January 2018 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 11/4

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments this week/last?
4) How are baby preparations going?
5) Rants/Raves/Questions?
6) GTKY: Now that Halloween is over, when do you think it is okay for all things Christmas to appear? When do you typically decorate? Listen to music? Shop?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 11/4

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 30 weeks, zucchini
    2) How are you feeling?
    I think I'm getting sick, feeling kinda stuffy with a sore throat. Besides that, just the usual - out of breath, can't roll over, legs hurt, pants won't stay up...
    Monday afternoon is the first of my every 2 weeks appointments
    4) How are baby preparations going? No progress since a few weeks ago when I did the first pass at cleaning out the junk from baby's room
    5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Today is the 8th anniversary of MIL's death. DH has been down all week, on top of being sick. It just sucks.
    6) GTKY: Now that Halloween is over, when do you think it is okay for all things Christmas to appear? When do you typically decorate? Listen to music? Shop? Let fall and Thanksgiving have their time! We always saved Christmas stuff until after my sister's birthday on 11/30. Then let it all out. I always have intentions if starting shopping early but it usually doesn't happen.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    29 weeks - Barbie convertible/ acorn squash

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. Mostly just tired and back pain.

I have a growth ultrasound on the 8th. I am looking forward to seeing my little man!

My awesome brother brought the crib over from my parents and set it up for me. I was gifted a cradle from DD’s Doctor (as mentioned in the randoms thread), so I need to get that home, but things feel like they are at least somewhat coming together. 

Rant: I so wish this dang LO would flip. This is probably my last baby (SO has less than no interest in having anymore kids). When I thought I wouldn’t have anymore, I was sad I would never get to feel a baby move again. Now, I can barely feel him anyway because of the stupid anterior placenta and him being breech. 

6) GTKY: Now that Halloween is over, when do you think it is okay for all things Christmas to appear? When do you typically decorate? Listen to music? Shop?
    Typically, I’d say after Thanksgiving for most things. When I was in school, I’d try to get shopping finished early because of finals. Now, I am freaked out about trying to get everything accomplished, so I REALLY want to get started decorating and shopping. I probably won’t, but I’d love to! 

• Loading the player...
    31 weeks. Asparagus. 

2) How are you feeling?
    I haven't been around TB the last few days because I had a horrible experience with back spasms the other night and I've been trying to recover. Lots of water, magnesium, potassium. My chiropractor made a special trip to the office to treat me on Friday. I can't lay down at all, so that's put a wrench in my attempts to get a good night's sleep. Hopefully I'll be able to lay down tonight. So basically, I'm feeling pretty crappy. My whole left side is sore and tight. 

Only chiropractor. 

Pretty good. My sprinkle was today so I got some diapers and wipes and a few gift cards to get some odds and ends. 

BACK SPASMS ARE THE DEVIL. 

I think it's crazy that Christmas items start appearing even before Halloween. I usually won't do any decorating until December, but I will probably put up the tree next weekend or the weekend after that this year, breaking my own rule. I just don't see myself decorating at 9 months pregnant. 

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

28 weeks, he is as big as an eggplant 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good overall. The baby sure is moving quite a bit. But I think I'm getting a cold...
    28 week check up on the 8th. Glucose testing, Tdap and Flu shot that day. So I'm treating myself to a mani/pedi 
    No changes since last week. Waiting for DH to come home from hunting so we can put the crib together again and going to start going through clothes that we have been given and start washing what we want to keep.
    Random numbness/internal pins and needles feeling that happens off and on. Definitely bringing it up with my doc on Wednesday. Concerned it may be related to anemia or a heart flutter....slightly crazy too. Lol
    I usually wait to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I am a last minute shopper (as much as I would like to get it done throughout the year). I am not a big Christmas music fan (UO). I don't really listen to Christmas music unless it's Christmas day. Haha
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 30 weeks, the size of a zucchini, motorcycle helmet (?!), or platypus (lol)

2) How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good, but the exhaustion from first tri is sneaking it’s way back to me. Heartburn is a total bitch.

3) Any appointments this week/last? Have an appointment this coming Wednesday. I’m on the every two weeks train for the next 6 weeks.  

4) How are baby preparations going? Still not going that well, really need to get the mattresses and sheets for the little dude’s beds. Still need to figure out a lot of things. Sigh.  But my sister in law sent us a package from Germany – omg, beautiful clothes and sweet little things. So happy. So at least this kid will look good.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? When will I stop hating my job? Seriously. I hate everyone/thing. I also have to pack up my classroom in the next few 6 weeks. UGH. 

6) GTKY: Now that Halloween is over, when do you think it is okay for all things Christmas to appear? When do you typically decorate? Listen to music? Shop? Remembrance Day (Nov. 11) is a big deal in Canada. I don’t feel comfortable until that is over and then I barf up all the glitter and elves and Santas right after! I start off by blasting this song on the morning of November 12th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQViqx6GMY

First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Hey I made some progress on the baby's room today! Went through some bags of assorted items, moved two walkers and several boxes of 12, 18, and 24 month clothes into the attic, brought down the RNP and 3 month clothes box, got the babywearing devices hung up neatly (how do I have 4??). Bonus, I found a brand new pair of LLR leggings that I had totally given up for lost and secretly suspected DH of throwing out with the poly mailer.
    There's still a box of stuff for me to deal with, my box of yarn & knitting projects, and a heap of computer stuff for DH to go through, but with the bigger clothes out of the way I managed to fit the PNP, stroller, and infant seat into the closet. So there's more space to move around in the room and it feels a lot better.
    Pregnancy Ticker