Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat 10/30

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Weekly Chat 10/30

• Looking forward to: Halloween!! My son and a friends son are batman and superman. They're both about 1.5 (4 month age difference) and they're wearing those costumes that make them look buff!

Dreading: well, I O'd this weekend so now my face is reverting back to teenage years  :| I hate when my skin breaks out...and I'm a picker, so it just makes it worse.

Goals: my ILs will be in town this weekend and plan to take DS so that DH and I can get some more cleaning done on our house and hopefully get the car parked in the garage finally!

Random: GO CHIEFS!!!!!!  <3

GTKY: I do. I honestly don't know what to say as far as why, but (hopefully not too religious for this setting...) I believe in life after death, and ghosts go hand in hand with the after life to me.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Looking forward to: My husband's birthday is on Sunday but we have a Remembrance Day service that day so instead I'm going to surprise him and drive him out to a close mountain town for dinner on Saturday. Just the two of us. We need to reconnect and hang out alone for once!

Dreading: I'm actually dreading Halloween tomorrow.  It's supposed to rain here and be around 0° Celsius (freezing point up here in Canada ;) ) It won't make for a fun night! 

Goals: I had a great workout tonight so I'm hoping to keep that awesome feeling going!

Random thoughts: I'm mobile bumping and hating it!!!! Its getting me pretty ragey. 

GTKY: I don't believe in ghosts like they show in movies (floating around looking like a person dressed in clothes) but I've been getting more into wicca and trying to be open to anything. I get very clear and strong deja vu very often.  A lot of my dreams come true, nothing major at this point just phone calls or minor life events. 
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @cecilb93 how cute will they be! And I’m a picker too, when it comes to acne and hang nails. Such a bad habit, but I can’t help it!

@mermaidca I hope he is surprised by your very romantic dinner. It’s supposed to be cold here in VA, but not that cold and luckily dry.

Looking forward to: watching This is Us while DH is out of town. I’m going to catch up from the pilot episode.

Dreading: the possibility of my period returning. Between my nexplanon and BFing I haven’t had a period in over a year. TMI: I’ve been spotting all week and it looks like it’s going to turn into a real AF.  :(

Goals: do yoga everyday after work. So far I have the last 3 work days, so I’m hoping it will help with some of my back/shoulder pain.

Random thought: I have to figure out how to better layer DD in her dragon costume for the cold tonight.

GTKY: I’m undecided. When I used to be more religious it was fun to watch ghost hunters and think about haunting experiences, but my beliefs lean more atheist and I’m unsure. But there’s a lot in the universe we don’t understand, so maybe it’s still possible.

• @meggyme good luck with AF, I'm assuming it'll be your first PP period? My first one after my son lasted 16 DAYS. It was hell. Since then though they've been shorter than before!

@mermaidca I hate how cold it gets sometimes on Halloween. I'm smack dab in the middle of the US, but I remember one year being a princess of some sort and having to wear a giant puffy coat and tennis shoes with it.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @Cecilb93 not the first. I had one right after getting the nexplanon in, but I chalked that up to a surge of new hormones. This is the first “naturally” occurring one. I’m still unprepared for the side effects though. My back is killing me!
  • @CecilB93 The kids sound like they'll be adorable! I'm also a picker (it drives my DH crazy, but it's the way my OCD manifests). Good luck with this weekend!

@mermaidca Ooh, your romantic dinner sounds lovely! I hope it's fun! I also hate mobile bumping. I use it to read and that's about it, unless it's a quick congrats.

@meggyme No suggestions for the dragon costume, beyond maybe some thermals. Hopefully your AF won't be too horrible if it's a proper one this month! After getting my Nexplanon out, my cramps have been terrible and the bleeding is always 1 day light, 2-3 days heavy and I want to die, 1 day light. Hopefully it's not the same for you!

What are you looking forward to this week? We're having friends over for dinner and movies tonight. We don't usually get trick or treaters, since we live in an apartment, so we don't have any candy for them. Saturday is also my last day of work before a week and a half off!

What are you dreading? I see the foot doctor today, so that's going to be fun. We're going to go over how long he wants me to use the orthotics before we try something else.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I need to make sure that the house is very clean by the time I go to bed on Saturday night, since next week is going to be insane.

