March 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions ((29 October))

2»

Re: Weekly Questions ((29 October))

• @bettyvonsomethingstein omg. It has been getting on my last nerve doing that! I’m glad I’m not alone. 

@fatstagnation my nipples have already started darkening and one is actually darker than the other I noticed. It’s normal. I have a little colostrum that tends to leak out and dry and I don’t even notice it yet so I’m not worried about it. I had this with DS too. Not sure if that’s what you mean by “crusty.”
  • barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited November 2017
    @bettyvonsomethingstein I laughed so hard!!! Thank you, TB nonsense for the inadvertent belt help!

@fatstagnation Yes to the dark crusties! You could use this time to see which products you most respond to. Stay away from coconut oil on the nips. Too drying. Shea butter and olive oil are good choices bc they are natural. Olive oil soaked cotton pads will be better when baby is here since it's totally edible. 

Edited to add: Thank you, @scoogy19 bc I'm sending desperate for any belt other than the one I have!
  • Loading the player...
  • @fatstagnation Yes to the dark and dry nipples, noticing the same here. Not sure if it’s from colostrum leaking throughout the day or just dryness. I never notice it after showering, but?! 
  • mmom3mmom3 member
    edited November 2017
    I have really bad vericose veins.  I’ve had two surgeries and procedures done on them.  However, this pregnancy they are horrible.  Does anyone wear maternity compression socks?  I need the full - all the way up. Where can I buy it?  I know when I had my procedures done I need a certain pressure that had to be ordered through a medical supply company but have nothing like that around where I live now.  
  • JBcakes08 said:
    @fatstagnation I have noticed that my nipples look chapped, so I'm hoping it's normal! I know darkening is normal, but I haven't noticed color changes yet.
    They could be drying from the stretching and overall hormon changes. I started using my Motherlove nipple cream already and it has helped a lot. 
  • @mmom3 I always bought mine on amazon. Jobst was the brand I liked the best. The full length ones have a grip at the top and stayed up very well. I have also had to have procedures on mine varicose veins. So far, so good with pregnancy but we'll see once it gets farther along..
  • Thanks for all the nipple responses. LOL I don't think I'm leaking, it's just the actual nipple looks rough and kinda cracked. I'll get some creams.

also, I think someone mentioned skin tags last week. I had some pop up right in the center of my neck. They just appeared out of nowhere. Kinda gross me out but what can you do? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for all the nipple responses. LOL I don't think I'm leaking, it's just the actual nipple looks rough and kinda cracked. I'll get some creams.

also, I think someone mentioned skin tags last week. I had some pop up right in the center of my neck. They just appeared out of nowhere. Kinda gross me out but what can you do? 
    The skin tags were atrocious with my son! SO many!
    I would just pick’em off lol
  • Has anyone found any super-warm maternity clothes they love?  Everything I've bought has come from Motherhood, and I find I'm already FREEZING in the pants and leggings from there.  I can't imagine what my walk to and from work is going to feel like in January!  I'm particularly concerned about finding a good, warm winter coat that can accommodate my growing belly.
  • kinda late but just going to dive in...

Also having a tough time with body insecurities.  I've put on roughly 25lbs so far and that is WAY more than I intended. I also passed the 200lb mark which is a number I never thought I would ever see. 

Whose boobs are these? i don't even recognize them any more. They feel alien to me.  I loved my breasts prior to pregnancy and now they are dark, full of stretch marks and just look angry. 

Lastly - not sure about anyone else, but sex my H and i have pretty much stopped having sec. It's happened ONE time since getting KU. I'm sad about it - but also have no interest in it.  We've talked about and he insists he's okay, that this is just a new phase in our life and we will get past it. We've been together 9 years - and or sex life ebbs and peaks.... but never before have we just completely stopped.
  • @ashtuesday

