January 2018 Moms

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • I am just in a foul mood. Normally, I can put a bad mood in a box at work, but no such luck today!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Teething still.
    2. Loud guys working right outside our apartment
    3.^^ DD skipped a morning nap
    4. ^^she was also up at 6am this morning thanks to DST. 
    5. IS IT TUESDAY YET
  • Like most of you, my MBF is the time change. DST can suck it. 
    Also, another MBF: Grades. I hate grading. And I hate when grades close...and then students panic and turn in EVERYTHING last minute. Which then screws me over, because I'm furiously grading to make deadlines. Why can't I be mean and just not accept late work??? I say every year that I'm going to do it...but then I'm a softy.
  • We have a FLY infestation at work. It is SO GROSS. They sprayed over the weekend but there are dead flies EVERYWHERE. I want to vomit. Of course only the 8th and 10th floors of our building have it bad and OH GUESS WHO IS ON THE 8TH FLOOR! <barf>
  • I'm in training for my new job and I just cannot help but be annoyed that it seems like no one really has a clue what is going on or what we should be doing.  They're trying a new format where instead of 2 months of classroom/policy training they are breaking it up into sections and having us handle some claims throughout the process, which is fine. BUT it also seems like they're just kind of winging it and I'm tired and growing a person and I want it to be organized!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Are there three year molars or something? DS has been sticking EVERYTHING in his mouth lately. Stuffed animals, plastic toys, random strings and stuff... I keep giving him a teething ring like he's an infant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Colds, colds and more colds.  That's right, we officially all have a cold in our house.  DS probably feels the best or if all of us except for the fact that his canines are sprouting.  Lots of drooling and fingers in the mouth.  I've had confession and cough for close to a month.  I got antibiotics, but I am giving it a couple more days before I go that route. Oh and to top it off... They were out of the milk we get at the store...boo!!!  #firstworldproblems
  • One of my dogs just got up in bed with me and proceeded to puke everywhere including on me. Freaking Monday.
  • @cyanope grading is the ultimate worst thing ever. Especially on a Monday. My report cards are due soon. #fml
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • cyanopecyanope member
    edited November 2017
    I always tell people that if I could take the grading out, teaching would be the best job in the world, @ollydolly. I don't even mind curriculum building. I enjoy it most of the time. But the grading KILLS me. Especially when kids turn in an assignment/project and then expect it to be in the grade book by the following day. Yes, kid...I graded all 228 assignments, from my six classes, in one evening...with a toddler...while pregnant. I am Super Woman. 
    Edit: words
  • @gusgus14 I woke up to my dog puking the other morning...always a delight!  Thankfully not in the bed with me though!
  • I know I’m a day late .. but ugh daylight savings time !!! My toddler is so screwed up from it and I’m exhausted ! 
  • cyanope  I don't think I have the same type of pressures in elementary, but I hear ya. I'm not sure how I am going to make it through December - our break starts (and my leave) starts on Dec. 22d. That's a whole lot of concerts, crafts, and Santas. 

Has your school looked into FreshGrade? I know a lot of Secondary teachers who love, love, LOVE it because it puts some pressure on students to be more aware of time crunches and parents are able to log in and see, "yup, your kid did diddly this week". 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • I haven't heard of it, @ollydolly, but I'll check it out! I'm always looking for cool classroom tools. We do have an online grade portal where parents can check in on their kids (grades, behavior reports, absences, etc.), and that's helpful to keep parents off my back. But...teenagers are still bossy little buggers!