March 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/30

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/30

• @DDRRT1982 I will be at Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @DDRRT1982 have fun! My in laws have a big fifth wheel camper and are gone constantly in the summer. Camping with kids is super fun, too. They take DS (2.5) a lot too on weekend trips and he thinks its the greatest thing. He gets so excited when he sees it in their driveway.  :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @DDRRT1982 MH likes all varieties of motor sports, so I've gone to a couple races with him. I must say I'm sad that you won't be able to partake in the beverages, but the people-watching doesn't get any better than at a NASCAR race! :lol: Have fun!
  • @DDRRT1982 TOO CUTE!!!!! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Misplaced FFFC: I was on the June BMB trying to see if my pregnant coworker was on there.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• amylonghornamylonghorn member
    edited November 2017
    @DDRRT1982 You are a trooper - DD is having a sleepover and play day with Grandma and Grandpa!! Fun fact about me and DH - we met camping on the infield of TMS!

ETA - is that pic from Bristol?!?! 
  • DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited November 2017
    @DDRRT1982 You are a trooper - DD is having a sleepover and play day with Grandma and Grandpa!! Fun fact about me and DH - we met camping on the infield of TMS!

ETA - is that pic from Bristol?!?! 
    It is!  We drove from TX to Tennessee to go this year.  You have a good eye.

Edit to add...
    My husband tried to see if it was ok to go to Dayton this cycle and I was like "sure, if you are ok with possibly missing the birth of your daughter." I think we will all go the following year.  My husband says that's one of the most fun.
  • @ksmwalters is your hubby Scrooge? Jk but seriously? If I didn’t have family showing up next Wednesday my tree would already be up. Usually I put it up Black Friday but this year I want it earlier. 
  • @ksmwalters, how dare he even suggest that!!! My in laws stopped putting up a tree a few years ago. It feels so weird walking into their house and not seeing a tree. My parents have started just putting up a small one and it depresses me. 
  • I couldn't find a symptoms thread for this week  - sorry if this doesn't belong here. 

I have been having a major panic attack for more than an hour now.  I'm writing here more as a distraction than anything as I try to get my breathing under control.

I'm calm - my mind is not scared and I'm not feeling anxiety over any particular thing - but I can't get the hyperventilating under control. I'm exhausted.  is 2am and I'm starting a new job tomorrow.  I need rest. 

this is brutal!!!!
  • @bb3vj3n I hope you managed to relax and got to sleep a bit. Panic attacks are brutal, mhmm. Big hugs and all the best on the first day of your new job.
  • @bb3vj3n hopefully you got your breathing under control, and some rest! 
    @notthefather ...annnnd is she there? Haha
  • @bb3vj3n sorry you had such a rough night :( really hoping work goes well today. A new job is definitely something to be anxious about... especially while pregnant. FX you have a good day 
  • @nancysimp @kalawa @syssa-o

thanks ladies - I did eventually fall asleep maybe 30m after I wrote that. That seriously hit me out of nowhere. I have had 1 other attack in my entire life and by no means am I someone who suffers from them often.  It took me a while to recognize that that was indeed what was happening. 

On top of the new job today (which isn't even really a new job - just a location transfer) I have a terrible cough/cold and my heartburn has been intense all week. I think the stress of all three things at once just hit me hard. 

I'm pretty tired and miserable right now but I'm going to get up, suck it up and go in to meet my new team. Going to be a hard day. 
  • @bb3vj3n I’m so sorry! I’m glad it has passed and I hope today goes by quickly.
  • @bb3vj3n I'm glad you got some sleep. Sending positive vibes for a good day!  Hugs!!
  • @bb3vj3n: I’m so sorry that happened to you, especially with such bad timing. I’m glad you got a tiny bit of rest and hope the day goes better for you. Good luck at the new location today! 

@kalawa: haven’t found her yet but I got really tired of scrolling through 7 pages of intros and quit. She has a unique situation that I was hoping I could pick out of the crowd  :#  

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• npkatnpkat member
    edited November 2017
    Nothing will ruin your Saturday morning workout more than a grown man getting on the treadmill next to you with the worst BO  :s
  • @bb3vj3n  I hope you have a good day today! Sending good thoughts your way!
  • thanks everyone for the support. its  been a hard day.....2.5 hrs to go and i FINALLY habe a moment to sit down and take a break/ eat something. I've been on my feet for 7 hrs non stop all morning. this cold is going to kill me
  • @bb3vj3n I hope you start to feel better and can have a more relaxing weekend.  
  • @bb3vj3n at the risk of sounding like I’m invalidating your experience (I promise I’m not, I suffer from panic attacks and know how scary they are) are you sure it was a panic attack and not an asthma attack? 

