March 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY: Your Worst Date?

Okay ladies! Tell us about the worst date you've been on?

Me: 30 H: 30
Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: GTKY: Your Worst Date?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mass-girl-at-heart oh dear haha. All I can picture is someone singing some Boyz II Men to you, and I am giggling pretty hard.
  • Options
    @syssa-o Wow, I think you "win."
    Like, that sh*t probably should have been reported to dean of students or something. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @fatstagnation we turned it into a form of entertainment tbh lol... we would make bets (TB just “auto-corrected” bets to Netanyahu) on when he would text me/ what it would say.  I can see how it should have been reported though. 
  • Options
    So worst date was an online match up. He was an engineer ((no offense, but if you’ve worked with engineers before you know they are just a little different)). So we went to Olive Garden and he was talking about his coworkers and how his closest coworker has gotten married recently and had his first kid. Apparently his coworker told him that he was behind and that he needed to get married and have a kid too. So, how did I feel about marriage and kids. Thankfully, I drove myself. I texted my bff under the table and had her call me with a fake emergency because I didn’t want to be rude. I did offer to pay for my food but he insisted that he was good so, free meal? At least he had the good sense to never call/txt me after that. Ha. I guess I was pretty rude. The best part was that right as I was leaving, I had a txt from my ex about getting back together. 
  • Options
    Some of these are awesome!

My worst date was my first date. I met him at a gathering with some of my brother's friends, and he seemed like a cool, funny guy. We went out on a Sunday to go to the zoo and then see a movie, and I'm pretty sure now after the fact that he was stoned the whole time. We were driving in some terrible traffic to get from one side of the city to the other, and he almost crashed multiple times because he would speed up between construction zones, and then slam on the brakes when we got to the slow areas of traffic. Several times he would have to pull off the road to miss hitting the back of a car... it was so awkward. We were talking a lot, but at them same time I'm trying to get him to pay attention to the road! His eyes were pretty bloodshot and it didn't seem like he could focus on two things at once. After the going to the zoo and the movie, which was pretty fun, I said I had to get home and couldn't do dinner. He invited me to go hang out with his "friends" some other time, but I found out later that he was heavy into weed. I didn't really know the signs during the date, and while he was driving I thought he was just trying to be funny and scare me. The funny thing though was that later my brother told his friends and this guy he was going to be enrolling in the police academy, and the guy never texted or called me after that and we never saw him at the place we used to hang out at again.   :D

• Options
    @fatstagnation I loved my engineers when I worked for a medical equipment company... They are just their own people. And they usually have a different sense of humor and don’t like to be all that social. Seriously, no offense intended! 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick @fatstagnation I'm an engineer, and I am 100% awkward (see above story for verification). I'm also married to an engineer, and he's not awkward at all! I wish I could be as calm, cool, and collected as he is in all situations, but alas, I am the stereotypical shy introvert who turns bright red when I'm uncomfortable. :neutral:
  • Options
     @mdfarmchick no offense taken! 
    @stlbuckeye132 just be yourself! I am also an introvert. I find that people who start off seeming "a bit wierd" actually turn out to be quite genuine and some of my fav people.  <3

DH isn't so much conversationally awkward, but his sense of style is questionable. I'm not a fashionista by any means but the golf shirt 24/7 is like, ugh. why?  Is that an engineer point of pride? The more I say something (like, is that dressy enough for this event?) the more defiant he gets about it. It seems pretty gender neutral too. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @fatstagnation hahahaha I'm dying! That's MH's uniform too--a polo, jeans, and tennis shoes. Every day. I've at least gotten him to mix up some of the colors of his polos (he used to wear only gray or blue), and he has some nicer-looking jeans now. He also has some nicer shoes that he wears maybe once every two months! haha I don't really care enough to go much beyond that though because I'm also clueless when it comes to men's fashion.
  • Options
    @day38 real life picture of me reading your story (I can't gif so this is the best I can do!)

• Options
    stlbuckeye132   :D 
    Some of DH's golf shirts were soooo old too.
    Me: I think it's time to get rid of that. DH: my mom bought this for me. Me: You haven't lived in Italy for 12 years! DH: yeah, this shirts like 20 years old. Me: burn it! WTF? 

He hate to throw things away. So, likewise, I've at least gotten him to get some nice ones, new ones that aren't threadbare and fugly. sheesh. smh. 

@day38 OMG I can't even speak. "tell me how to get her." just wow. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @fatstagnation I'm starting to get concerned that we may actually be married to the same person! :lol:
  • Options
    @day38 I LOVE the Youtube video part.