JOY! Got AF FINALLY at midnight of course! Honestly I have never been more excited to see her Bitch ass :D
  • SO is on his way to drop off his specimen for his SA ...FINALLY getting all this testing rolling !! 
  • GL with all testing! It all goes pretty fast once it's started.
  • @ndz2018 thanks for starting this week! Work has made life a blur lately and it’s gonna continue through end of year!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): My clinic had too many retrievals scheduled for the week in late November that I would have needed, so I’m forced to take this month off before starting my last IVF cycle. The bummer is that the nurse said we could try naturally but I just ovulated and since he lives out of state I won’t see him til Thursday night. Boo!

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD15

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Month off, just hanging out waiting for IVF. Doing prenatal, CoQ10 300mg, vitamin D 2000mg, raspberry leaf tea, Maca root tincture 3x a day

Rants/Raves
    :
    So by waiting a month to start IVF I’m now looking at right around Christmas week. My MIL is flying to Kansas for Christmas with us and if I have appts, I’ll have to be up in Des Moines for those plus doing injections. We haven’t planned on telling her, since our first cycle back in May we’ve been able to get away with that. I don’t want to deal with the commentary, etc but we might have to say something. I’ll know more once my next period starts and I get my treatment calendar.

Questions for the group: I had one and now totally forgot!

GTKY: When do you start decorating for the holidays? After Thanksgiving is through. Like the next weekend a week after.

What are you thankful for this week? Thankful that I get to see my husband this weekend for the first time in three weeks. We need to reconnect but the irony is that we are apart solely due to IVF.
  • wow right around christmas week @Momifbysea - hopefully you can be creative and somehow not tell her.  That would be hard to be away from DH.
  • @Momifbysea You’re welcome! That sucks you have to be forced to take a month off. Hopefully your MIL will keep her commentary to herself. Think you can hide it from her when she gets in? I’m not sure exactly what it entails as I’m still a newbie to all this. Maybe taking a break can help you refocus and press the reset button. Sometimes you need a break mentally to get back into a positive mindset! 
  • Once you’re doing injections, you have to go in for an appointment for bloodwork and ultrasound every other day, then the last few days it’s every day. With a 4-hr drive each way plus 2 injections to do each morning and each night, I don’t see a way to hide this from her. I basically would look like I was avoiding her visit because I wouldn’t be there. But anyway, on a positive note, this gives me another month to lose weight and with supplements and healthy eating to kick in. My nurse said maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    So just got the SA back, a few issues. We have to repeat in 2 weeks. In the meantime I’ll see if we can research to see if there is any natural supplements to take. Let me know what you guys think here is it is 
  • So it sounds like there may be an issue with your DHs sperm? @ndz2018 - I'd 2nd natural supplements for him.  Antioxidants are good like Ubiquinol, vit C, there may be more I'm not thinking of - also have him take maca

• Yeah, the morphology can be bypassed with IVF not too concerned with that.. the low count I’m a little worried about. But if it doesn’t improve in 2 weeks I’ve got a feeling it’s gonna be straight to IVF 
  • Taking ubiquinol and Maca for the last couple months 
  • @Momifbysea Aw, I’m sorry about the delay - and for being away from DH :(. Hopefully being busy at work will make the time go by quickly (I’m wishing I was busier at work this week!).  Also sorry about the potential December cycle timing.  That does sound tricky with logistics - but if you do end up having to tell MIL, I would hope she’d be supportive.  I’ve told my mom everything (I’m close to my parents, though she was surprisingly not supportive :-/) but we haven’t told DH’s family anything (only his sister knows about our *TW* loss - my parents and brother were basically there for it because we were supposed to go to a family wedding that day).  Perhaps you won’t need that much monitoring - my last stim cycle I only had the baseline appointment and two monitoring appointments and it was my best cycle (I had more appointments this month before transfer).  It will work out one way or another and a break really is nice (we took 3 months between our 3rd and 4th cycles) - just try to enjoy not
    having to take or do or stick yourself with anything for a little while. :)