I know this isn't answering your question...but as a bday gift someone bought me the best reading socks ever! They go up to my knees are are so fluffy inside. Soooo warm...I slept with them on last night. :)
  • @bb3vj3n don't worry about the sex! It's completely normal. I don't have much of a sex drive when pregnant (it happened both pregnancies). Maybe "schedule" sex once a week or once a month... whatever works for you? For me, once things get going I'm fine and enjoy it! Also, not everyone is the same but my sex drive was right back to normal a few weeks post partum.
  • @bb3vj3nI had the same issue with my first pregnancy. The thought of sex just sounded completely unappealing. It’s completely natural so don’t feel guilty for it, but I do understand wanting to show your partner intimacy. Taking a shower together, sleeping without clothes or giving one another a massage helped so much with feeling connected. Sometimes it lead to sex, sometimes it didn’t but the contact and intimacy was there and was surprisingly satisfying. Hope that’s not too much info, but just some advice 
  • @bb3vj3n sometimes I have to plan it, whether H knows it’s planned or not, so I can get into it. I enjoy it while it’s happening but he usually brings it up when it’s sleep or have sex and I choose sleep. I have like a little schedule mentally that he has no clue about LOL like hockey Monday’s he gets a bj and hockey Wednesday’s we do the deed. I know it’s coming and I treat it as something scheduled so I just do it. I always end up enjoying but I have to plan it these days or it won’t happen. 
  • npkat said:
    @mmom3 I always bought mine on amazon. Jobst was the brand I liked the best. The full length ones have a grip at the top and stayed up very well. I have also had to have procedures on mine varicose veins. So far, so good with pregnancy but we'll see once it gets farther along..
    How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking? They are like $65-$100 a pair on Amazon.  
  • Has anyone had a placenta ultrasound? I have one this month. I’m just wondering if it’s the same as a typical US
  • @bb3vj3n, I could have written your exact post. 

I've gained I think 17lbs so far and feel like a whale. This is my 4th pregnancy and my boobs have never made the changes they're doing this time around. And as I watch the number on the scale get closer and closer to 200lbs I want to cry. 

Sex? We've had sex I think 3 times since conceiving. And that was a very conscientious effort on my part. Sigh. Seems like whenever I finally feel
    somewhat in the mood, DH isn't home. And by the time hes home and DS is in bed, I no longer have any desire for anything except PJs and chocolates. 

It'll come back. Eventually. We did it lots in third trimester with DS. Mainly to try to induce labour lol
  • npkatnpkat member
    edited November 2017
    @mmom3 These are the ones I get. You might need a different size but they are $34. They have toeless ones too, but I was always wearing tennis shoes with them, so I liked the full foot. The 20-30 compression is pretty significant and thick, and a little tricky to get on. Just bunch them up like panty hose and pull them up that way would be my biggest tip. There are also some with lower compression that would be cheaper, but I really liked the 20-30 compression.

https://www.amazon.com/Jobst-Relief-Compression-Stockings-Silicone/dp/B0012XSPXS/ref=sr_1_12_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509626786&sr=8-12&keywords=jobst+compression+stockings
  • @ashtuesday  I have the same question. I know, supposedly, pg women are hot all the time, but I am cold constantly and it hasn't even dropped to freezing temps outside. I'm basically sitting under blankets all day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I just had a full on crying meltdown. I am having constipation pain but I'm not constipated. I also feel like my uterus is about to fall out of my vag (sorry for the crude description but that's how it feels). I have a call in to my doctor. I have a low grade fever and the pain gets better when I pee. I think there is something up with my kidneys. Has anyone had this experience before? 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• muggle621 said:
    I just had a full on crying meltdown. I am having constipation pain but I'm not constipated. I also feel like my uterus is about to fall out of my vag (sorry for the crude description but that's how it feels). I have a call in to my doctor. I have a low grade fever and the pain gets better when I pee. I think there is something up with my kidneys. Has anyone had this experience before? 
    Possibly bladder or kidney infection? I hope you get seen soon and treated, that sounds awful!
  • @muggle621 I get this a lot. For me, it's a pinched nerve in my lower back apparently. But you should probably head to a walk in if your doc doesn't respond quick. You don't want to mess with bladder/kidney infections.
  • @muggle621 Is the pain more on the sides of your lower back? I had a kidney infection a few years ago and it was terrible. Hope you can get some answers (and a urine culture).
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited November 2017
    Guys, I so feel all of you on the body thing. I'm measuring 6-8 weeks ahead (twins blah blah blah) and constantly going back and forth between wondering if I'm growing enough and wanting to throw shit at my mirror. I'm petite and used to be very thin until ~ 2016 but this is by far the biggest I've ever been and it just looks wrong. I'm so short so you can really see every pound. Ppl can definitely tell I'm pregnant now at least, but still. Luckily MH is being a good sport about talking me down form the ledge when I tell him how gross I feel. 

