July 2018 Moms
Options

***READ FIRST*** Board Organization

edited November 2017 in July 2018 Moms
Congratulations and welcome to the July 2018 BMB!  If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. [Note: I've borrowed this from June 2018 and what appears to be every other BMB ]

Some links that you may find helpful:
How-To Guides:
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
-How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
-Add yourself to the spreadsheet
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: if a post is "assigned" but hasn't been started by mid morning, feel free to start it!
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

MONDAY
  • Weekly Appointments 
  • Weekly Randoms 
  • Meal Plan Monday 
  • Monday Bitchfest 
  • Product Spotlight: __________ (e.g., strollers, car seats, etc.)
  • Monday Ticker Change
TUESDAY
  • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday 
  • First Time Mom Check-In 
  • GTKY 
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In
  • Tuesday Ticker Change
WEDNESDAY
  • WTF Wednesday
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Second Time Mom+ Check-In 
  • Plus-size Mom Check-In
  • Wednesday Ticker Change
THURSDAY
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 
  • TTGP Grad Check-In 
  • What My Pregnant Self is Eating 
  • Pregnant after IF
  • Thursday Ticker Change
FRIDAY
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) 
  • Why My SO is a ... 
  • Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 
  • Fit Mom Friday 
  • Canadian check-in
  • Friday Ticker Change
SATURDAY
  • Why my SO is Awesome
  • Weekend Randoms 
  • Small Business Saturday
  • Saturday Ticker Change
SUNDAY
  • Healthy Habits Check-In 
  • Weekly Questions 
  • AMA Check in
  • HG Check in
  • Symptoms Thread
  • Sunday Ticker Change

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs!

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate, and hopefully we won't end up answering the same question 2,000 times.

Let's have an amazing BMB!

*Edited to update for daily ticker changes

Re: ***READ FIRST*** Board Organization

• Options
    thanks for this! I wasn't sure how to do it
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    No problem @lindsayleigh1989 :)

I don't, however, know how to create an editable Spreadsheet to post to the board. If any new comers know how to do that so ladies can enter their own data, please feel free to create the post!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bump for all the newcomers :)
  • Options
    @bumptara Please pin this before it gets lost in all the new posts! :)
  • Options
    @BumpCaitlin @BumpAdmin @bumptara
    Can we get this stickied?? 

• Options

• Options
    @BumpAdmin sticky please! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options

• Options
    @talesofasocialintrovert have you found anyone to make a spreadsheet?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m a little late on this, but I noticed the weekly ticker change on Sunday but mine would change on a Friday. Shouldn’t we have a daily ticker change? Just the way Feb2016 did it, but if not I guess that’s fine too. (It included basically what your weekly check ins did. So what week, size, symptoms, doctor appointments, rants/raves and a gtky question)
  • Options
    I’m a little late on this, but I noticed the weekly ticker change on Sunday but mine would change on a Friday. Shouldn’t we have a daily ticker change? Just the way Feb2016 did it, but if not I guess that’s fine too. (It included basically what your weekly check ins did. So what week, size, symptoms, doctor appointments, rants/raves and a gtky question)
    I agree with that @paytonpedro

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 and @paytonpedro I think the organization was copied from June 18. I think the idea is that with the weekly due date check-ins we are checking in with people due around the same time instead of just people who's tickers change the same day of the week, who could potentially be due 4 weeks apart. I think we just go with what everyone wants though. Or both? This is my first BMB so I don't really know :)
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    I've done ticker days before and liked it, because I could kind of see what was coming down the pipe as a person due at the end of the month. Idc too much, though. It was never a post I super paid attention to after a while. 
  • Options
    /is no help. 
  • Options
    I’m okay with whatever. 

• Options
    I’d say either due date or ticker days I don’t think we need both 

• Options
    We could wait and see what serves our board best down the line, as we've only been live for three days. :D
  • Options
    Maybe due date check ins for now and ticker change later on when more of us know our exact due date?  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    It was just a suggestion. I was also at the end of the month last time around so I loved the weekly ticker change because I could connect with the ladies a week or 3 ahead of me. It was like our own little group inside a group, if that makes sense. We can definitely wait and see what serves our board better or possibly ask in a poll in a week or two to see what the general consensus is or if anyone even cares. 
  • Options
    Just to add, for example I had a girl 2 weeks ahead of me and she was able to share about her glucose tests and being a ftm it definitely helped me out. It turns it into a mentor group kind of. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Thats why I liked days, too, and I was at the end of the month the also.  :)
  • Options
    We could try both for awhile and see what people want after experiencing both? I'm a FTM so I am all for learning from everyone else :)
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options

Okay, its been a while for me. Can someone tell me if they still have the badges.  I have "Autumn baby", but I want to add a "summer baby" and the breast feeding one. Did they get rid of them?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I can make a Google doc that anyone can edit if you let me know what need a to be on it :)
  • Options
    @danrud36 thanks but we already have one! Check out the July 2018 Spreadsheet thread!
  • Options
    @acunamatada I saw it right after I posted that and filled it out
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert Can we put something in the post about phone emojis cutting off text? It seems to be a common enough problem I thought it could benefit people in the Read First. 
  • Options
    What does TW stand for? I couldn't find it in the abbreviations thread. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa It stands for trigger warning. It's to warn people before you post anything that may be triggering, such as loss, abuse, rape, eating disorders, etc. In my limited experience people don't get mad if you forget to use them, or don't use them for small things (like, I don't put it if I literally just say "after my loss...") but it's considerate to use it for stories pertaining to potential triggers. People often just say TW......end TW, but the most helpful way to use it is as follows:

TW/ loss mentioned (abuse, etc.)

story
    story 
    story

/End TW

Hope that helps! Let me know if it was confusing.
  • Options
    @christycalifornia Thank you for the clarification! That's makes sense.

• Options
    Oh sh*tballs, I just posted a Monday ticker change lol I swear I participated in one? Anyway, disregard!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel Monday ticker change is great! It's what the board preferred as a format, I just don't think it ever got changed in here. @TalesOfASocialIntrovert can we change that, pretty please?
  • Options
    @christycalifornia thanks for catching that and yeah it would be great if we could remove due date check ins from hear to avoid confusion

• Options
    Ok, so, game on with the ticker change? Lol
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel Game on, girl! I prefer them, too. 
  • Options
    @christycalifornia I actually edited the post a few days ago to reflect daily ticker changes. Does it not show that way for everyone else? At that the end of each day, it should say "xday Ticker Change".
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited November 2017
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I think they want the "due date check in" removed from thursday? ETA the ticker changes are there each day!
  • Options
    @SmashJam Done! Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't even see it when it last edited the post  ;)
  • Options
    I didn't see a Mental Health Check-in above. Should we start one weekly? I think it would be a great post just to check-in to see how everyone is doing mentally, whether you are being medically treated or not. 
    Anyone?