TTC After a Loss

November WTO

Re: November WTO

• My vit D is low according to new doc so I need to add that. Everything is piecing together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • vlagrl29 I had low Vitamin D as well. Thankfully that was pretty easy to fix, just take a vitamin. :)

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • @vlagrl29 @dpjennifer  Curious, what's the theory behind Vitamin D? 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• I have to take 10,000 ius a day

for me she thinks it's why my immune system came back low. They work together. I'm going to get some today.
  • I am CD4 after my TW..loss on 10/7...end TW. I did not expect to have my cycle return so quickly...so I guess I will track and see what happens. Fingers crossed for us all!
  • GL @Mack2342 - I hope they find the golden egg :)
  • @Mack2342 Good luck!

AF showed up today right on schedule, so I guess I’m going to start my bloodwork this month. I’m not looking forward to having to fight for an HSG, but I don’t want to just keep waiting like my dr is pushing for. She’s lovely otherwise, but I want to know sooner rather than later if there is a problem. 
  • Thanks @vlagrl29 and @lin0442

@lin0442 I wouldn’t want to keep waiting.  I hope you get everything scheduled 
  • Good luck @Mack2342!!!! Let's hope you're next to blow this popsicle stand!  

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @Mack2342 Good luck!!!  B)
    @lin0442 Definitely fight for what you need. I regret not having more of a voice and pushing them during my testing. When I finally got my voice, there was a lot of time (months) that I couldn't get back. Hindsight is 20/20. 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• why would you even have to fight for an HSG @lin0442 - so sorry you're dealing with that.
  • Thanks, everyone. Sometimes I’m grateful that I work in the medical field, since knowing a bit about the process makes me more confident in being a squeaky wheel. 

@vlagrl29 I think it’s mainly that my dr is assuming I’m just... unlucky? I got pregnant pretty quickly the first time and I’m not quite 30 yet, so I think I’m getting placed in that ‘oh you’ve got plenty of time, keep at it’ group of patients. Oh well :neutral:
  • oh that makes sense @lin0442 - they probably want you to TTC a full year before getting testing.  I had mine done at 6 months in because I guess I"m ancient lol.
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    @honeybeebub - low levels of vitamin D can affect estrogen, testosterone and amh levels making them a bit low as well.  The normal range is 30-100.  I'm at 32.  Optimal level is at least 50.  It's also an antioxidant that supports good health of egg and sperm.
  • @honeybeebub I've heard that vitamin D also protects the fetus against the mother's immune response. I think there is something like a 2-3 times higher incidence of 1st trimester miscarriage in women with low Vitamin D levels. I had mine checked after my first miscarriage and I was deficient. I have been on supplements for about 6 months now and I am in the normal range. If you don't live in a warm, sunny climate, it might be a good idea to get your levels checked!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @vlagrl29 Oh, I’ve tried for over a year already which is why I piped up- can’t get insurance to pay for anything otherwise. 12mos, then 2mos on bc (went on a big vacation- sounds like weird logic but I didn’t want deal with periods or early symptoms or god forbid a mc in a foreign country), now 2 more months trying.  

Maybe she’s not taking me seriously since I took bc for a couple months, but it’s been 14 unsuccessful cycles. I’m kind of kicking myself for taking a couple rounds of pills, maybe that was kind of dumb. 
  • I'd switch doctors - that seems weird.  Have it coded as irregular periods and they cover it @lin0442.  I have little patience for the medical professionals but I'm really happy with my homeopathic doctor.
  • Hello! I go here now. My last cycle was 6.5 weeks so I might be here a while.
  • Temp shift this morning so I’m pretty sure I Od yesterday.  Heading to the TWW 
  • CD 1. Alright November, be kind to us! Anyone planning to try anything different this month?
    My goal is to be as stress free as possible. We're going on 2 vacations this month so I think that's a good start!
  • @Kath525 I’m excited to try preseed this month! The reviews looked so good. 
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • @mack2342 good luck starting your TWW! I’ve got my fingers crossed for you!

I'm cd 8 here... I’m not expected to O until CD17... we don’t have anything new planned... just lots of BD. I did tell DH we’re not starting ED BD until we’re closer though- it’s just too exhausting. He was a little disappointed.