@barrelocarol That has to be the worst thing I've ever heard of a doctor saying to a mom. WTF. Wow. 

@nancysimp I heard the cell phone/IPad thing too, and although I think we need more research on it and it seems like we're not sure about it yet, it definitely freaks me out. I no longer put my laptop on my lap and when I'm at home I try to put the cell phone 1 foot away from me when I'm not using it as some people say it's not as bad if you do that, and I turn off my phone at night (but was already doing that for sleep hygiene). This is probably gonna be one of those things that isn't "proven" for awhile, like, years, but I don't want to risk it. Hold on, I need to go grab my tin foil hat, I'll be right back :#

@bb3vj3n We haven't totally stopped, and when we have it we both enjoy it a lot, but it's difficult for us to have time for it and also I've discovered I have a mental block where I need to at least kind of sort of kind of "forget" I'm pregnant in order to be in the mood. What's helped me the most honestly is clothing. I try to wear something remotely sexy that covers my bump and I leave it on the whole time. MH did not have this idea (and either doesn't care or is being a decent human and pretending lol), but for me I looked at the bump and was like, OK I need to hide you, now. And it did help. GL!

@muggle621 Oh no--I hope you feel better!  <3
  • @muggle621, checking in.  Are you doing any better? Have you been seen? 
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Is there any truth to the heartburn = more hair thing? I very rarely had heartburn with my daughter and she came out almost bald. But this pregnancy I’m having heartburn everyday, some days it’s ALL DAY (like yesterday). 
  • @ShawnnaO I had heartburn like a mofo with DD and she was totally bald!!! 
  • @ShawnnaO, I had heartburn from 4 days after conception until DS came at 41 weeks. It was my first sign I was pregnant as I'd never had heartburn in my life. He had hair, but not a lot by any means. Just a peach fuzz. 
  • @amylonghorn @justkeeptrying thanks ladies! Okay so I won’t plan for a long haired baby! I was bald until I was three and P still has the shortest little hair, so it may have been wishful thinking  :D
  • @ShawnnaO No..  :/ I had it terribly with DS and he had only the tiniest bit of peach fuzz, looked like a cute little old man. Only had it occasionally if I ate something wrong with DD and she had a head full of hair! It’ll be interesting to see what this baby has, so far I haven’t had it TOO much, but when I do it’s bad. 
  • @ShawnnaO: Nope, sorry!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Has anyone else gotten bacterial vaginosis? I just got results back that I have that AND a yeast infection. Then of course google happened - BV can cause preterm labor and low birth rate? And they make it sound like even if antibiotics make it go away, this may be an ongoing problem? 
  • @StephBrim24 Yes!! Sad to say, I'm in this boat!! 

My midwife told me the yeastie can stay untreated with no issues to baby (but who wants to deal with that?). The BV needs to be dealt with at some point. 

I wasn't told it could be an ongoing thing, per se, only that it could return if I didn't take certain steps to ward it off. Even then, another round of meds would clear it up. 
  •  popping tums like candy for the past 4 days. Hoping this does not continue
  • @barrelocarol - so glad you knew a little more! I didn’t think to ask any questions and google just says preterm labor and other negative stuff wayyyy too much on all the searches. It didn’t explain if it was rare or only with other complications or what. Hoping we can both kick it and be done!
  • @fatstagnation  I feel you on the skin tags. My mom always said I would get them and I never believed he because how could things just pop up out of nowhere? And they’re popping up all over out of nowhere.

@ashtuesday Old Navy!! They are having their friends and family sale this weekend. Stock up on some good sweaters.

@muggle621 I’ve been having kidney pain lately too but I think it’s because I haven’t been drinking enough water. I’m glad to hear the water helped you.. gusss I just need to go pound some now.
  • @StephBrim24 Yup, I had it and took the nasty antibiotics. Those things are nasty. I asked if they would be retesting to see if it went away and they said they usually don’t unless I was still having concerning symptoms or if they came back. 
  • @StephBrim24 Ugh, yes! I'm in full swing taking the medication now. Hoping it's just this round and we're done, too!