January 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments Thread: Week of 10/30

DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekly Appointments Thread: Week of 10/30

• Had my 30 week today. I gained 6lbs in two weeks. Needless to say the gain was mentioned. Back to really trying to be on the healthy train. 

About to walk into my doula appointment. 
  • I have my first growth u/s tomorrow, it’s the first of many many appointments I have for the remainder of this pregnancy. I’m also meeting with my doula on Thursday  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having a meeting with my midwives tomorrow and an echocardiogram for the little one. They've done two ultrasounds already but he doesn't want people to see he really has a heart. So now they're sending us to the cardio folks. I'm not too nervous for it. 

I'm also doing a second glucose test. I passed the first one weeks ago but they wanted to test me twice because of my weight. I feel fine and believe I'll pass this one as well. But it does make you nervous. I'm actually more nervous about that than anything else. And they want to draw my blood and I hate that and DH can't go with me. 

At least the vampires at my hospital are nice ones. 
  • Just got home from my 31 week appointment. Heart rate was 140 and I feel her move frequently so doctor is not concerned. Next appointment is Tdap, didn't do it today because I'm sick.
  • gravcassgravcass member
    edited October 2017
  • Just had my 30 week appointment. Baby sounds good. She did mention that she wasn't head down yet, which I thought huh, I definitely felt hiccups way down there. OB said she should flip in a few weeks and stay that way. 
    We did discuss my breathing problems and my tachycardia. I'm supposed to keep a journal of what is happening, when, where, what I just did, what my heart rate is. And if it last more than 30 minutes go to the ER. She is thinking maybe my blood pressure keeps bottoming out. It was 98/58 just now at my appointment. 
    Follow up and growth scan in 2 weeks
  • I'm also in every two week appointments, I have one tomorrow. My BP has been creeping up a little so I expect to have changes to my meds. I also got a call today that they've started scheduling my third trimester high risk tests. Starting Friday I'll be in for a growth scan once a week and NST twice a week for the rest of the pregnancy. Tomorrow I get the schedule for the rest of my testing, but I've worked my last 40 hour week of the pregnancy. *gulp* That snuck up on me. She's also scheduling a 24 hour urine test. God I hope they let me do that on a weekend or day off, I really don't want to carry around a bucket of pee at work.I want to talk about the actual induction date she has in mind so I can plan my maternity leave etc.
  • @auntieraindrop that's a heavy appointment, but it sounds like your OB is giving you excellent care.  FX your BP numbers keep steady for a while longer!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Had my first biophysical US today at the MFM. Things look great and I'm on track for a 7lb baby. MFM said that if I have a favorable cervix that is dilating, he'd like to see me induced before new years, about 10 days prior to my due date. He also said that regardless of my cervix, I shouldn't go past my due date. So...I guess operation dilate is officially on for the next 8ish weeks. 

I'm planning on lots of pregnancy tea, sex, evening primrose oil once it's safe, and walking and/or squats. I'm seeing my midwife on Tuesday so hopefully she will have some other suggestions and insight. 

This is definitely getting real!
  • @auntieraindrop so glad you have a great care team! Hugs to you, hope baby can stay in as long as possible!
  • @auntieraindrop Sorry for the news. Hope your BP stays down! Hugs! 
  • @auntieraindrop I hope your BP stays down. That's a lot of appointments but I'm glad your OB is monitoring closely. 
  • @auntieraindrop Hugs! I think the good news here is that you are, as @KatieEl noted, getting excellent care. A bit hard to wrap one's head around possible hospital bed rest BUT good to kn ow you are being so closely monitored etc. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @auntieraindrop hugs! I have lots of monitoring coming up as well...no bed rest, but its hard to feel tied to the doctor's office. I'm glad they're keeping a good eye on you though. 
  • @auntieraindrop omg that's adorable! Glad your BP was good and they passed you on the BPP- we failed the only one we had to do with DD and it was not a pleasant experience.
  • @auntieraindrop my LO was too!! It was precious.