1st Trimester

Progesterone

hey all I am on progesterone after 2 unexplained misscaraiges. This is my first time on it and I am only 5 weeks pregnant yet I look about 3-4 months. I'm plus size (14/16) anyway but not my stomach is rock hard and bloated. Anyone else experiencing this on progesterone so early? 

Re: Progesterone

• Hi there! YES! I am on Crinone, it makes me very bloated also. I ended up breaking down and wearing a pair of maternity leggings today because I can't stand the waist band digging in on my regular pants lol. I hope you feel better!!
  • Oh wonderful I'm so glad it's not just me
  • Loading the player...
  • KLake42KLake42 member
    I'm on progesterone because of IVF, so I started injections prior to even getting pregnant-- and yes, tons of bloating.  I'm at 6 weeks, and can't button my pants.  
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• haj1213haj1213 member
    @futuremrsbalser Just curious, do you know what your levels were before you started to supplement? I've had 4 unexplained MC and asked my doc about progesterone this time around. She said I didn't need it, but I'm wondering if I should have pushed it more. 
  • I hate how bloated its making me. I cant fit in my clothes and only 5 weeks 
  • @futuremrsbalser *****TW I too am PGAL (2 unexplained Blighted Ovum miscarriages) 
    the beginning of March I started my very first IUI cycle and by the grace of God we were successful  <3 TW****

Two days after we did the actual IUI my Dr. Started me on 100mg Endometrin (vaginal inserts) twice a day. 
    And the bloat was almost an immediate result. Though I felt alittle bloated already from the other meds I had started 2 weeks prior. I've always been a legging/jeggings wearer but definitely noticed things getting snug around 5-6 weeks! So you are def not alone!

Fast forward alittle bit, I am currently 10w6d and literally just took my last one! I'm freeeee! Lol. I am so curious if my bloating will go away abit. Scared to stop them but Dr said I am more then fine and have been on them long enough. I'm just so excited not be a drippy mess(wasn't all the time, but enough!)lol 

Are you on suppositories or injections?
  • ccm2017ccm2017 member
    On progesterone as well, and yes same issues with major bloating!
  • Yup the bloat is real, and the constipation is right there with it. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• They don't know my levels never tested me for it. Just decided progesterone wouldn't hurt anything could only help. Had my first ultrasound today and baby seems healthy 
  • Yes, I had someone ask me at 5 weeks if I was pregnant!
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Lol that was me last week. I had 3 people ask me 
  • I'm 19wks and Dr. Just started me on progesterone inserts 200mg 1 a day for a thin cervix
  • I've been on progesterone supps since 7/19 for my ivf 5d fresh transfer yesterday and HOLY BLOAT BATMAN. Also my nips ache and I missed out on the constipstion and won progesterone poops! Haven't left the apartment all day! I thought the gas and heartburn were bad until the diarrhea set in. 
    ME: 33 / DH: 37
    MFI, NTNP x 10yrs
    6/2017: started IVF + ICSI cycle #1, antagonist protocol (menopur/gonal-f/ovidrel)
    7/17/2017: ER, 16 eggs retrieved, 15 mature and ICSI'd, 7 fertilized. 
    7/22/2017: 1 fresh day 5 embryo transfer, rest of embryos arrested at day 4 morula stage
    7/31/2017: BFN
    August: DH started clomid
    November 2017: Started metformin for egg quality
    March 2018: Planning to do IVF + ICSI, antagonist with HGH, freeze at 2pn stage for 2018 FET
  • Following this to gain more info on progesterone - just getting tested now. Thanks for posting your info ladies- if you have any other updates can you let me know?
    You're all making me dread the bloat if I go on it! Haha I hope it works well and you all have great pregnancies.
  • Started with pink light bleeding every 2 days or so - then started getting it everyday (really light) but still got me worried. Went to the dr we did an ultrasound (6weeks by that time) everything was ok but gave me an estrogen shot and ordered 1 estrogen supossitory of 200mg every 12 hours for a month. Pain and bleeding stopped. I feel great except for the EVERYDAY nausea and constipation. 
  • Oh my gosh this makes me feel so much better! We did a frozen transfer on August 2nd and I look so pregnant. Our first was a frozen transfer as well and I was in maternity pants by 10 weeks! You guys are making me feel way less dramatic and ridiculous for trying to figure out how to unbuckle my pants at 5 weeks now!! Thanks ladies!!
  • What were everyone's Progesterone levels before Dr put you on them? Mine is 19, Dr likes to see above 20. He said it's fine, but I could go on them for peace of mind. Not sure what to do. I'm 6w4d and did have a previous miscarriage 2 months ago at 9w. Any help would be appreciated 
  • For those asking what their progesterone levels were i can give insight on mine. I have had one previous mc when I was 6w1d. Progesterone should have been 18 but was 4. So this time around they checked my levels immediately, at 4w6d mine was 10 should have been closer to 20 but Dr doesn't like anything below 15. Started 100mg suppositories 2x a day and will be on them the entire first trimester. Apparently when progesterone levels are low you can actually drop which may have been what happened in my mc, but never had levels taken prior to my mc.