June 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms (w/o 10/30)

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 10/30)

• @izza2 milk chocolate and peanut butter! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @izza2 I would go with milk chocolate and almonds, that way you get some protein out of it.
  • @izza2 mmmmm ... Chocolate and almonds!
    I had a triple chocolate tuxedo cake for lunch ;)
  • @stephcat421 - I don't know what that is but I want it!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Milk chocolate sea salt caramel sounds heavenly. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •  all this talk about chocolate bars :( I just want to love my chocolate and icecream again! I'd normally have to drag myself out of the kitchen kicking and screaming every night so I wouldn't eat it. now, no interest. it makes me so so sad.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • +1 on chocolate sea salt caramel.

My random.... Our neighbor stopped by today to sell me some oranges and grapefruit! Yay! They grow them locally and he knows we love them. It cost me $3.75 for 25 GF and $5 for 50 oranges. The GF's are white and sweet and delicious. I already ate 2. 

Fast forward to 2 hours later... I 

I wake up from an impromptu nap.. The kind where suddenly you are asleep and don't realize it's happening until you wake up.... And there is orange juice (like fresh oranges) all over the cutting board and the box with the grapefruit... And there is DH just sitting there eating lunch. I inquire about the situation and he explains that the juice must have dripped off of the counter from the oranges he cut up earlier with DD2. I, while trying not to lose my shit about it, calmly reply. Oh. And remain seated. I then, after taking some calming breathes in my mind, slowly get up and very calmly (I. E. Trying to not say anything about it because it will start a fight FOR SURE) and methodically proceed to clean up the mess left for me to clean up. I later while wiping off the 5th grapefruit covered on the bottom in juice... Say to my DD1 and DD2... If you guys eat anymore of the oranges or fruit could you please eat them outside... DH "helpfully" chimes in or on a plate so you don't make a mess.... I am exasperated at this point... But have not said anything and have remained calm... But it's like.. WTF!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @izza2 now all I want is chocolate...
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That awkward moment when an episode of my little pony that dd was watching made me tear up.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• So are admins actively reading all posts? Or are the ones that are being shut down for “unwelcoming tone” being reported? 
  • @BurlapandLace is Big Brother watching? ;)
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @BurlapandLace I was just getting ready to ask that. I haven’t saw that phrase used before. Is it a new thing? The word unwelcome is so interesting because do they really  want us to welcome 500 separate post with open arms and completely disintegrate into an unnavigable forum. Like what.
  • I feel like I haven't been here all week it's been so busy- so hi everyone! Yes July! That was an entertaining read for the start of my weekend - but come on with TOU violations being removed even when quoted? Am I imagining that last time I was here, if something was quoted it stayed in the box even if it was a violation? I want to read what people are saying!
  • @tepr14 - As long as I've been here, they've always been removed. But, sometimes the BGs forget to remove them, because they missed a quote, and then you can still read what was said. :smile:

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• My neighbors' dog has been barking for the past 15 minutes. So annoying! 
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 - Bark back.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 I'm about to. ;)  I mean my dog barks at stuff... but I don't  leave him out to do it for like over 20 minutes...
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 so sorry about the death in your family :( But I do also understand about the family photos... I freaked out at my husband because he had a CFP review class the weekend that we were supposed to take pictures. It's hard to get a spot. Hang in there! Maybe you can get another last-minute cancellation slot or try another photographer this time around?
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @sabby2 we had neighbors one time who would put their obviously inside dog out when they had people stay over and leave that dog outside all night long and it would just bark bark bark nonstop and make our dogs bark incessantly. It was awful. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH just brought me an egg and cheese bagel sandwich and it is glorious. It’s the first thing in days that has been even remotely appetizing and Tastes good! 

Pretty much the ONLY things that sound good to me right now are egg sandwiches and subs... jealous. I hope my husband gets the memo haha. 
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @Dashaina sorry they made a  mess... you basically described my house haha and I know it can be frustrating. But it also sounds like your husband and the kids fended for themselves while you took a nap, which is super nice and doesn't often happen in my house! So I would try not to be too upset about it :)
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I just toasted a bagel and put whipped berry cream cheese on it. Grabbed my plate turned and round and was looking to try to not step on my kitten and my bagel fell on the floor. I almost cried.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Also, did you know they make bagels in the same bread as hawiian king rolls?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 what are said bagels called and where does one get them?!?
  • @Miz_Liz the brand I bought is probably regional but I know Walmart sells sweet Hawaiian bagels in their walmart brand.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• My favorite kitten is super snuggly today. I might just snuggle him all day and get nothing else done.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 As a New Yorker, I find this bastardization of bagels appalling. As a human, it sounds delicious....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 as a midwesterner, I can honestly say I've never had a New York style bagel. I am sad about this.  The closest we can get to 'decent' bagels is Panera Bread.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Omg @LaceyBee522 - I'm going to blame you if I eat all the peanut butter cups in our house leftover from Halloween. :p Everytime I open this thread it shows your post. Feeling powerless against the reeses cups
     LaceyBee522 said:
    @izza2 milk chocolate and peanut butter! 
  • sabby2 said:
    @LaceyBee522 as a midwesterner, I can honestly say I've never had a New York style bagel. I am sad about this.  The closest we can get to 'decent' bagels is Panera Bread.
    As a New Yorker I can confidently say Panera Bread is disgusting ;) 

When I had to visit my client in Ohio every month a couple years ago, Panera was the only thing to eat. Terrible! Blechk! (Probs doesn’t help I’m vegetarian lol) 
  • @sabby2 As a New Yorker raised in rural Missouri, I also love Panera!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It begs the question why my younger self was never smart enough to get an NY bagel while visiting nyc... *sigh*
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 Maybe you were only thinking about cheesecake, like I was whenever I visited NYC. 

I have family in the Albany area and always thought the bread tastes better then. So I bet the bagel do too. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dinodna3 Is cheesecake a thing in NYC? I don't know if I've ever heard of that. 
  • tepr14 said:
    @dinodna3 Is cheesecake a thing in NYC? I don't know if I've ever heard of that. 
    The idea of ny cheesecake is, but I have yet to find it’s actually a thing anyone cares about. In fact, cheesecake I’ve had here is bad, IMO. Much prefer cheesecake in CA. 

Bagels and pizza on the other hand...