We have our first appointment at the RE nov 28... I’m looking forward to it- but secretly hoping I get KU this month so I can cancel it!
  • @kath525 - The only thing different is all the supplements I've added.  Just focusing on that for now.  We aren't stressing about it the rest of the year.  It's too hard on me.  We are basically going to coast thru the holidays and see where we are after after the new year.  I always use pre seed but I am thinking of actually using the applicators that come with it this month and put it all in me shortly before we even get intimate.
  • I’ve always used pre seed and really like.  You gotta use applicator and get it close to cervix. 

@jchpg I hope you don’t need RE either.  I went to my consultation last March and then found out I was pregnant a week later.  I of course MC since I’m still here but I hope you have that luck with healthy bAbe and don’t need it! 
  • @Mack2342 so you stick it up there like a tampon? I've just been using it like normal lube. I'll try those this month.
  • @shri929 we just started using pre seed last month too!
    @jchpg FX that you can cancel! We have our first appointment next month... Eek!
    @vlagrl29 that's smart and probably very good for mental health!
  • @kath525 - I'm just really feeling content with life right now.  Hard to explain.  Been much happier lately.  I'm actually ready for the holidays now.
  • Ok so I see a lot of preseed users here! I use the applicators but I never thought about how close I get it to my cervix, I’m going to be more conscious now. How many of you use applicators? How many as regular lube? 
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Yes @vlagrl29 I stick up there like a tampon and try to get it as close to cervix as possible.  It’s supposed to mimic your own CM to help support swimmers and get them where they need to be 
  • I had no idea! On to the applicators this month!
  • Told dh about applicators with pre seed yesterday and he says are you going to use it tonight. No dh is cd3 no where close to O. No matter how many times I explain my cycle guess he still thinks I can get pregnant whenever.
  • @vlagrl29 lol men are clueless 
  • I told him it was $18 so I'm not going to use it for nothing!
  • CD12 over here, usually O around CD17. Feel like I might be getting grays over here WTO. But my OPKs have been a bit stronger earlier than last month, so maybe an early O is in the cards?
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016

• Happy Monday ladies, I'm on CD 7 today and wishing there was more I could do for this cycle. I have two chances left at this and my confidence is officially shot. I thought about contacting my Dr. to see if she had any suggestions, but the TTC issue isn't on my side of the deal so I'm not sure it would really make any difference anyway. *TW* I took my DS to a waterpark this weekend, and he was watching all the other little kids playing and I felt sick for him. I could tell he really wanted someone to play with too, and of course it came to mind again how unfair the loss was. He would've have a friend making her appearance in March. I know he's going to be just fine without a sibling if that's how this plays out, but there's something about having a built in buddy that I feel sad he may miss out on. *End TW* 
  • @ELeighMay I totally understand your feelings on the sibling.  That is how I feel for my DS.  He is always so excited to be around other kids that it makes me sad that he might never have that opportunity to have a sibling.  I too know that he will be ok if he doesn’t have one but I just want that for him. 
  • Well I'm her now. CD1.

@ELeighMay I know what you mean about a sibling too. Our 5yo niece came to visit this weekend (she lives about 6 hours away) and my 2yo daughter was in heaven. She absolutely loved having someone to play with, and she asked about her cousin the first thing this morning when she woke up. Makes me sad that she would've had a baby brother in January. 
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    I get it too ladies.  My DD has been baby obsessed since she was 2 and she really really wanted a sister and still does but I see her now not as desperate for one as she use to be.  Her being more like that has made me realize she will be fine.  Both DH and I are only kids and she would be good too.  I don't really feel that pressure anymore of providing her with a sibling.  I feel like if we had another we'd be very blessed but we are very blessed now to have at least 1 kid so many can't even have 1.
    @Eleighmay - if you haven't maybe try adding some supplements.  That might make you feel like you have a little control.  Knowing my vit D is a bit low and leveling out my low blood sugar is making me feel I'm at least having some control of my health if nothing else.  I feel it too - I'm feeling slightly more energetic and happier.
  • @eleighmay I know your struggle. I feel similar when I'm at the park nearby our house with my son.
    I'm sad for this year's Christmas card, too. There should have been two littles on it. I even kept this little radio flyer wagon last year just for that card. Now I just want to bring the wagon outside and go crazy on it like they did in Office Space with the printer.   
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

TTC#2 December 2016