Random thoughts? I'm tired of being tired.

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? Eh, not really. I do think there are things we haven't quite figured out yet, but are they ghosts? Probably not.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ a week and a half off! Are you doing anything fun?
  • @meggyme My parents are coming for a visit, so we'll be staying at a Disney resort with them for a few days. Then I have two days to get the house spotless and another bag packed because we're going out of state to visit DH's parents!
  • @cecilB93 we're actually so lucky this year - no snow!!  We usually get snow late September/early October.  So complaining that it will be a little chilly right now is a little spoiled of me.  We've always chosen costumes to trick or treat based on how many layers you can fit underneath.  There was no looking cute when I was young, everyone was puffy haha!
  • @mermaidca yay for no snow! Lol

Random but I have to share...my cousin said he and his wife have started discussing trying!! Ah I'm so excited!! Out of the 7 of us cousins on that side, in the only one with my own kid so far. One has a step son, but I guess she doesn't be plan to have any of her own according to my uncle. Two cousins aren't married or old enough yet, but still...lol. I just know my cousin and his wife will be great parents!! Im so excited for them to start trying!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @mermaidca Yay for no snow! That's awesome!

@CecilB93 Also yay for the cousin starting to try!
  • @CecilB93 oh shit, I hope my first PP period isn't that long! I'm on day 6 and it's lightening up so I'm hoping it's on the way out. I'm ready to get the show on the road!

@mermaidca  here in Texas we often have the opposite problem of costumes being too warm, but it was actually perfect weather for us this year.

What are you looking forward to this week? I'm off work Friday and I'm going to the zoo!

What are you dreading? DS keeps throwing things and I can't get him to stop. Parenting is tough, yo.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Clean the house! Things went to pot when everybody was sick, so things need to be cleaned big time.

Random thoughts? Trying to eat lower carb, but it's harrrrrd.

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? Nah. I'm open to it, honestly, but I have seen enough evidence personally.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• What are you looking forward to this week? Getting my hair cut on Saturday. It's obnoxiously long. 

What are you dreading? Work. We have a huge workload to finish before the middle of December and it means I'll be working a ton. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Find some fresh curtains for my office. I want to let the sun in, but then i have to open the blinds and my office is in the front of the house. Some curtains would help diffuse/block the view. 

Random thoughts? Can't wait to start trying! AF should be coming by Sunday, and then we can actually start. 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? I do believe in ghosts. I worked at a small college when I was in graduate school, and some buildings were around during the Civil War. There are documented reports of a couple ghosts appearing, pining after their loves who were killed in the war. Also when I was doing my undergraduate, the organ went off in the performance hall (playing an actual tune!) when no one was in the theater. Some friends were in there and solidified the "nobody was in there but us, and none of us touched the organ" story. 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 yay for almost starting ttc! And what a spooky story.
  • @catlady2015 So many good things for you!  I got my haircut last night for the first time in like 6 months.  I got bangs and immediately regret the decision.  Hooray for starting to try!!

@lalala2004 Have fun at the zoo!  We love ours here!

• @dreamscapes_ - yay for the grocery store finding your debit card!! So glad it wasn't stolen. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Absolutely, I'm thrilled that they have it! DH isn't too happy that I lost it to begin with, but things happen.
  • @dreamscapes_ the giraffes are awesome because they have a perch where you can feed them, but I'm really hoping to see the otters. They haven't been out the last few times I went and I miss them. They're my favorite.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 Otters are so cute!!! Have you seen the Dennis Leary bit about animal rights? It’s an otter inside joke between MH and I now.
  • meggyme said:
    @lalala2004 Otters are so cute!!! Have you seen the Dennis Leary bit about animal rights? It’s an otter inside joke between MH and I now.
    I haven't. Off to Google!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Boring question, but in the US it’s benefit enrollment time. Is anyone taking into consideration your possible TTC/pregnancy related costs when making Medical FSA allotments? And if so what are you planning for?
  • I sort of did, but not really. I have some chronic conditions that prompt regular appointments, so I put a little toward my FSA figuring that if I didn't use it for TTC/OB stuff, I'd use it for that.