@ndz2018 Yay for AF! (Sort of - you know what I mean).  That was speedy.  Since sperm’s half of the equation, the information is useful.  I had to look up DH’s numbers since the context isn’t something to which I’ve dedicated brain space.  Even with his 128M/ml concentration, 5ml vol, 640M total count, 54% motility, and 7% morphology (DH likened his morphology to how of everything really prolific musical artists put out, a smaller percentage is likely to be good :p), I had him on 200mg ubiquinol a day during our summer break.  He also eats ridiculously healthily and gets lots of antioxidants naturally in his diet (thanks to being freaked out from his father’s prostate cancer).  You can google appropriate supplements and there is a product called FertilAid - not suggesting it specifically but you could look into what’s in it?  If you do decide to move forward with IVF, remember that you are very lucky to have coverage - and for four cycles!  Your blood work should also provide info to help you decide.  Although in my case last year, I was perfectly normal...for a 39 year old woman.  But again we’d already decided to PGS test - the CD3 bloodwork is more for an indication of how you might respond to stims.  IUIs also help with that (but we skipped them).  My last RE also ran all of the *TW* loss bloodwork on me except lupus (all normal) - so who knows?  Was probably a chromosomal abnormality even though she came back NIPT normal.  Sadly, just higher % of abnormal eggs at that age (I was 38).
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• Here is a link about things for sperm health

https://natural-fertility-info.com/mens-fertility

• @ndz2018 even low count shouldn’t be an issue if you use icsi like we have with IVF. That way they just pick and choose the best!

@artemis618 yes I am enjoying the break of no needles but am kind of supplemented out. I’ll keep going though! It’s hard trying to guess how various family will respond. My parents got all weird when I told them, yet my SIL has been majorly supportive as best she can be, since she’s over a decade younger and not in my AMA shoes. I am so thankful for her, and she’s a NP so a great go-to for my medical questions!
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Tww I think pretty sure I ovulaaated today

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD16

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatal, NeoQ10, vitamin D, Baby aspirin, red rasberry leaf

Rants/Raves
    :

Questions for the group:

GTKY: When do you start decorating for the holidays? After Thanksgiving then my house looks like it threw up Christmas lol

What are you thankful for this week? My husband working his butt off so we can afford treatments. 

@ndz2018 Yay for AF  arriving!!! 

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    @artemis618 OMG thank you! That is super helpful !
  • Ugh i just got hit with horrendous cold and cough or it’s my allergies either way, wow it feels like i got ran over by a truck 
  • Oh that sucks
    @ndz2018 I'm at the dr with a sick kid today. She looks miserable.
  • Haven’t gone to the dr yet but I’m home from work.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    Ok CD3 bloodwork done!  Should have them back this afternoon!
  • I'm sure it will come back fine @ndz2018 I haven't seen mine since last December. I was thinking of getting a copy.
  • :)@vlagrl29 yup everything came back normal
  • Just popping in to say Hi to everyone!! i'm finally going to the gym today after being cleared Monday.. i've been putting it off nervous it's going to hurt... hope everyone is doing well :) 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 YAY! Take it easy and listen to your body! Baby steps!
  • @ndz2018 Hope you feel better soon.  Glad everything came back normal.  That’s reassuring, though sometimes it seems like it’d be nice to identify something that’s an easy “fix.”  Yay for not having additional challenges though!

@harleyquinn0621 I hope you had a great first workout back!
    About me:
    ***TW***
    **New RE**

-----
    TFAS!

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    @artemis618 I still have my hgs and saline sono on Monday and tue but so far , so good with my blood work. As for SO goes we have decided to freeze his next Sample for if/when we need it for IVF Bc of his low count and 0% morph.
  • all that bloodwork I had done last month was charged at $2700 - my portion is only $11 thank god!  I do love blue cross as we've been with them the last 2 years.  We will go with cigna next year.  blue cross is leaving our marketplace.

Trying to work on my mind to not be so negative and think I can actually get pregnant.  This time last year I was excited and knew it would eventually happen but since the loss that has taken a big nose dive.  I need to believe again.
  • @vlagrl29 when I first started this journey with iuis I went into depression thinking it could never happen BC of my low AMH. Joining this group helped. I also joined an over 35 group on fb and there are many that became pregnant naturally in thier 40s even. One girl her AMH was almost 0 she tried iui and 3 ivf cycles that failed and got preg with twins naturally. I'm def in a better mind set than I was a few months ago. The fact that they can't find anything wrong gives me hope and I just keep trying to improve my egg quality. The only thing I'm doing right now is timing just make sure we be during fertile week and tracking my CM around that time. I gave up on bbt BC it was just stressing me out.