I ask because my best friend (who also suffers from anxiety) gets asthma attacks when she gets a really bad cold. They feel like panic attacks but it’s really just her body trying to breathe because of the toll her cold is taking in her respiratory system. She doesn’t actually have asthma per se so I’m not sure if I’m calling them the right thing, but the doctors did prescribe her an inhaler so that she has something to help when they occur. Again, I’m not trying to invalidate you, just that you saying you had a cold made me wonder and perhaps if it happens again you’ll be able to go to a doctor and get a solution other than just trying to relax. 

Regardless, I hope you’re feeling better today and are able to relax this weekend. 
  • @ShawnnaO I don't feel invalidated at all. In fact - I'm wondering if maybe you are right.  I'm home from work now and as soon as I crawled into bed I started  to experience the very same symptoms.  it starts out as difficulty breathing and then progresses into hyperventilating. I was just sitting here thinking "oh no - not again" trying to figure out the trigger. when I'm standing I'm ok but as soon as I sit or lay down i start to have trouble breathing again. 

i don't really know what I can do about it though . is it worth going to the emergency room on a Saturday night? My OB office is closed on the weekends....i don't want 6th had you the hospital for something that is not worth their time - but I'm really struggling. 
  • @bb3vj3n oh man, not being able to breathe properly is terrifying. My only advice is that if you do decide to go to emerge do not go to oshawa.... the wait is insane, I’d go bowmanville if you decide to go!
  • ShawnnaOShawnnaO member
    edited November 2017
    @bb3vj3n if you weren’t pregnant I would say just call and make an appointment next week. But since you are, Id worry that since you’re having trouble breathing for such long periods of time, that it’s potentially causing distress to the baby. I’m really not sure though, I think it’s up to you if you go in. Are you feeling movement regularly? 

As for the trigger, I find when I have a cold, I tend to cough and have more trouble breathing when I’m laying down, so that could be why you’re going into this hyperventilating state right as you’re laying down for the night. 

maybe tonight, suck on some cough drops, drink some tea, and use a humidifier if you have one to help calm your respiratory system as much as possible? If you can get through the weekend, just try to get a Monday apt with your doctor? 

ETA: I’m not sure if baby is big enough to be squishing your lungs yet, but that could definitely being making things worse too, which would also explain why it gets so bad when you’re sitting/laying.
  • ashleyf911ashleyf911 member
    edited November 2017
    @bb3vj3n You could always call the ER and talk to a nurse there. I've had a good experience doing that at my local ER a couple times - they usually are able to suggest a few things to try before coming in.  With difficulty breathing though, I wouldn't be surprised if they tell you to come in and get checked. Hope you feel better!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Y'all. I can't get the motivation or want to hang out with friends/family that are out drinking. My cousins and friends that all run together at the Farm, all they do is drink on the weekebds and I cant stand it right now. Went to my bff's halloween party last weekend and it was so awful because everyone was on another level. Seriously, I have become so reclusive that I hate the idea of leaving the house unless it's to work or the store. Is this normal? Am I crazy? 

Half way there! Gender scan on Monday and I'm so excited to find out! I'm so excited to be a mom and an terrified at the same time. 

I love coming into this board and enjoying the days posts with all of you! Thankful to have others going through this with me!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • @bb3vj3n just your friendly RT recommending you be checked out.  More than likely you are ok, but I can think of a few things that could cause your symptoms, all of which would not be silly or unnecessary reasons to seek intervention.  I think it's best to at least call the on-call OB.  I hope things get better soon.
  • @DDRRT1982 I am at a local walk in clinic right now. I decided to just wait it out until morning and I came in here first thing this morning. Just waiting. 

Baby is super active this morning which has me feeling a little better. I wasnt feeling her much yesterday (though admittedly i was distracted). 

ill keep everyone posted
  • @kelsajo I would say that’s pretty normal. I’m pretty much a recluse now too and the cold weather doesn’t help. My mom has been asking about friends to invite to the shower and I keep telling her that I don’t have any. Guess it’s gunna be family only lol
  • @bb3vj3n glad to see you’re getting checked out this morning. Let us know how it goes!  Sending good vibes
  • Keep an eye on it and try to rest. Hugs! @bb3vj3n
  • @bb3vj3n Glad you went and got checked. At least you know it's only a cold.

Those small, 90 calorie, Halloween chip bags are lovely...until you eat 4. With dip. Then the "only 90 calories" screams...but you ate 4!! It was worth it.